a gender positive thread

butterflydreams

So a strange friend of mine brought a life sized Daniel Radcliffe cardboard cutout to school for a Japanese project (I don't know the correlation) and he let me stand next to it. I'm as tall as Daniel Radcliffe it made me feel less dysphoric about my height

• Like 5
10 hours ago, #Cthulhu said:

So a strange friend of mine brought a life sized Daniel Radcliffe cardboard cutout to school for a Japanese project (I don't know the correlation) and he let me stand next to it. I'm as tall as Daniel Radcliffe it made me feel less dysphoric about my height

This all sounds very Daniel Radcliffey from what I've seen of him lol

But also yeah, I've realized there's lots of actors and guys in general who are considered short and I'm the same height as them or even slightly taller so I might be tiny compared to the cis men in my family, and short by American standards, but I'm actually in the average range for where I live. 

• Like 3

I take notice (and some small amount of joy) when I hear a woman is the same height as me, especially some well-known good-looking woman.

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Coddiwomple said:

I finally started therapy and my therapist said he can help authorize me for medical transition! 😄

Congratulations 🎊

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Coddiwomple said:

I finally started therapy and my therapist said he can help authorize me for medical transition! 😄

Sounds great. Congrats to You!

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Things I like about my body:

- Soft hair.  It almost feels like fur.

- Long fingers.

- Endurance. (I've been hiking since I could walk.)

- My eyes (which normally look brown) turn gold if I stare into a bright light.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
Interference

i talked to my bf about using they/them a bit more often to test how it feels and he didn't mind!! and i felt some weird jolt of !! whenever i see him use them to refer to me and it's quite nice. is this euphoria? maybe, but it feels good. 

i don't deserve him, he's too nice for me ;u;

• Like 7

I've been working on gender and body-positive artwork to hang in my room. I'm not the best artist, I'll admit, but I'm proud of what I've done.

• Like 10
AmusedSkeptic

People compliment me on my hair all the time and some even ask if I dye it (I don't) since it's a red-gold-blonde color. Personally, I've never really noticed it and get tired of people mentioning it. I'm still proud of it (more style than the color lol), but even prouder of my strength.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
DuranDuranfan

A couple weeks ago I got a phone call finally about the consultation for my reduction surgery. But the consultation had to be done over the Internet on a secure program used my medical professionals. This was due to the physical distancing measures put in place by the province I live in. 

So I have yet to meet the surgeon in person, and hope to hear back soon about when that will happen. The province just recently started the slow process of lifting the restrictions they had put in place back in mid March to slow down the spread of COVID 19. The in person consult is how he can show me the incisions he uses and perhaps use a program to extrapolate how I might look with the size I’m hoping to be. I have some pictures saved to my phone to show him the size I’m looking for.

• Like 2
anisotrophic

I got a “have a good day sir” as I finished paying & taking my groceries the other day! I think it must be my voice changes, maybe plus the ambiguity of the mask & binder. I’m guessing he didn’t see my hair (in a braid, past my hips).

It didn’t feel more right than “ma’am” but still refreshing to have it go the other way. Progress?

• Like 8
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy pride month everybody!!

I kind of like my jawline. I sometimes get compliments on it, so I guess eventually all the strangers complimenting me on it made me realize it's kinda sorta nice ☺️

Edited by Asleep
  • Like 3
nerdperson777

I was talking in another thread about reconnecting with my very first friend.  I clicked the connect button and she remembers me!  She didn't care that I had a different name.  She also thought about me often.  She linked me her Facebook profile and there was a girl who she called other half so I thought she was a lesbian but she told me that she has a boyfriend.  Well, I almost had all queer friends before we knew.

• Like 6
DuranDuranfan

I got the phone call today for an in person consult with the surgeon about my reduction surgery. 🙂

• Like 6
Interference

a friend decided to send over one of their binders that was too large for them, saying it might fit me. it's en route to this island to be sorted and sent my way. between finals and the stress of potentially having the current hot new disease, i can't thank them enough for being so kind.

i also got makeup in and for once, they're good enough for me. yay! 

• Like 4

I like how I’m proud of my weight, I used to feel really insecure about my weight for about one or two years but now I’m the most carefree person you’ll meet. I’ve never been so happy too not care

• Like 4
The Bread Thief

I like that my shoulders are broad, but not too broad, so I can pass as masculine, feminine, or both simultaneously.

• Like 2
The Bread Thief
On 4/14/2020 at 5:03 PM, Karst said:

- Endurance. (I've been hiking since I could walk.)

Me too, I hikes my first mountain when I was like two.

• Like 1
nerdperson777
On 6/17/2020 at 3:46 PM, The Bread Thief said:

I like that my shoulders are broad, but not too broad, so I can pass as masculine, feminine, or both simultaneously.

Same, my shoulders aren't overly broad, I don't think.  I'm not sure how to explain it, but my armpit has a pretty wide gap in between.  It's not just like a vertical pit, but diagonal, maybe to fit in my shoulders.  My width isn't overly noticeable, probably because I didn't exercise when I was younger.  All I did was wear heavy backpacks so that may have flattened my shoulders sideways and gave me the trapezoid muscles.  The only person who made comments about my big shoulders was my mom, probably because she shopped for clothes for me and mine were much bigger than hers, making me have to sometimes order a size larger to fit.  But I think in passing as male, they have probably really helped in maintaining my ruler shape, since they are just slightly bigger than my hips.  Since my hip fat has gone down, it probably looks a little more obvious.

So over quarantine, I grew a beard. I trimmed it myself because I don't think I want to grow it too long. Especially since when it gets long enough, I wouldn't be able to stop playing with it. 😂 I think it looks good on me. I plan on getting a haircut soon and just sport a new look. I had a similar haircut for years so I want to try something new.

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

asAjrIQ.jpg?1

• Like 6
Interference

i got myself a haircut! while it's not exactly the super short, basically man styled cut that i wanted, my bf thought it made me look like an angsty emo teen and i'm liking it. now onto learning how to contour my chubby cheeks and making it look less of a girly shape...

also censored my face because it looks atrocious. 

Spoiler

20200619_215853.jpg

• Like 6
nerdperson777
12 hours ago, SkyWorld said:

So over quarantine, I grew a beard. I trimmed it myself because I don't think I want to grow it too long. Especially since when it gets long enough, I wouldn't be able to stop playing with it. 😂 I think it looks good on me. I plan on getting a haircut soon and just sport a new look. I had a similar haircut for years so I want to try something new.

Spoiler

Advanced issue found

Hide contents

asAjrIQ.jpg?1

I get it kind of similar.  I can grow a bit of chin hair, but not a beard.  I don't exactly mind it, since I don't really experience dysphoria about facial hair, but I'll keep picking at it also.  My couple hairs are easy to play with right now, and it definitely gets distracting.  But you look pretty good.  The picture I remember from before must've been pre-T, since you got all those angles now and what I remembered was pretty round.

4 hours ago, Interference said:

i got myself a haircut! while it's not exactly the super short, basically man styled cut that i wanted, my bf thought it made me look like an angsty emo teen and i'm liking it. now onto learning how to contour my chubby cheeks and making it look less of a girly shape...

also censored my face because it looks atrocious. 

Reveal hidden contents

20200619_215853.jpg

I also cut my hair, but at like 3am Monday morning.  I was kind of suffocating in the heat  I feel really good about my back and sides.  I'm just stimming on all the prickles.  But I can't see the top back so it probably looks horrible.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I get it kind of similar.  I can grow a bit of chin hair, but not a beard.  I don't exactly mind it, since I don't really experience dysphoria about facial hair, but I'll keep picking at it also.  My couple hairs are easy to play with right now, and it definitely gets distracting.  But you look pretty good.  The picture I remember from before must've been pre-T, since you got all those angles now and what I remembered was pretty round.

I don't either. For the longest time, I thought I probably couldn't sport a beard. Right now, I'm just trying something new because why not? Since I was inside for a while, the awkward and itchy slow growing stage is out of the way. I'm not used to having a beard, so I just keep playing with it. 😂 And thank you so much! Though when it is clean shaven, I still have that trans guy baby face. I've been taking pictures of my progression, but not as often as I did the first year. I still try to get it somewhat regularly for self-documentation.

• Like 1