AVENues March/April 2017!!

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

Hello aces!

AVENues March/April 2017 is now ready for your viewing pleasure! This issue is on a/romanticism. We have an article on the history of romance, an article on questioning aromantic or panromantic, and aros singing love songs. As always, we have lots of ace artwork, an asexy puzzle, and an interview on an AVEN member. Enjoy!

AVENues March/April 2017 - A/romanticism

>> High quality

>> Low quality

See our other issues here.

Our staff:

Editor-in-chief: ciri

Layout editor: scarletlatitude

Co-editors: Ashen, Aqua-Ace, Blue Ice-Tea, Snow Cone

Creative team: SkyWorld, kelico

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you know that World Pride is happening in Madrid in June 2017? To get ready for our Pride special, we want to hear all of your ace connections!

Do you know other asexuals? Do you meet up? What have you learned from meeting with other asexuals? Or if it is too difficult, how could it be easier to meet other aces? If you connect with other asexuals, we want to hear about it!

Send us your thoughts here: https://goo.gl/forms/hWYnHxOqHCVOb1323

Remember, we are always looking for articles and artwork to add to AVENues!

scarletlatitude

Eeeekkk, excuse my brain, I put the wrong month. >.< I fixed it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great edition. I particularly enjoyed Blue Iced Tea's piece on 'The History of Romance'. To me this shows that romance is a social construct, whereas (as far as I can tell) sex and love seem more intrinsic to human nature.

I have a question - Blue Iced Tea's article refers to 'Platonic Romance'. Is being open to/having habit of falling in (queer)platonic love a type of romance and romantic orientation? I'm trying to figure this out as I've had an awful and confusing habit of falling in queerplatonic love with people but not being romantic enough (ie. can't initiate cuddling, hand-holding, say I love you) and also being really uncomfortable with physical intimacy and some forms of emotional intimacy. I'm trying to work out if I'm aromantic or whether there's another word that covers someone who falls in queerplatonic love only. I did consider quoiromantic, but I'm now pretty clear of the distinctions between queerplatonic and romantic love, so don't think this fits.

scarletlatitude

@Blue Ice-Tea ^^^ 

Remember that we want to hear about all of your ace meetups! If you are going to a meetup, let us know! 

Blue Ice-Tea

@Lorna81  Wow!  Sorry; I didn't notice your comment before.

I'm afraid I don't have a good answer to your question.  There seem to be many different romantic orientations - or, perhaps "orientations" is the wrong word.  "Qualities"?  "Styles"?  "Flavours"?  The point is that some people want traditional romantic relationships, some prefer to avoid all the romantic stuff, and some want something else.  Maybe your romantic "style" is to be "queerplatonic" or "platoniromantic".  Or, maybe there's no word yet to describe your personal style.  In that case, I totally support you coming up with your own label.  But I support even more you being who you are and loving people in your own style without getting hung up on labels.  :)

Anyway, glad you liked the article!

19 hours ago, Blue Ice-Tea said:

@Lorna81  Wow!  Sorry; I didn't notice your comment before.

I'm afraid I don't have a good answer to your question.  There seem to be many different romantic orientations - or, perhaps "orientations" is the wrong word.  "Qualities"?  "Styles"?  "Flavours"?  The point is that some people want traditional romantic relationships, some prefer to avoid all the romantic stuff, and some want something else.  Maybe your romantic "style" is to be "queerplatonic" or "platoniromantic".  Or, maybe there's no word yet to describe your personal style.  In that case, I totally support you coming up with your own label.  But I support even more you being who you are and loving people in your own style without getting hung up on labels.  :)

Anyway, glad you liked the article!

Thanks for replying. I didn't know that the term platoniromantic existed! I'd settled for aromantic as I didn't think platonic romance was considered to be a 'proper' form of romance. But, yes, I think platoniromantic fits :)