The Metalhead Fortress

SaturnOOO

mangakamaiden

My favourite band is Iron Maiden. I support my local metal scene and I also promote gigs and do music photography. We have M2TM in Hitchin, which is pretty cool, but I now have to plan my gigs around it so it don't clash and people will show up. We just this week had Doyle perform, that was pretty epic.

My fav subgenres of metal is classic, power, celtic

• Like 3
On 7/6/2018 at 2:51 PM, Amnesiac said:

I see your Mighty Ravendark and raise you a Blashyrkh! 

On 7/8/2018 at 6:34 PM, mangakamaiden said:

My favourite band is Iron Maiden. I support my local metal scene and I also promote gigs and do music photography. We have M2TM in Hitchin, which is pretty cool, but I now have to plan my gigs around it so it don't clash and people will show up. We just this week had Doyle perform, that was pretty epic.

My fav subgenres of metal is classic, power, celtic

Welcome to the Fortress Mangakamaiden! Good for you for keeping the scene in your area alive!

Anyone here going to Wacken by any chance? :D

On 7/13/2018 at 5:40 PM, Feyre said:

Anyone here going to Wacken by any chance? :D

I think my days of traveling for a huge music festival are behind me... Would have been a dream when I was younger! You going?

6 hours ago, SaturnOOO said:

I think my days of traveling for a huge music festival are behind me... Would have been a dream when I was younger! You going?

Well, I don't know, I think it's never too late to realize dreams if possible ^^

Yes, first time I'm going there, should be interesting, I am particularly excited even if I prefer smaller festivals as well :)

1 hour ago, Feyre said:

Well, I don't know, I think it's never too late to realize dreams if possible ^^

Yes, first time I'm going there, should be interesting, I am particularly excited even if I prefer smaller festivals as well :)

Nice! I just find my tolerance for huge crowds (never very high to begin with) gets lower and lower the older I get!

• Like 1
Spoiler

Katatonia's excellent 1992 demo tape

Spoiler

Spoiler

My mental state lately

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Palovana said:

Hide contents

I don't understand a word so I can't tell if it's a cover/remake of THIS or not :D

On 5/30/2018 at 12:23 AM, Peinture Paix said:

I have never heard of this band, but those are some fucking brutal vocals. Such atmosphere. 

9 minutes ago, Piotrek said:

I don't understand a word so I can't tell if it's a cover/remake of THIS or not :D

Lol not that I'm aware of. 

• Like 2

@Palovana

That's a very specific title for two artists/bands to come up with independently. (Although I also saw the Nargaroth title rendered simply as "Seven Tears").

I'm listening to Mgła's song right now. I should listen to more Polish metal music, I guess :)

I've recently started spinning the early Theatre of Tragedy releases. So much goodness :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Speaking of music events, I've just discovered that a well-known concert club 15 minutes' walking distance away from me, closed down back in 2016. I guess it show how little attention I pay to live events right now.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Not the heaviest of metals, but I've been getting back into In This Moment and Asking Alexandria lately! Saw them both live too; ITM was phenomenal, and Danny seemed to avoid singing higher-pitched notes, which was sad.

Also, anyone got recommendations for female fronted bands that aren't Nightwish, Within Temptation, Epica, and so on? For some reason I tend to really like lesser-known bands  😁

I keep forgetting that Troldhaugen is a band that exists, and every time I rediscover them, I get so happy... 

older song: 

newer song:  

Welcome @_wt :)  @Piotrek has quite a few female fronted melodic bands in his collection! 

@_wt

Check out Ancient Bards.

Spoiler

Or, from my home country of Poland, Darzamat (duo of male and female vocals, and definitely not operatic, but you may still enjoy it)

Spoiler

Another one from Poland, this time with classical vocals (no longer active)

Spoiler

The Sins of Thy Beloved (sadly no longer active)

Spoiler

• Like 2

@_wt

Come back and tell me/us which ones you liked and I may be able to dig up some more :D

I've recently found the latest Judas Priest album on Spotify and I'd like to share some songs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 1

Fluffy Femme Guy

Tfw you find an overlooked great track on an album.

Spoiler

• Like 1

I stumbled upon this athmospheric black metal find a few hours ago:

Spoiler

• Like 1
Fluffy Femme Guy

• Like 1

I have a lot of music to add to my Spotify now... I've actually been on an instrumental rock kick lately, though, so don't have any metal to add.

Fluffy Femme Guy

• Like 2
Fluffy Femme Guy

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...