The Metalhead Fortress

SaturnOOO

@Kimmie.

Sabaton and Apocalyptica together :) Though you don't really hear the  strings that much in this piece. 

From me:

Spoiler

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Piotrek said:

@Kimmie.

Sabaton and Apocalyptica together :) Though you don't really hear the  strings that much in this piece. 

From me:

Reveal hidden contents

Arch Enemy that is awesome to.

I really want to go to a Sabaton concert once in my life. They are planning a Sweden tour this winter/spring but it sounds like it will be cancelled because the obvious reason.

Spoiler

Rare Aztec Whstling Chickn
4 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

Arch Enemy that is awesome to.

I really want to go to a Sabaton concert once in my life. They are planning a Sweden tour this winter spring but it sounds like it will be cancelled because the obvious reason.

Reveal hidden contents

4 hours ago, Piotrek said:

@Kimmie.

From me:

Reveal hidden contents

Arch Enemy was pretty fun to see live a couple years ago. I wanna do it again

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Una Salus Victus said:

Arch Enemy was pretty fun to see live a couple years ago. I wanna do it again

I saw them about 15 years ago when they still had Angela on vocals. Melo death isn't really my bag but they were professionals. I really enjoyed the show and Angela was really badass (love seeing genuinely awesome metal women.) That was probably the last time I heard anything from them though and I'm not a big Alissa W-G fan. 

I came here to post this and am chagrined to remember it's actually loosely related. Listened to this album for the first time in ages the other day and forgot how much I love this song:

• Like 1

Haven't been this excited about a new-to-me band in a long time. I can't remember anything so full of respect for black metal roots but at the same time so proficient at creating a unique sound since Svartsyn's Timeless Reign came out in 2007. I think fans of Moonsorrow will dig this band!

Edit: @Rasluka nice to see another black metaller here :) Urfaust is one of my favourite "contemporary" BM bands.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, SaturnOOO said:

Haven't been this excited about a new-to-me band in a long time. I can't remember anything so full of respect for black metal roots but at the same time so proficient at creating a unique sound since Svartsyn's Timeless Reign came out in 2007. I think fans of Moonsorrow will dig this band!

Edit: @Rasluka nice to see another black metaller here :) Urfaust is one of my favourite "contemporary" BM bands.

The only thing I can think of when I hear of black metal is Mayhem and everything around that unfortunately.

By the way I liked the instrumental parts of that song. The singing did sound like a Icelandic.

21 hours ago, SaturnOOO said:

I think fans of Moonsorrow will dig this band!

That sentence made me click on the video. I haven't listened to any other of their tracks yet to see if they are in a similar style, but this one does remind me of Moonsorrow... just shorter :D 

3 hours ago, Piotrek said:

That sentence made me click on the video. I haven't listened to any other of their tracks yet to see if they are in a similar style, but this one does remind me of Moonsorrow... just shorter :D 

I find them totally Moonsorrow -esque but with more black metal/proto black influences! I'm really digging them :) 

8 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

The only thing I can think of when I hear of black metal is Mayhem and everything around that unfortunately.

By the way I liked the instrumental parts of that song. The singing did sound like a Icelandic.

It's nice eh? I find they do a good job with incorporating unexpected melodies and solos.

The whole early Norwegian BM saga always seemed so like all BM imagery to me; part of the mythology. It was only when I was older that I realized a. It wasn't that long ago (things always seem so distant when you're young) and b. These were barely more than troubled, mentally ill kids. It makes it so much more tragic all around as opposed to just "crazy ridiculous black metaller doing crazy effed up things."

• Like 1
6 hours ago, SaturnOOO said:

The whole early Norwegian BM saga always seemed so like all BM imagery to me; part of the mythology. It was only when I was older that I realized a. It wasn't that long ago (things always seem so distant when you're young) and b. These were barely more than troubled, mentally ill kids. It makes it so much more tragic all around as opposed to just "crazy ridiculous black metaller doing crazy effed up things."

I have listen to a pod about the whole story, including a interview with Pelles younger Brother. When he lived in Sweden he was more happy but when he moved to Norway something happened. I guess he got more room to live out he ideas.

Spoiler

I feel like people have already posted this -cue I have already lmao orz-

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Karret said:
  Hide contents

HAHAH YES, this song is great. They even included a short snippet from some stupid shit that happened in one of our supermarkets here where people got in a fight over toilet paper

1 minute ago, Una Salus Victus said:

HAHAH YES, this song is great. They even included a short snippet from some stupid shit that happened in one of our supermarkets here where people got in a fight over toilet paper

Yeah! I really like the whole album! Solid stuff.

Oh shit! The infamy! XD Forever to be remembered in this video. lol

1 minute ago, Karret said:

Yeah! I really like the whole album! Solid stuff.

Oh shit! The infamy! XD Forever to be remembered in this video. lol

HA yes, the video was quite well done :P

1 minute ago, Una Salus Victus said:

HA yes, the video was quite well done :P

Yeeess~ I laughed when I first saw it. I like that they worked on this song for months before COVID even started being a problem, and then it hit the world and they just rolled with it. I wonder if they were planning on making it a single the whole time, or if the 'Rona happening got them thinking about using that song. XDa

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Karret said:

Yeeess~ I laughed when I first saw it. I like that they worked on this song for months before COVID even started being a problem, and then it hit the world and they just rolled with it. I wonder if they were planning on making it a single the whole time, or if the 'Rona happening got them thinking about using that song. XDa

Seems like a great happy accident

24 minutes ago, Una Salus Victus said:

Seems like a great happy accident

Yup! Worked out perfectly for them! XD More power to 'em.

I just found these guys:

Spoiler

On 8/20/2020 at 3:45 AM, Karret said:
  Reveal hidden contents

😂

• Like 1

I have complete fallen far Parkway Drive lately. I just love the guitar rifs.

@SaturnOOO I do believe I have found a home... my mom put Ozzy, Metallica, Sabbath, etc while I was in the womb. To this day, any particularly powerful piece of metal (genre matters little) is either a lullaby or makes my soul go supernova. In the infamous words of Ronny James Dio, "metal will never die".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_WMHg8c_4I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hirlhNcVa4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UeMVfHN2P8

tumblr_n4uq4rdRk61s7ujplo1_500.gif

• Like 3
On 8/26/2020 at 12:34 AM, buzzsaw133 said:

@SaturnOOO I do believe I have found a home... my mom put Ozzy, Metallica, Sabbath, etc while I was in the womb. To this day, any particularly powerful piece of metal (genre matters little) is either a lullaby or makes my soul go supernova. In the infamous words of Ronny James Dio, "metal will never die".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_WMHg8c_4I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hirlhNcVa4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UeMVfHN2P8

tumblr_n4uq4rdRk61s7ujplo1_500.gif

Yeah! Welcome Buzzsaw!

ETA: your mum deserves horns too clearly \m/

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

"It was metal! Heavy metal!" I really like her vocals!

From me Bestia Arcana. I imagine that may be something for people who enjoy stuff like Emperor.

Spoiler

Twisted Tempest

Gonna drop this here. Hope you all enjoy. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Changed my icon to the original Paracletus colour scheme for Halloween so I figured I'd post something from the album. 😁

PorcupineOfDoom
15 hours ago, DarthMarth said:

Anyone for an 83-minute funeral doom metal song?

Bell Witch - Mirror Reaper

Loved that song/album, it was one of my favourites from 2017 although it was a really strong year all around for metal.

One of the albums that pips it for me is Kaunis Kuolematon's Vapaus, and they've got a new album arriving in November which I'm super hyped for.

• Like 1

Just wanted to introduce myself in the thread, I guess - big metalhead through and through. I totally would identify myself if I were to post my Spotify playlists, but I have about 60 of them. Mostly am big on progressive metal and stuff like doom, melodeath, tech death, atmoblack, and anything that's fun to listen to. 

I have 4 battle vests which I lovingly rotate, and I am missing going to live shows SO so so so much. :(

• Like 2

@QuoVadis

Hello, and please do post some of your favourites :) 

From me, Epica's latest single. 

Spoiler

• Like 1