Anthracite_Impreza
49 minutes ago, Just Dani said:

Is that what we're called now, "travel-sized"? 🤣

Easier to fit in a suitcase :ph34r:

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Pixley said:

Oh my god ME TOO. I’m not smol, I’m travel-sized (or fun-sized, whichever). 🤣

tumblr_nvhi2iji5d1tpy7cvo4_540.gif

Oh my god, I'm saving that gif. I wasn't even thinking of Mulan when I started describing myself as travel-sized, but this is perfect :lol:

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Quite frankly, I could probably fit pretty easily into a suitcase. :P I also don't tend to have issues with legroom on long flights or car rides either, which is convenient. Plus, I can weave through crowds like it's nobody's business, so plenty of travel-perks come with my size :lol:

In other news, my university hosted an event giving free haircuts to queer and trans students, so I got a long-overdue haircut. Before this, I've only let one hairstylist cut my hair, but since I moved thousands of miles away from her, I wasn't sure what to do with my hair. It was intimidating, but I'm happy with my cut and actually thinking about letting the top grow long while keeping the sides buzzed. (For some reason, buzzing the sides makes me feel less like I'm going bald, so I'm glad to at least temporarily stave off that existential dread. :lol:) Guess I might have a chance to rock a form of man bun in the near-ish future at this rate. :P

• Like 4
Celyn: The Lutening
4 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

I just had to...I got out my medium suitcase, and I can confirm that I do indeed fit in there, with a bit of room to spare for clothes.

• Like 7
Anthracite_Impreza
23 minutes ago, Celyn said:

I just had to...I got out my medium suitcase, and I can confirm that I do indeed fit in there, with a bit of room to spare for clothes.

Selfie or it didn't happen.

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Selfie or it didn't happen.

You want me to get in there again?

• Like 4
Anthracite_Impreza
Just now, Celyn said:

You want me to get in there again?

Yes.

• Like 4

I might have a hard time since I'm currently laptopless but I'll try

Anthracite_Impreza
8 minutes ago, Celyn said:

I might have a hard time since I'm currently laptopless but I'll try

Your laptop doesn't have to go in with you :P

• Like 4

uGjwTtc.jpgI eventually got it to work! Must remember that it's "direct link" when I put something from imgur onto AVEN (Which is all I use imgur for)

• Like 11

The whole image thing is a bit weird.

Because to get a picture from my phone to AVEN 

It goes like this: Gallery-> Email-> Download photo(s) -> post them to imgur-> copy and paste to Aven.

Wish it was easier in someway.

• Like 3

I went imgur>upload>file, found the thing, copy/paste. Which is marginally easier

Anthracite_Impreza

@Celyn How majestic :P

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

@Celyn How majestic :P

Maybe not when I'm in there, but imagine arriving somewhere and unzipping your suitcase, and I slowly arise out like Venus from the foam.

• Like 8
Anthracite_Impreza
2 minutes ago, Celyn said:

Maybe not when I'm in there, but imagine arriving somewhere and unzipping your suitcase, and I slowly arise out like Venus from the foam.

If I'm honest I think I'd shit myself if anyone came out of my suitcase ;) 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

If I'm honest I think I'd shit myself if anyone came out of my suitcase ;) 

I think that would be the normal response.

• Like 3
nerdperson777
15 hours ago, Emery. said:

And I’m not travel sized at all. Men’s clothes fit me well. I buy the S and M and it’s fine. I thought people don’t grow tall at my age any more but I did grow a size and sometimes have to buy large sizes in women’s clothes. I still am in the normal range so there are clothes, but one size up and shops might be short of clothes for me. :P I have tall genes, it seems. That being said, I want to be cute sometimes and... it’s hard. 

I can wear a size S but I like having loose clothes so usually it's size M.  I'm thinking that my feet possibly grew a little, which I didn't really expect.  For my martial arts shoes, they're in EU sizes.  The size I was wearing was probably already small since I was wearing the same size as my friend who had smaller feet than me.  I had bought two pairs for when they wore out.  When it was time to change to a new pair in the beginning of the year, I found that they weren't fitting me.  I was also starting to coach around that time so then I needed insoles.  So adding that to my shoes would definitely not make it fit.  My third or fourth toe was rubbing the inside of the shoe, so it was definitely too small.  For some reason I decided to go 2 sizes up, and that was before I thought to add insoles.  Suddenly my shoes were too big and they were falling off.  The insoles made it a bit better.  Then now those shoes are getting holes so I had bought the one size bigger/smaller (depending on which one we're comparing to).  That wasn't fitting my foot and the insole so I had to go buy the size I had been wearing.  Now they fit fine.  But also, for my sneakers, I am currently wearing a full size bigger than I was before.  I'm not sure if it's just me wanting more room in my shoe but I didn't think that I would need a full size bigger.  I remember my parents saying that the full size bigger was too big and I should only do a half size bigger.  I still wanted the bigger one.  The half size would still fit but it felt cramped.  Maybe it's just my feet getting wider since my current sneakers have about an inch of room on the top.

12 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

I am just above the average height for an AFAB in this country, 5'7". Very average and boring. I do have big feet though, I often trip up over them.

That....is very tall.  I have short genes.  *pouts*

11 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

I remember when I was younger and I would fit under my dad's laundry basket.  But now my huge legs stick out of it.

8 hours ago, Mezzo Forte said:

Oh my god, I'm saving that gif. I wasn't even thinking of Mulan when I started describing myself as travel-sized, but this is perfect :lol:

I'm just imagining "your fellow trans music educator, at your service, from the convenience of your suitcase".

8 hours ago, Mezzo Forte said:

Quite frankly, I could probably fit pretty easily into a suitcase. :P I also don't tend to have issues with legroom on long flights or car rides either, which is convenient. Plus, I can weave through crowds like it's nobody's business, so plenty of travel-perks come with my size :lol:

In other news, my university hosted an event giving free haircuts to queer and trans students, so I got a long-overdue haircut. Before this, I've only let one hairstylist cut my hair, but since I moved thousands of miles away from her, I wasn't sure what to do with my hair. It was intimidating, but I'm happy with my cut and actually thinking about letting the top grow long while keeping the sides buzzed. (For some reason, buzzing the sides makes me feel less like I'm going bald, so I'm glad to at least temporarily stave off that existential dread. :lol:) Guess I might have a chance to rock a form of man bun in the near-ish future at this rate. :P

I think my cousin gave me that hairstyle you mentioned.  She was just experimenting with my hair that time but I really liked it.  Problem now is that I'm not sure how to explain the style to a hairdresser and the haircut I got this week was rather boring.  It was just the young boy haircut and then mom said she liked it, probably because I look more to the way she wants it.  I'm just going to cut my own hair now and whatever botch I get, I'm stuck with.  I'm tired of my dad saying whatever haircut I give myself isn't professional because it isn't hairdresser quality.

• Like 5
Lonemathsytoothbrushthief

Just wanted to post because I'm still really satisfied with just bulking up my arms. ^_^ For someone who's never been to the gym in their life, I'm really admiring the effect which so much sports has on them! I think I've always put on muscle a little easier than others, though it might just be me throwing myself into stuff considering I did bring myself to the verge of hyperventilating trying to get my breath back a few times.  Anyway, I'm getting a lot of pangs of dysphoria but coming out of MMA and feeling much better, my arms/shoulders are much bigger now and I think it completely balances out my hips. Some pics:

Spoiler

https://imgur.com/a/pawEzD2

edit: only one picture was posted 😢

• Like 9

I DID IT!!  

I finally went outside presenting as a woman!  I only walked around 2-300 meters to the recycling station but i went outside!  i was so scared in the stairs outside of my apartment in case a neighbor would open their door. I feel so happy right now 

• Like 16
Anthracite_Impreza
14 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

That....is very tall.  I have short genes.  *pouts*

It's really not, my mate's always bragging about how she's 2 inches taller than me <_<

14 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I'm just imagining "your fellow trans music educator, at your service, from the convenience of your suitcase".

*snorts*

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Kimmie. said:

I DID IT!!  

I finally went outside pressing as a woman!  I only walked around 2-300 meters to the recycling station but i went outside!  i was so scared in the stairs outside of my apartment in case a neighbor would open their door. I feel so happy right now 

Congratulations! I remember how nervous I was the first few times (and sometimes till am, especially since I don't go out often).

Yeah, it always surprises me when someone says 5' 7" is very tall for female bodied people. Maybe on the tall-ish side, but then I suppose it depends on where you are and such. There are places/cultures/races where that would be tall and others where it would barely be past average if even that. In my family it's common enough that it isn't remarkable. :) 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I think my cousin gave me that hairstyle you mentioned.  She was just experimenting with my hair that time but I really liked it.  Problem now is that I'm not sure how to explain the style to a hairdresser and the haircut I got this week was rather boring.  It was just the young boy haircut and then mom said she liked it, probably because I look more to the way she wants it.  I'm just going to cut my own hair now and whatever botch I get, I'm stuck with.  I'm tired of my dad saying whatever haircut I give myself isn't professional because it isn't hairdresser quality.

Sounds like a good look, and I'm glad your cousin has been able to give you haircuts that you like! I have an aunt who is a hairdresser who would probably gladly cut my hair, but I don't live anywhere near her, so it isn't really an option. I don't know how easy maintaining this cut would be, especially cleaning up the back myself, but I suspect that my mom might be able to clean it up when I visit my family during the holidays. (Either that, or it might be a simple enough job to just take to an inexpensive barber.)

I realize that I haven't shown my face around here for quite some time, so what the heck, here's my haircut:

Spoiler

QmPEu0s.jpg

I'm enjoying how it looks from the back as well, as I'm working on letting my hair  swoop back instead of towards my face. Kind of hard getting a photo of the back of my head myself, so forgive the weird angle/my sleeves getting caught in the shot :P 

8VyApNM.jpg

I suppose in other news, I'm doing No Shave November again this year. I had just been trimming my facial hair for a while, but I genuinely shaved in at the end of October for this. (The photo's ~1 week of facial hair growth.) I'm pretty sure I'm going to pull the same thing I did last year (and the year before that) and let this become No Shave December too. Learned my lesson earlier this year that my beard doesn't come in thick enough to really look good long, so I'll probably start trimming it in January. I still feel like the facial hair development's been rather slow, but I'm glad to see it still developing and slowly coming in thicker.

• Like 7

@Kimmie. Congrats! 

About being 5'7.. that's my height and I find it kinda crazy how in some places that can be considered "tall" for an afab person but for an amab person it'd still be pretty small. Like damn why does male and female anatomy have to be that freaking different? ;n;

Where I'm from 5'7 is kinda above average for afabs, though I'm not sure how much because I've met a lot of girls as tall or taller than me, and kinda in the lower side of average for amabs, so most guys might be taller than me but usually not by a very noticeable amount. So here it's a pretty good height to be that doesn't stand out at all on either side of the gender line but in some other places it would be super short for a guy.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

I DID IT!!  

I finally went outside presenting as a woman!  I only walked around 2-300 meters to the recycling station but i went outside!  i was so scared in the stairs outside of my apartment in case a neighbor would open their door. I feel so happy right now 

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ms. Carolynne

I'm in the 5' 10" - 5' 11" range. For me that is relatively tall compared to cis-women but not extremely uncommon. I run into at least a few women around my height on a regular basis.

As compared to other AMAB individuals, I'm roughly a low average. Most guys are around my height but a bit taller, and quite a few are decently taller than I.

I kind of like my height, as it's sort of in-between. I make for a tall woman, but not abnormally so.

@Kimmie. That is awesome, you go girl!

• Like 3
No. 1 Akechi stan

I personally like my height (175 cm in my system, 5’9” in imperial) and my tricolor (grey-green-brown) eyes. I really like my hair texture and color. I also personally love my RBF most of the time.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

I DID IT!!  

Congratulations! This is scary. But with time you will get more confidence. For me it was first time going out with a skirt, not even presenting fully feminine. In the beginning I was scared as f**k, but after the first few hundred meters it felt great even with some fear still present.

When I am going outside, I am probably not passing as a woman. But I got some people confused with my gender.

Today I've tried stuff my bra differently and it looked so much more naturally that I could even put on a blouse showing cleavage, which made me happy. I just have to figure out howto prevent the silicone packs to slip down in the bra. This afternoon my boyfriend will visit me, so I am a bit nervous how he likes it, even when I am pretty sure he will like it.

• Like 4