a gender positive thread

butterflydreams

We have a trans group on our college campus that meets Fridays and it is such a lovely time. A little boost of happy right at the end of the week. Today we didn't even talk about trans stuff we just talked about literally anything. It's so nice to have a little bit of trans in my week and comforting that there is a place to go to. Just feeling so happy with it all

• Like 11
17 hours ago, cadebabade said:

We have a trans group on our college campus that meets Fridays and it is such a lovely time. A little boost of happy right at the end of the week. Today we didn't even talk about trans stuff we just talked about literally anything. It's so nice to have a little bit of trans in my week and comforting that there is a place to go to. Just feeling so happy with it all

That's so nice to hear! Last year I actually did start going to some biweekly trans group meetings in my town, and it was much like you describe yours, talking about anything ^^ have been a break now over the new year and all, but I look forward to them starting up again ☺️

• Like 6

Yesterday I dressed as en-femme as I could since, I had the place to myself for a while. I spent the rest of that day euphoric and relaxed. 

• Like 12
5 minutes ago, AcedTea87 said:

Yesterday I dressed as en-femme as I could since, I had the place to myself for a while. I spent the rest of that day euphoric and relaxed. 

Nice :D 

(it's one reason I love having my own home, not shared with anyone)

• Like 6
  • 3 weeks later...
Lysandre, the Star-Crossed

Ah yes...the three genders. This made me smile the other day, sometimes the best gender euphoria comes from memes.

Screenshot-20230209-210141.png

• Like 5
Purple Red Panda

I've been think about it for a while but today I've finally started telling people I'd prefer to be known as Bobbie rather than Bob. Bobbie is much more gender neutral.

• Like 10
rainbowocollie

Think I wanna try emphasizing they/them pronouns for myself more

• Like 6

i tried to use the mens bathroom for the first time and nobody gave a shit so i think i passed; earlier today when i boarded the school bus a boy asked to sit next to me and theres a trend that boys tend to request sitting beside another boy and not girls so im slightly euphoric at the possibility that he mightve thought im a boy and is comfortable enough to request to sit next to me. its probably not the case and he just do see any more free seats but he didnt ask the girls sitting before me who also had free seats so who tf knows! 

• Like 6
On 1/20/2023 at 7:14 PM, cadebabade said:

That’s kind of what AVEN is for me, since I’ve yet to find a queer safe space irl. Even if it’s not a trans-specific site, there’s a lot of trans people here and this is probably one of the least transphobic corners of the internet. (Thank you, fellow Avenites!)

• Like 7
nickolekuebler
On 2/19/2023 at 7:06 PM, Skylord said:

That’s kind of what AVEN is for me, since I’ve yet to find a queer safe space irl. Even if it’s not a trans-specific site, there’s a lot of trans people here and this is probably one of the least transphobic corners of the internet. (Thank you, fellow Avenites!)

I don't know where you live but I found a queer hockey league here where I live and that has been an amazing support group. I don't know if you like sports at all but that is an option. I do know that boston, st louis, and madison all have trans only hockey teams, I have a friend that played with team trans for a tournament last year and she said it was super amazing and that everyone there was really great. 

• Like 5

It's nice being in a position where I can tailor my own clothes again. I've been wearing a lot of baggy men's clothes over the past year because that's about all that feels comfortable/is functional without me having to make any alterations most of the time. But now that I've got my sewing machine and some thread, I can adjust my clothes as needed and wear whatever I want!

Some projects that I've either started on or am planning to start soon:

• Add pockets to every skirt in my possession (because there's no excuse for any skirt not to have pockets imo)
  • Take an ankle-length skirt and make "palazoo pants" (I made a practice pair not long ago; it turned out OK, but now I'd like to make a nice pair for myself)
  • Take some men's cargo shorts and make a "utility kilt" (comfy, practical, and manly!)
  • Make some bell-bottom pants (stylish, androgynous retro fashion ftw)
  • Like 7
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally broke down and ordered some clothes to try in a less charged setting: tunic shirt, leggings, long cardigan. Therapist appointment tomorrow morning. Have been talking about gender openly and regularly with my partner over the last couple weeks. 

This is a wild feeling.

• Like 10
nickolekuebler

@TetusI'm so happy for you, all the best!!! 

• Like 6

I picked up a really nice black sweater at the thrift store yesterday, to replace my old one that got accidentally donated. I feel like black sweaters are one of the best anti-dysphoric clothing pieces for me. It’s slimming, without drawing attention to my breast size or anything. Plus sweaters are comfy and soft. 

• Like 6
quadfasciata

I liked a photo of myself for the first time in months. That's a feeling.

It's so incredibly empowering giving up on what other people think of you.

• Like 6

Last weekend, I was at a conference with the animal rights group that I volunteer with. It was my first time being fully 'out' in any kind of 'bigger' situation, and my first time wearing feminine clothing outside of home (my lavender purple linen skirt, eggplant purple wrap-around top; as well as light blue cardigan and pink linen scarf)... even on the day and despite having brought everything with me, I still hesitated to actually wear it (I had a pair of still very nice green corduroy pants, and my 'chicken hug' t-shirt, which I used on the travel days), but I managed to summon up the... courage(?) to do it... I'm glad I did; it was such an incredible feeling, all of it, just being able to be myself, and hear and see my chosen name, and be wearing clothes that I love, constantly...

It was just such a supportive and accepting environment/atmosphere... and I was deeply moved so many times. There were some people (long term volunteers, and some of the staff) who I had met in-person before, but not since coming out, and who I hadn't even messaged with personally digitally... but they all knew, and it was just so... touching, at the same time as it felt so, natural, and something "obvious"/matter-of-fact, in the way they just said like, "nice to see you again" and used my new name... they're really such wonderful people 💜

• Like 11

That's awesome, @nazokashii! Your outfit (and the colors) sound great. There is something in my eyes after reading your post. :D 

• Like 7
4 hours ago, nazokashii said:

Last weekend, I was at a conference with the animal rights group that I volunteer with. It was my first time being fully 'out' in any kind of 'bigger' situation, and my first time wearing feminine clothing outside of home (my lavender purple linen skirt, eggplant purple wrap-around top; as well as light blue cardigan and pink linen scarf)... even on the day and despite having brought everything with me, I still hesitated to actually wear it (I had a pair of still very nice green corduroy pants, and my 'chicken hug' t-shirt, which I used on the travel days), but I managed to summon up the... courage(?) to do it... I'm glad I did; it was such an incredible feeling, all of it, just being able to be myself, and hear and see my chosen name, and be wearing clothes that I love, constantly...

It was just such a supportive and accepting environment/atmosphere... and I was deeply moved so many times. There were some people (long term volunteers, and some of the staff) who I had met in-person before, but not since coming out, and who I hadn't even messaged with personally digitally... but they all knew, and it was just so... touching, at the same time as it felt so, natural, and something "obvious"/matter-of-fact, in the way they just said like, "nice to see you again" and used my new name... they're really such wonderful people 💜

I agree with @daveb , not only is great to hear that everyone was kind and supportive, but by your description, your outfit sounds very nice looking! 

• Like 5
nickolekuebler
9 hours ago, nazokashii said:

Soooo happy for you!!! I hope you get to do it again very soon!!! 

• Like 5

gender envy and the euphoria that stems from it is such a strong ass drug. sometimes it leads to dysphoria but once u imagine urself having the body u desire based off of a character that ure envious of; all the negativity just evaporates 

• Like 2

My eyes are a mix of blue and grey, and my hair is always messy, and curly. 

• Like 2
rainbowocollie

I think my gender is somewhat fluid, between female-aligned gender and agender. Sometimes I don't like thinking of myself as agender, but am fine with thinking of myself as a girl. Other times I don't like thinking of myself as a girl and prefer to think of myself as something else "other". Overall I think I'm preferring just the term "non-binary" over any other label.

• Like 3
nickolekuebler

I know this sounds kind of silly, but I logged into the computer when I got to work and noticed that when it was loading it says welcome and your name. I noticed today though that it also has my pronouns in parenthesis next to my name. That made me smile and feel a lot better about today. 

• Like 5

My new prosthesis was delivered this morning. I love them! The size feels perfect. I just wish they where real now.

• Like 6
On 3/29/2023 at 9:42 PM, Collie Grace said:

I think my gender is somewhat fluid, between female-aligned gender and agender. Sometimes I don't like thinking of myself as agender, but am fine with thinking of myself as a girl. Other times I don't like thinking of myself as a girl and prefer to think of myself as something else "other". Overall I think I'm preferring just the term "non-binary" over any other label.

I can relate in so many ways. 

nickolekuebler

So I wasn't really sure what to post this under so I think this should be good. 

I was talking with an old friend of mine from when I worked at the prison yesterday, and she was telling me that everyone there already knew about me before I came out. I remember that there was another officer there that they always used to get us confused. Back then this other officer would get really offended when someone would confuse us, I found out that it was cause I was really "flamboyant". I heard yesterday though that this officer has now come out as trans as well. I just though it was kind of interesting to find this stuff out, I still talk to some of my coworkers from there but normally it is always centered around me helping them with their cars. 

• Like 1