The Metalhead Fortress

SaturnOOO

I've just heard this morning that apparently the Australian rugby team train to very loud ACDC to mimic stadium din, which I think is a good choice of training music!

I'm a big rock music fan myself, my favourite long term band being Rammstein, though I do prefer their earlier stuff like the Herzeleid album to their latest and much more likely to listen to Emigrate nowadays.

• Like 1

I think that my friends from the Metalhead Fortress will be proud of me. I went to see Godsmack and Halestorm last night along with another band called Monster Truck. That was an amazing experience for me. I truly didn't expect to cry twice at a show like that. Lzzy Hale sang The Silence during Halestorm's set. Sully Erna sat down at a piano to perform Under Your Scars later on during Godsmack's half of the show. If anyone hasn't heard either of those songs then please consider listening to them. I also encourage anyone who is interested to look up the Scars Foundation that Sully has been promoting. 

thequietplace

Just seen John Wick 1, kinda in love with the soundtrack - esp this MM song - not heard that much of what he's been up to lately...i like this

'Killing strangers'

thequietplace
On 9/26/2019 at 12:35 PM, Tzeentch, Changer of Ways said:

I think that my friends from the Metalhead Fortress will be proud of me. I went to see Godsmack and Halestorm last night along with another band called Monster Truck. That was an amazing experience for me. I truly didn't expect to cry twice at a show like that. Lzzy Hale sang The Silence during Halestorm's set. Sully Erna sat down at a piano to perform Under Your Scars later on during Godsmack's half of the show. If anyone hasn't heard either of those songs then please consider listening to them. I also encourage anyone who is interested to look up the Scars Foundation that Sully has been promoting. 

Well done :) Glad you had a good time. Under your scars is a good song, lovely performance of this at donnington...this year, I think?

• 4 weeks later...

I've found these guys recently when I mistakenly clicked on a song link, thinking it's a different band.

Spoiler

It sucks that most of the time I only find new bands by accident like that...

• 3 weeks later...

@Una Salus Victus

I don't recall hearing this band ever before. Thanks for sharing :) 

Here's something from me:

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...
J. van Deijck

here's a tiny bit of Belgian metal for you all.

just so you know: this song has a long intro. 😪

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
On 9/26/2019 at 1:35 PM, Tzeentch, Changer of Ways said:

Lzzy Hale

I must admit I'm really interested in how is her name actually pronounced 🤔

Tagging @Jelle van der Lee as this Illidiance track (and the video) may be right up his alley :) I liked it too, just like I did "Lead Wings" (defnitely going to listen to it some more)

@Una Salus Victus 

From me one of my Therion favourites, which I had an opportunity to hear live:

Spoiler

Ha, came across this earlier and it seemed rather amusing

Another thing I've come across, a fok metal band from Russia. I don't mind it actually:

• Like 1

Huh, I was sorta half wondering the other day what My Apocalypse would sound with Alissa singing it. I've been putting the original on a fair bit lately.

• Like 1

OK, fellow denizens of the Metal Fortress, as the year is drawing to a close, tell your fellow tribe members what was your metal discovery/experiece/event of 2019?

For me it was probably the whole oriental/Asian metal thing, especially Nine Treasures, but also Black Kirin, Tengger Cavalry, et al.

The previously-unknown album that I kept coming back to (other than the ones by the above bands) would be "1755" by Moonspell (and, yes, I know it wasn't recorded in 2019).

I'll post more if I come up with something substantive

I can't even remember what I did and didn't find this year, it's a blur as always. Perhaps Rivers of Nihil, since they were playing with Beyond Creation and Ne Obliviscaris when I saw them earlier this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Alyssa's clean vocal in AE, for a change:

Spoiler

Do you know of any other songs where she uses it?

EDIT: OK, I'm off to listen to some Agonist.

1 hour ago, Piotrek said:

Alyssa's clean vocal in AE, for a change:

Reveal hidden contents

Do you know of any other songs where she uses it?

EDIT: OK, I'm off to listen to some Agonist.

Yeah, other than that one AE song, I don't think I've heard her use cleans since she left The Agonist.

I found this song yesterday. I doesn't help that I'm only familiar with 2 of their albums and selected 3 or 4 songs from other ones.

Spoiler

I've just found this instrumental project involving one of AE members. That's my favourite track so far:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

I would put like to all your comments, people haha thanks for sharing. My favourite genre is Black Metal. I would love Finnish-like Black Metal, if (all?) the most bands weren't fascist activists. I'll let on spoiler one of my favourite bands: Tiffo from Brazil. 

Spoiler

Welcome to the fortress, @flacomedicen Make yourself comfortable, grab headphones and metal on :D 

As for what you said about the Finnish black metal musicians, I don't really look into backgrounds of the bands I listen to, but yeah, that would make me uncomfortable too.

A suggestion from me:

Spoiler

• Like 1

@Una Salus Victus 

They're my favourite! Discovered Arkona in 2011 and made a lot of friends thanks to them. Haven't seen them live yet though, I'm not really a concert goer. 

That being said (and since I'm kinda new here), folk and power metal are probably my favourites, but I no longer care about subgenres much. 😁 When I'm not lazy I check out random bands, from black to symphonic metal... Gotta admit I prefer slower and more melodic stuff though (doom-ish).

And post-rock / post-metal piqued my interest some time ago, especially those smaller indie bands. 

• Like 1

@GreyWizard

Welcome to the Fortress :) 

Can you list some of your favourite bands? Also, good on you for not caring much about subgenres. 

Asian Folk metal from me:

Spoiler

• Like 1