The Metalhead Fortress

SaturnOOO

4 hours ago, MaybeIBelongSomewhere said:

@Amnesiac sup :ph34r: lol back in my prime I was addicted to this need for speed game and till this day this song is my favorite from any video game I’ve ever come across (including tony hawk games 🤭👀):

I remember playing Staic X's Wisconsin Death Trip CD for a friend (more of a hair metal fan). He said something like, "WTF are you up to?" LOL

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, will123 said:

I remember playing Staic X's Wisconsin Death Trip CD for a friend (more of a hair metal fan). He said something like, "WTF are you up to?" LOL

*fist bumps*

😂 this made me laugh a ton as I think I relate- my siblings aren’t very open to different kinds of music & they felt the same way about this song when I played it too much. 

Once in like 9th grade? I remember I listened to this too loudly & my mom asked if I was anti christ and tried to call a pastor: 

since then I only listen to music with my headphones on 👀:ph34r:

• Like 2

I may have already posted this, but it won't hurt to hear it again :)

Spoiler

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Amnesiac said:

Chills 

such a beautiful song and video to match

much respect to the music God Amnesiac 

• Like 1

I've had a Last.fm account since early 2007. In those years I've found some interesting bands and songs. Here are some random examples:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
Silk Bones

For Summoning fans:

Spoiler

Nearly a year after its release, it's still my go to heavy record. I know it's more Hardcore but I feel this is the only area it would get appreciation on this site :P 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been ignoring this thread lately. I find it depresses me going through unfamiliar music when I'm in school; I can't give it the time I want to so I just fall back on old favourites. But it gets me in a rut. 

@Una Salus Victus Aetherian are so Greek. I love it. Rotting Christ influences obvious, in a good way. 

On 4/14/2018 at 4:50 PM, MaybeIBelongSomewhere said:

Damn 🤧😍 that melody? Especially from

0:00-0:20

2:30-3:34

4:28-5:23

6:00- end 🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧💚💚💚

dammmmmmnnnnn that kicked me in the chest 🤧🤧🤧 beauty 

watch you just watch I shall learn guitar 💡🧐 & drums 👀😋

This entire album never gets old. Listen! You will not regret! 

• Like 2
On 2/25/2018 at 12:39 PM, Piotrek said:

After almost a year, here comes another Appalachian WInter-themed post just to remind people how awesome this project is :D If you're into Summoning and Moonsorrow, check it out!

Catching up. I have a feeling this is gonna be really good study music. Gonna try it for the next while. 

On 3/17/2018 at 2:13 PM, Piotrek said:

TrollHamaren is one of very few songs by Finntroll that I've heard, but if the rest in the same style I'll have to take a look.

Really? This is so shocking to me. I assumed you'd be all over Finntroll. 

@Amnesiac Cult Leader 👍👍👌 I like. Very much. Thanks.

@Vlakorados I like the Nekhen you posted. Have you heard Karl Sanders's Saurian Meditation? 

@StupidDream Hiya!

I am spamming this thread, yes. But it is my thread. 

Oops, one more to respond to. @Amnesiac the Dark Funeral you posted jogged my memory. I had to look it up and indeed this song was released in 2016. So why was I certain that it was on the honourable mentions list for my "ridiculous song titles" episode of my radio show in, like, 2006? 

Oh, right. Gorgoroth. Unchain my Heart!!! (yes, with the exclamation marks.) Now that I look back on it, I'm  actually impressed that I put together an entire show's worth of EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS titles. 

15 hours ago, SaturnOOO said:

Really? This is so shocking to me. I assumed you'd be all over Finntroll. 

@Amnesiac Cult Leader 👍👍👌 I like. Very much. Thanks.

@Vlakorados I like the Nekhen you posted. Have you heard Karl Sanders's Saurian Meditation? 

@StupidDream Hiya!

I am spamming this thread, yes. But it is my thread. 

They’re recording a new record next month too, according to their Instagram! 

Also yeah, I’ve noticed that with black metal in general though, very cheesy at times! I’m digging it more lately though, it’s definitelt getting there as my taste evolves!

I've recently come across Melechesh. I listened to a few random tracks, but it's not what I expected. The descriptions I read said something about folk instruments, but I never heard it. Do you guys know of any of their songs with folk elements?

Here's a single by them for the curious

Spoiler

@Amnesiac I wondered about that as the song you postied isn't on the album I've been listening to today and there doesn't seem to be an EP or anything... I like their style a lot. It's a flattering combination of rawness, technicality, sometimes understated intensity, and headbangable chugging. :D

Oh and yeah, there's definitely a baseline level of characteristic cheeriness, but then there are those that just take it to the next level. And that one is just so out of the blue random ridiculous.

^Black metal cheesiness. Damn I hope the editing function gets fixed soon!

On 5/26/2018 at 8:21 PM, SaturnOOO said:

@Amnesiac I wondered about that as the song you postied isn't on the album I've been listening to today and there doesn't seem to be an EP or anything... I like their style a lot. It's a flattering combination of rawness, technicality, sometimes understated intensity, and headbangable chugging. :D

Oh and yeah, there's definitely a baseline level of characteristic cheeriness, but then there are those that just take it to the next level. And that one is just so out of the blue random ridiculous.

It's from the Nothing For Us Here EP back in 2014, although I do prefer the live performance of it from that video more. Sounds sludgier than on record and I like that. A lot.  They remind me a lot of No Heroes era Converge, which is pretty much you summation 😁

1 hour ago, Amnesiac said:

Sounds sludgier than on record and I like that. A lot.  

Oh definitely! The sludginess of it is what I like best. 😁

• Like 1
Silk Bones