Told my best friend im in love with her

Burek25

Not sure if i picked the right category, but i just signed up so im new here. About 4 years ago i told my best friend that im in love with her, she rejected me and i took it preety badly, so badly infact that it drove us apart for some time. During those 4 years i found out i am asexual, but i thought that  i just dont experience sexual attraction, but i get uncomfortable when i sense someone trying to get sexual with me. I watched a video on youtube about a popular female youtuber answering common questions about asexuality and it was like she described me. I realized after watching that video that i drove me and my best friend apart by forcing something that neither of us was comfortable with. She doesnt know im asexual and i dont know how to even tell her that, i want to tell her im sorry for what i did, that i ruined a wonderfull friendship, and tell her that im asexual, but i dont think she will find it convincing that i want to be friends with her again, because when i told my friends i am asexual that just couldnt understand what asexuality is and i fear she will think i want to be more than friends with her and that being asexual is just an excuse to get close to her. Im sorry that this post is long. Does anyone have any similar experiences?

I was in similar situation like you but I confess to my friend  once and he rejected me but next time he acepted me 

and after week or two he broke up with me. I was so angry and frustrated and I don't want to talk or see him anymore. After 3 months I met him again and at that time I know that we never be friends again. At that time I didn't know that I'm demisexual person and even if know about this in that time nothing will be change in my opinion. 

In the other hand I confess to my friend who I konw for almost twenty years. He rejected me because he valued much more friendship with that being in relationship with me.I know for sure that if this didn't work well for him and he will broke up with me I wil be so angry  and our friendship will be over. At that time i was so pissed at him and I thought he is coward but I'm sure that this was good decision and I'm glad that our friendship didn't end that day. 

Archived