"All or Nothing" - Queer Performance Piece

Andiamo

For one of my classes, a theater history class called Queer Performance, we had to do some form of performance for part of the midterm. Over the past couple of weeks, I worked with one of my friends to write a piece that's about 8 minutes long called "All or Nothing." It's a comedic piece about the similarities and differences between being ace and being bi. (Yes, I know that the name is inaccurate, but it's funnier.) 

Today we performed it for the class. It went better than I could have hoped. We only messed up once, and even then we picked it back up and the audience stuck with us. They even laughed at things that our "test audience" (2 of my other friends) hadn't found as funny. Also, to my knowledge, it's one of the first pieces to deal with the subject, though I hope I'm wrong about that.

Even though it was only performed for about 20 people, I thought it was worth mentioning on here.

Great stuff! And even if it's "only" 20 people, everything that raises awareness is valid. :cake::cake::cake:

Archived