The Metalhead Fortress

SaturnOOO

1 hour ago, Una Salus Victus said:

they've got some great bands signed, so that'd be good

Yeah the first one was pretty awesome. There were some "eh" moments, but I guess that's probably how everyone felt at some point, given the variety of metal they played, so yeh.

10 minutes ago, Karret said:

Yeah the first one was pretty awesome. There were some "eh" moments, but I guess that's probably how everyone felt at some point, given the variety of metal they played, so yeh.

Well yeah, there's that much stuff floating around, and we've all got our tastes.

19 minutes ago, Una Salus Victus said:

Well yeah, there's that much stuff floating around, and we've all got our tastes.

Yep for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how to link vid here, but I'll tell you I'm listening to Nostalgia, from Fragments of A Broken Past, by Nocturnal Depression. It's been one of my favorites for several years. Its so dark and tranquil I could just die.

@Rasluka

Just copy a YT link and post here. You may use the "spoiler" tag (the eyeball just above the message box) and place the link inside to make the page easier to load for those of us with slower INternet connection,

from me a folk song in a metal version:

Spoiler

• Like 1
Skipper Valvoline

Don't know if anyone has heard of Bloodywood; they're an Indian Folk Metal band with really positive messages in their songs. They just released Yaad: about losing a loved one (a pet) which is still super emotionally powerful. I recommend checking them out!

Also check out Jee Veerey; it really brought them to a lot of people's attention due to being about suicide prevention.

Skipper Valvoline

I don't know why it's taken me so long to hop into this thread. Some of my favorite metal bands are Within Temptation, Nightwish, Delain, Kamelot, Bloodywood, the Hu (if you count Hunnu Rock as metal) Wardruna, and Heilung. (I seem to be in Symphonic Metal and Viking circles a lot). Still can't wait for the Worlds Collide tour with Evanescence and Within Temptation!! September, folks!!

• Like 1

@Skipper Valvoline

I've discovered Jee Veerey on New Year's Eve. Glad to see other people liking this band. 

Btw, your list of favourite bands sounds very close to @GreyWizard's :) 

And yeah, symphonic and viking are also my favourite subgenres :) Be sure to check out Heidevolk for metal about Germanic peoples.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
isnotajoke

Yay metalheads!

I lucked out and saw an Opeth show a week before everything closed here. Have been on an on-again off-again Opeth kick since then.

Spoiler

My tastes are all over the place, but I've been digging Allegaeon, Deafhaven, Panopticon, and Isis a lot lately.

• Like 1
BlakeTheNightowl~

hell yeeyee 

BlakeTheNightowl~

i would die for my best friends ~! 

BlakeTheNightowl~
4 minutes ago, Rasluka said:

aye i'm in bc to ^-^ 

BlakeTheNightowl~
Just now, Rasluka said:

BC = best

yaa what part ?(: