a gender positive thread

butterflydreams

I have a naturally low voice- I think it would be considered a contralto in musical terminology.  I can sing stuff that was written for the higher end of the mens' voice spectrum without much trouble.

• Like 5
Celyn: The Lutening

After a couple of years working on my voice I now have trouble hitting what used to be the middle of my range which is yay I guess but also wants to sing Nothing But Thieves.

• Like 1

I guess I like....everything except how people view me. 

i can't make decsions, frick.

• Like 1
a little annihilation

aside from dysphoria I do like the general shape of my body. I like my thighs being wide because I think it's aesthetically pleasing and my eyes are pretty. I have ridiculously long eyelashes.

• Like 4
lost-the-key

I like my eyes, they have a cool ring of purpose around them and these little pretty flecks of brown.  I have a nice color and length of hair ( it’s long golden brown hair).  I am happy with my body overall.  

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
camillosan

I like that my body shape could be considered quite androgynous, tall, broad shoulders, narrow hips. I consider myself lucky in that regard.

• Like 2

I don't know why but I consider my face to be like masculine of that makes sense. Like it could be fem, but it also could be masc and I like it for that

• Like 1
nerdy_akaashi

i like my fluffy hair that i just dyed red 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Just cut my hair to a buzz cut for summer!  It's the shortest it's ever been, and I think I like it.

• Like 4
pro_crastinate

I have a very androgynous face (although my haircut could be better lol) and I've been working on my lower singing range! I started out at like,,, alto/soprano, maybe mezzo soprano, smth like that, but now I can consider myself to be a low alto, working towards tenor! /pos

• Like 4
camillosan

Goddammit I love my new haircut too! I look like a dude and it feels amazing.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, camill said:

Goddammit I love my new haircut too! I look like a dude and it feels amazing.

What sort of haircut do you have? :D

camillosan

@Eli_G No idea what it's called tbh. The top is kind of long and the back nice and short. (sorry, I suck at describing things)

• Like 1

I need a haircut, i like it long but it looks so unkept. And I should probably have around shoulder length.

9 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

I need a haircut, i like it long but it looks so unkept. And I should probably have around shoulder length.

I've heard that if you're growing your hair out, it's still best to get occasional slight trims to remove any split ends.

• Like 3
DuranDuranfan
10 hours ago, camill said:

@Eli_G No idea what it's called tbh. The top is kind of long and the back nice and short. (sorry, I suck at describing things)

Sounds like a fade.

Since having my pixie cut a few weeks ago, I’ve been learning how best to ramp it up/down, fairly easily done with styling mouse and a hair dryer. 

the longer part in front of the ears can be trained forward to sort of wrap around to the cheek bones. The back is point cut and adds an interesting twist. 
the fringe is sort of swept over and can kinda meet with the wrap around by the cheek bone. 

well, my hairdresser did say she wanted it longer at the front to cover my face more!! the cheek of it!! 😂

I’m back next week for a follow up cut. 
i fear she may feel emboldened if I say it’s been great lol. 

• Like 3

I was assigned male at birth, I live as a male, I look male and I identify as male.

I like my hair to be long. I don't care if society thinks that makes me a bit feminine somehow. Society is WRONG. The hair comes out naturally out of my MALE body and I don't even have to do anything.

I like myself the way I am, PERIOD. :D

• Like 2
On 6/2/2021 at 6:40 PM, camill said:

*Snort* Yeah, I can picture that. You described it just fine 👌

• Like 1

I JUST got my hair cut,  to my chin, and dyed it with heavy blue highlights. I now look like a "Pixie Hippy" and as long as I don't look my AGAB I'm a happy battery! :D 

• Like 3

I had a dream last night where i was completely female. And quite well endowed if i remember correctly. I love dreams like that i just wish it was real.

• Like 6
  • 3 months later...
EmotionalAndroid

I am very pleased because my therapist is recommending that I express my gender (or lack of it??) more, even just taking baby steps toward it. Just getting that permission from someone feels grand (not that I should need it). Never thought gender would come up in my therapy sessions about anxiety, but it feels kind of good to talk about it.

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

When I pull my hair back into a ponytail(ish) I actually look female. Especially with the new glasses.

• Like 4

My favourite pair of shorts are the best because no matter what I’m feeling like, they can fit with it. Hyper feminine: check. Hyper masculine: check. All the other stuff: hell yeah! 

Feeling super safe in my Safety Shorts (TM). 

• Like 5

Also about hair. It's not quite long enough for a secure pony tail yet, let alone that first braiding attempt I'm looking forward to. And working out the snags is a morning curse. But wow do I love the feel of it. The ends brushing my neck/shoulders, bouncing a bit if I walk quickly, having to brush it away from my face throughout the day, idly fiddling with it (yeah, I'm that girl). It's a solid progress reminder, and helps with my reflection and shadow some as well. Very nice.

• Like 6

I like my hair long, but it comes to a point that it’s becoming a issue in maintaining it.  Like when washing, loads of hair falls out, possibly due to hormonal changes, long hair is prone to breaking or being at an age where balding as AMAB is common.  In practice I also like my hair at about neck length, all the same length and styled in a way that encourages natural curls.

On 9/25/2021 at 6:04 PM, Skylord said:

My favourite pair of shorts are the best because no matter what I’m feeling like, they can fit with it. Hyper feminine: check. Hyper masculine: check. All the other stuff: hell yeah! 

Feeling super safe in my Safety Shorts (TM). 

pokemon-comfy-shorts-english.png&f=1&nof

• Like 1