The Metalhead Fortress

SaturnOOO

Skipper Valvoline

Trying to get into the band "In This Moment" after I heard their We Will Rock You cover, and I enjoy the eeriness of 'The In-Between'. Any song recommendations for them?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
BlakeTheNightowl~
On 5/6/2020 at 6:50 PM, Skipper Valvoline said:

Trying to get into the band "In This Moment" after I heard their We Will Rock You cover, and I enjoy the eeriness of 'The In-Between'. Any song recommendations for them?

Whore adrenalize blood big bad wolf 

• Like 2
Skipper Valvoline
22 hours ago, BlakeTheNightowl~ said:

Whore adrenalize blood big bad wolf 

Thanks!

• Like 1
BlakeTheNightowl~
1 hour ago, Skipper Valvoline said:

Thanks!

Anytime~!

On 5/6/2020 at 9:50 PM, Skipper Valvoline said:

i saw them live! i also recommend Whore, Blood, Adrenalize, and would like to add Sick Like Me, Sex Metal Barbie, and Black Widow! :)

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

Some metal music that was supposedly recorded for lolz:

J. van Deijck
3 hours ago, Mackenzie Holiday said:

How have I never noticed this thread until now? 🤘

I don't know, but for some reason this and k-pop are the only music threads that are pinned :lol:

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

2 hours ago, Jelle van der Lee said:

I don't know, but for some reason this and k-pop are the only music threads that are pinned :lol:

Well this is the good thing about me being a metal head and mod for this forum. I get to pun threads like this :D

• Like 1
GeniusWithWings

Hi everyone. I'm starting out producing my first metal inspired alternative rock album.  I write music on mental health and concepts of oneself. I always really liked metal due to the fullness in sound and it's ability to explore tougher emotions. I was wondering if anybody had any tips for what to add to my music to give it that metal kick, whether that be a unique instrument choice, or software recommendations, or a video on how to do a good scream. 

• Like 1
InfamousLeather

Now this is a thread I could get used to! What's up guys and gals? I've been throwing up the horns (and often just throwing up) for the last 20 years 😅

Also, Genius with wings... a good metal roar comes from the belly, not the throat... that's all I know, I can't do it 😁

• Like 1
isnotajoke

Since The Way It Ends came out yesterday

7 hours ago, GeniusWithWings said:

Hi everyone. I'm starting out producing my first metal inspired alternative rock album.  I write music on mental health and concepts of oneself. I always really liked metal due to the fullness in sound and it's ability to explore tougher emotions. I was wondering if anybody had any tips for what to add to my music to give it that metal kick, whether that be a unique instrument choice, or software recommendations, or a video on how to do a good scream. 

One thing, you don't have to have screams or growls, but its your choice of course.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Jelle van der Lee said:

That's an interesting selection of genres to pin, but this works out for me! I'm sure the "What Are You Listening To / Post A Song" thread will appreciate that I now have somewhere else to post all the shouty music I listen to. :D

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
On 6/7/2020 at 4:35 PM, Mackenzie Holiday said:

That's an interesting selection of genres to pin, but this works out for me! I'm sure the "What Are You Listening To / Post A Song" thread will appreciate that I now have somewhere else to post all the shouty music I listen to. :D

Actually, i love that other thread for its variety, so please keep posting there, too :D

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

J. van Deijck

I think At The Gates is one of the few bands that haven't changed their musical style over the years. Their album from 2014 sounds exactly like that one from 1995.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Found those guys today:

Spoiler

Although, as someone rightfully said in the comment section, this one doesn't really represent this album too well, as all the other songs are either sung entirely in clean vocal or feature a mix of clean and growling.

This sounds more respresentative:

Spoiler

• Like 4

This just makes me happy

Spoiler

• Like 2