Jump to content
butterflydreams

a gender positive thread

Recommended Posts

daveb
4 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

I start to get really curious about shoes with a higher heel. So where can I find that. There are not to expensive and big enough size. I have 42-43 EU.

 

And here is some photos :)

 

I don't know about Europe, but Payless is a good source for shoes in that range (and larger). Also quite inexpensive (especially if you find a BOGO deal (buy one, get one free)). Maybe there is something like that in your area? I would think your size wouldn't be too hard to find with so many taller women in northern Europe.

 

(I don't see any photos here; or do I have to go to that club thread?)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimmie.
1 minute ago, daveb said:

I don't know about Europe, but Payless is a good source for shoes in that range (and larger). Also quite inexpensive (especially if you find a BOGO deal (buy one, get one free)). Maybe there is something like that in your area? I would think your size wouldn't be too hard to find with so many taller women in northern Europe.

 

(I don't see any photos here; or do I have to go to that club thread?)

Yup they are in the link. 

 

Does sneakers with some heel exist? Or something similar? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daveb
25 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

Does sneakers with some heel exist? Or something similar? 

They actually do. For example:

chic-skechers-high-heel-sneakers.jpg

 

But your better option to start with is probably to look for a wedge shoe (which lifts up the back, but has a full sole). An example:

Fashion-high-heel-sneakers-Women-canvas-

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimmie.
Just now, daveb said:

They actually do. For example:

chic-skechers-high-heel-sneakers.jpg

 

But your better option to start with is probably to look for a wedge shoe (which lifts up the back, but has a full sole). AN example:

Fashion-high-heel-sneakers-Women-canvas-

The lower one that was almost exactly what I thought about. They look so cool. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimmie.

If anyone missed it because of the link, here are the pics from today. It is not perfect far from it but it is in the right direction atleast. It just looks more right. 

Please ignore the mess in the background. :)

 

 

 

 

Spoiler

DSC_0670.jpg

 

 

DSC_0674.jpg

 

 

DSC_0675.jpg

 

DSC_0677_01.jpg

 

AND ONE WITH THE MAKEUP APP.

 

MAKEUP_20170429120358_save.jpg

HAD TO ADD THIS ONE. 

DSC_0681.jpg

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
butterflydreams
9 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

I start to get really curious about shoes with a higher heel.

I'd suggest trying wedges over heels at first. A bit easier to deal with. Then once you figure that out, trying a half-inch or inch heel won't be as bad. As for the sizes...it's tough. I'm not sure what to suggest because I can still find larger women's shoes pretty easily that fit fine.

 

9 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

And here is some photos :)

Hey, that's pretty great! They look pretty good on you. Did you say you had gotten any tops as well? Or was it just the leggings?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimmie.
8 minutes ago, Hadley167 said:

I'd suggest trying wedges over heels at first. A bit easier to deal with. Then once you figure that out, trying a half-inch or inch heel won't be as bad. As for the sizes...it's tough. I'm not sure what to suggest because I can still find larger women's shoes pretty easily that fit fine.

 

Hey, that's pretty great! They look pretty good on you. Did you say you had gotten any tops as well? Or was it just the leggings?

Thanks:) i did get the top to.

I thinking that i probably should make the chest smaller in the future. Because the more i look and think about it, it looks a bit to big maybe.

 

And thank for the till tip it was wedge sneakers that i was thinking of. I don't like the standard heel show that much.But i will maybe learn to like that to in the future.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
butterflydreams
2 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

I thinking that i probably should make the chest smaller in the future. Because the more i look and think about it, it looks a bit to big maybe.

Yeah, I think I agree with that. It's tough to get those kinds of things right. I'm not sure how you were doing it, proper breast forms, or something else, but I'm actually of the mind that a simple padded bra will actually do a much better job on its own. Your chest will appear smaller, but it'll basically always look "right" because if the bra fits you, the cup size basically has to be proportional to that. It's ok if you don't actually fill it out. Get the closest size you can, even if it's an A cup.

 

How do I know this works? I started wearing a padded sports bra before I even had actual breasts.

 

Oh, and please, please let me know if you don't want my suggestions, I promise I won't be offended. I just have a lot of knowledge about this stuff and you seem to be receptive and inquisitive about it.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimmie.
5 minutes ago, Hadley167 said:

Yeah, I think I agree with that. It's tough to get those kinds of things right. I'm not sure how you were doing it, proper breast forms, or something else, but I'm actually of the mind that a simple padded bra will actually do a much better job on its own. Your chest will appear smaller, but it'll basically always look "right" because if the bra fits you, the cup size basically has to be proportional to that. It's ok if you don't actually fill it out. Get the closest size you can, even if it's an A cup.

 

How do I know this works? I started wearing a padded sports bra before I even had actual breasts.

 

Oh, and please, please let me know if you don't want my suggestions, I promise I won't be offended. I just have a lot of knowledge about this stuff and you seem to be receptive and inquisitive about it.

Okay thank there is no problem i take every suggestion i can get. And ofcourse i listen to you, you actually know what you are talking about. It would just be stupid of to not listen. And how i do the chest: well it may sound stupid but i read something like this in a add for something. Rice stuffed stockings.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
butterflydreams
8 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

And how i do the chest: well it may sound stupid but i read something like this in a add for something. Rice stuffed stockings.

:) No no, not stupid. In that case, I modify my suggestion to also recommend considering a set of actual breast forms, again, if that's what you want, and if it'll help you.

 

Unfortunately, I don't know anything more about breast forms other than they are a thing that exists.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
emma-can

I like my body shape, and my hair (even though it's tangled AF), and my eyes.  I wish I was taller though <_< and sometimes I wish my boobs were bigger but sometimes I like that their small cuz I can just...not wear a bra.  Or hide them almost completely under loose clothes.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ix Phoen
2 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

here are the pics from today. It is not perfect far from it but it is in the right direction atleast. It just looks more right. 

You are definitely awesome! They look great on you. :) I bet you'd have fun wearing tunic shirts, the long ones. I do it all the time with my jeggings, and it's like a mini-skirt ... only not. 

 

Spoiler

bc9e7e10acaaad4294d29a6d0ce06c3a.jpg 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
butterflydreams
3 hours ago, Ix Phoen said:

You are definitely awesome! They look great on you. :) I bet you'd have fun wearing tunic shirts, the long ones. I do it all the time with my jeggings, and it's like a mini-skirt ... only not. 

OMG, I love shirts like that! They're perfect for leggings, especially if you're like me and a little more self conscious about the crotch area. Actually, my next sewing project is an adorable sleeveless tunic with a raised collar. Was really struggling to find the right fabric for it, but I think I finally have it nailed down.

 

3 hours ago, emma-can said:

but sometimes I like that their small cuz I can just...not wear a bra.  Or hide them almost completely under loose clothes.

Yay! I almost never take advantage of this myself, even though I could.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daveb

I agree that wedges are easier to walk and stand in than standard high heels. Basically, the less surface area you have touching the ground the less stability you have. So stilettos with their very small tip touching the ground can be trickier than a thicker high heel, which can be trickier than wedges. But practice helps. Of course, the surface you're walkign and standing on can affect things, too. Try walking in grass with stilettos! :)

 

Breast forms are good (a while back my mom offered me the ones she was given by the hospital after having a mastectomy, since she preferred not to wear them. They were new; she had never used them). Another option is what are often referred to as "cutlets" (due to their resemblance to chicken cutlets). These are silicone pads, similar to breast forms, but made more for enhancing what a woman already has. Therefore they are smaller, not full forms. And generally much cheaper. But a good first option to try out. :)

 

I also agree that tunics are great with leggings. I would almost say they are a must. You can also use regular dresses the same way, as a top to go over leggings.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
butterflydreams
1 hour ago, daveb said:

Another option is what are often referred to as "cutlets" (due to their resemblance to chicken cutlets). These are silicone pads, similar to breast forms, but made more for enhancing what a woman already has. Therefore they are smaller, not full forms. And generally much cheaper. But a good first option to try out. :)

Yes! Thank you for mentioning this! I completely forgot about those. Plus, breast forms and silicone pads were never my thing, so I really know nothing about them.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimmie.

Thank you everyone you are all super awesome.

It is interesting that that i actually have got more positive comments on my looks on this site then i ever have before combined. Can have to do with the fact that i now finnaly have open up myself and realized who i really am inside.

 

And i NEED some wedge sneakers they looks so great. Looked around a bit they where hard to find but when i did heck they are not really cheap.:(

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricki

I know that you can pick up both breast forms and those silicone things off of amazon for relatively cheap. :) 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimmie.

If i will get anything like that it will probably be from the place that Jayce linked to. They had good prices and was in EU so i don't have to pay for customs.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimmie.

Update on the shoe front i have found some ones. But they are either to small or to expensive. The womens shoe sizes seems to stop at 42 EU to and i have 42-43 based on model and brand.

 

EDIT: found these :

https://www.footway.se/esprit-lexa-lu-wedge-157996.html

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimmie.

@Hadley167 you can sew to?  Is there anything you can't do? 

You get more impressive the more I read about you.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
butterflydreams
13 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

@Hadley167 you can sew to?  Is there anything you can't do? 

Hahaha, well, I can't seem to find a boyfriend...oh and I can't draw to save my life ;)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimmie.
5 minutes ago, Hadley167 said:

Hahaha, well, I can't seem to find a boyfriend...oh and I can't draw to save my life ;)

Finding a partner dosen't go that well for me either but then again I am not looking so I can't really complain. 

Drawing is my thing though. 

Spoiler

 

DSC_0678.jpg

 

 

DSC_0601.jpg

 

 

DSC_0603.jpg

 

 

DSC_0671.jpg

 

 

DSC_0677.jpg?5

 

 

 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ItWasNiceKnowingYou
18 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

Finding a partner dosen't go that well for me either but then again I am not looking so I can't really complain. 

Drawing is my thing though. 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

DSC_0678.jpg

 

 

DSC_0601.jpg

 

 

DSC_0603.jpg

 

 

DSC_0671.jpg

 

 

DSC_0677.jpg?5

 

 

 

Gorgeous every single time :wub:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
butterflydreams
12 minutes ago, SimplyAce said:

Gorgeous every single time :wub:

Ditto <3

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andiamo

@Kimmie. - Those are beautiful! I can't draw people at all. Only horses.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toothlesss

*stares around being one of the few in the thread with drawing talent* *hides under my wings* 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricki
19 minutes ago, Toothlesss said:

*stares around being one of the few in the thread with drawing talent* *hides under my wings* 

I believe you but now I demand proof! ;) 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daveb

I can draw a little, too. Of course, anyone can draw. Just look at kids. :)

(I say that, but then I say I can't sing. :P )

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricki
3 minutes ago, daveb said:

I can draw a little, too. Of course, anyone can draw. Just look at kids. :)

(I say that, but then I say I can't sing. :P )

You might not be the best at singing, but you *can* sing. I stand by everyone should do it. It's one of my favourite things, and I am bloody awful :P 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daveb
2 minutes ago, Ricchan said:

You might not be the best at singing, but you *can* sing. I stand by everyone should do it. It's one of my favourite things, and I am bloody awful :P 

When I was a kid in school and we had any sort of singing going on they would tell me to mouth the words.

They also made me play the instruments that were hardest to screw up and/or had the smallest role in any music.

So I learned long ago that I am not musically inclined, and was not encouraged in any musical endeavor. Basically had any inclinations I might possibly have had in that realm extinguished. It wasn't just the teachers either. I learned that my tastes in music weren't cool. I even got out of taking music in junior high because I had too much on my schedule and music got dropped from it.

 

On the positive side, I did have an older person in my life in my late teens who was very musical and encouraged my tastes in music regardless of what anyone else might think. It was because of that person that I came to "own" my tastes in music and enjoy it. :D

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...