a gender positive thread

butterflydreams

Life With Masks
3 hours ago, Ardoise said:

I've finally got the knack for cutting my own hair.  It gives me a feeling of control over my body.  Someone told me that they think this is one of the best haircuts I've ever had.

Amazing!

Controlling the way you want to present to the world, but also receiving praise as well sure is reassuring. 

• Like 7

I've finally got the knack for cutting my own hair.  It gives me a feeling of control over my body.  Someone told me that they think this is one of the best haircuts I've ever had.

Congrats. 🙂 

You're braver than me. The last time I tried cutting my own hair, it did NOT go well... 😑

20 hours ago, Just Dani said:

Congrats. 🙂 

You're braver than me. The last time I tried cutting my own hair, it did NOT go well... 😑

Well, the first time I tried it, I was six.  My mother rushed me to a hair salon to fix the results.

• Like 5

Well, the first time I tried it, I was six.  My mother rushed me to a hair salon to fix the results.

I was in my late teens at the time, but I might as well have been six, that was how bad the haircut was! 🤣

Celyn: The Lutening

The most I've ever done is cut the bits that hang over my ears to postpone getting touched by another human. Or trim the split end when it was long.

On Friday I got a sweet "Sir" at work that was definitely not trying and failing to misgender me as an insult. I don't know if it's the short hair, masc clothes, or just a holdover from the last teacher she spoke to being a guy, but I'll take it.

• Like 3

I like my overall body shape - I have a nice hips/waist/chest ratios, but I also have really broad shoulders, which caters to my masculine side. :)
I have nice hair.
I have sweet smile.
My eye colour is really interesting. :)
I also like how strong I am, even though I'm short and how quickly I build muscle. 😎

Edited by InQ-Ai
  • Like 5
nerdperson777
On 1/26/2019 at 10:58 AM, Just Dani said:

Congrats. 🙂 

I got to a point where I stopped caring and did it anyway.  I just let it be bad if it happens.  I don't purposely make it bad.

• Like 2

After a good 9 months or so inactive, I'm back! Top surgery went swimmingly (keyhole, thank god), name change went through without a hitch, everything is going quite well.

• Like 11
30 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

After a good 9 months or so inactive, I'm back! Top surgery went swimmingly (keyhole, thank god), name change went through without a hitch, everything is going quite well.

Yay! :cake:

Congratulations!

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

Hooray! I'm so happy for you!

• Like 3
Celyn: The Lutening

*Throws confetti and streamers all over @ChillaKilla*

• Like 5

Spoiler for (lack of) titty:

• Like 11
17 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

Reveal hidden contents

Looks absolutely great!

• Like 5
6 hours ago, ChillaKilla said:

Congrats! 😄 

And great pic, btw. 🙂

nerdperson777
10 hours ago, ChillaKilla said:

Hide contents

That's so great! I just had to postpone mine until further notice. I'm supposed to get keyhole too and I can't wait to look like you! 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

That's so great! I just had to postpone mine until further notice. I'm supposed to get keyhole too and I can't wait to look like you! 

Oh no! :( What happened? If you don't mind saying of course, I understand if it's a tough topic.

nerdperson777
1 hour ago, ChillaKilla said:

Oh no! :( What happened? If you don't mind saying of course, I understand if it's a tough topic.

It's been said in another thread.  My surgery was scheduled for February but my mom's company got bought out and so I have to get authorized again under new insurance during the new year.  Then she also got laid off in the process because of the merge.  So the time was cutting too close and we're not sure if she wants to continue having the insurance after the month ends.  I decided to just let some person on the doctor's waitlist be happy and I'll try again for a December date once my insurance issues have settled out.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

It's been said in another thread.  My surgery was scheduled for February but my mom's company got bought out and so I have to get authorized again under new insurance during the new year.  Then she also got laid off in the process because of the merge.  So the time was cutting too close and we're not sure if she wants to continue having the insurance after the month ends.  I decided to just let some person on the doctor's waitlist be happy and I'll try again for a December date once my insurance issues have settled out.

I really hope that everything works out for you. :(

21 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

I hope everything goes quickly and easily!

• Like 2
nerdperson777
42 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

I hope everything goes quickly and easily!

The old insurance totally wasn't since it took 9 months for me to even schedule, 5 months in advance.  I can't really handle my situation being this unstable.  Mom even suggested me to try looking for insurance myself on covered CA because it might be cheaper for me to insure myself rather than her insuring the whole family for a premium, not-subsidized price.  I can only think the bright side to not have it 2 weeks from now is that I can work a few more shifts covering for teaching, since some people are going to be out.  I can concentrate on my next black belt test without thinking that I'll have trouble raising my arms.  I might even be able to go to a competition this year, after not competing for over 2 years.

• Like 3
no-longer-in-use

My binder arrived yesterday with no issues and it fits well. Yay!

Also, today my (trans) guy friend and I were talking to a stranger and he said "Thanks, gentlemen" afterward! Yay! :D

• Like 12
7 minutes ago, Coddiwomple said:

My binder arrived yesterday with no issues and it fits well. Yay!

Also, today my (trans) guy friend and I were talking to a stranger and he said "Thanks, gentlemen" afterward! Yay! :D

Hooray! Go you!
Happy things are going your way 😃 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I've booked a screening appointment with my nearest gender identity service, if that goes well they'll put me on the waiting list for a proper appointment. I've also come out to my step dad so now I'll be able to try out my name and pronouns when I'm at my mum's house. I'm thinking of telling some other family members soon but I need to find the right time, one of my cousins is having a baby very soon and another has just got engaged so I don't want to interrupt their celebrating or anything. That said, my stepsister is also engaged and if I want my wedding invitation in the right name I'll have to tell them sooner rather than later (not really a positive but mum's also warned me about making sure my dad isn't the last to know but he's also the most likely to be a problem so it's difficult to figure out who to prioritise).

• Like 7

I really like my belly! It's a bit on the soft side, which my fiancee loves. 😅

• Like 1

I like some facts about my body, like its energetic almost all the day... I can sleep at any hour at will... even with loud noises if I need to do it. being small sometimes it has its own benefits,:) and love my dark brown eyes and my skin color, light tan, under the sun my brunette hair has a golden aura that I like.... 

• Like 3

My birth certificate officially lists me as male now :) 

• Like 17