a gender positive thread

butterflydreams

Is that actually a thing?  In that case it sounds awesome!  Really environment friendly. 

nerdperson777
1 hour ago, Taylor Lilith said:

I gave away so much of my masculine winter clothing last year X_X.  I need there to be like a trans-me-downs event or something near where I live.

I had my bra fairy moments until my mom looked through my room and took all the bras for herself. I made at least 2 friends happy! 

1 hour ago, Kimmie. said:

Well I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl, but I have no idea what kind of outdoor clothes i like...

I just wear a jacket over my t-shirt.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Taylor Lilith said:

I need there to be like a trans-me-downs event or something near where I live.

Ooh, I'd totally go to one of those if there was one held where I live! 😃

5 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I had my bra fairy moments until my mom looked through my room and took all the bras for herself. I made at least 2 friends happy! 

"Bra fairy?" Ah ha ha ha! 🤣

I can't say I really keep count of the individual months anymore, but I still like celebrating the 6-month intervals, and I'm exactly 2.5 years on T today. :)Tomorrow will be 11 months post-hysto as well, which is kind of surreal. It's weird having all the different dates to keep track of for transition milestones. :P

• Like 9
nerdperson777
On 10/25/2018 at 6:30 PM, Vampyre Dani said:

"Bra fairy?" Ah ha ha ha🤣

Yeah! It's like a tooth fairy, but I give bras to my trans girl friends. But only if they have small boobs since I'm small compared to many girls. 

• Like 7

3 years out of the closet... it's been quite a time.

This is a positive thread, indeed.

• Like 9
ElasticPlanet
On 10/25/2018 at 7:50 PM, Taylor Lilith said:

I need there to be like a trans-me-downs event or something near where I live.

The LGBT Foundation in my part of the world has a sort of trans clothes bank where anyone can donate or take whatever they like. Now they've reorganised some of their space, they put everything out on hangers at their trans events. Which is a lot nicer than rummaging through bags and piles of stuff like it used to be!

• Like 6

Today I made my appointment for top surgery. I paid the deposit, waved my letter from my psychiatrist like a golden ticket, and now I have a date. Because of insurance it's not until July 30th next year, but it's a date. It's now more than attainable, it's happening. Set in stone with a clear timeline.

I'm excited, impatient and I just want July to come.

• Like 12
nerdperson777

In singing songs in my car, I came across a song from one famous deep voiced female singer.  My mom was wondering why I was singing like her.  I feel pretty good that my self-trained voice acting has been working.  Now I have "husky female" in my list of voices.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

In singing songs in my car, I came across a song from one famous deep voiced female singer.  My mom was wondering why I was singing like her.  I feel pretty good that my self-trained voice acting has been working.  Now I have "husky female" in my list of voices.

Which one? 

Tracey chapman by chance? :D

NerdIsStrongWithThisOne

Peeps, my first proper binders just got here last night, and of course I'm wearing it today. I feel so much more comfortable, it's amazing :):) 

• Like 11
nerdperson777
9 hours ago, Nyaahahanix the II said:

Which one? 

Tracey chapman by chance? :D

It was Cher.

• Like 2

To have a voice like Tracy Chapman's, or Angie Harmon's ... that would be amazing. I sing alto, but I find my speaking voice much too high.

Cher's vocal range matches mine, more or less (OK, it's probably just wishful thinking!), but I'm far from sounding like her, of course.

To have a 'list of voices' - esp. including husky female - that's so cool, @nerdperson777.

• Like 1
nerdperson777
1 hour ago, kiaroskuro said:

To have a voice like Tracy Chapman's, or Angie Harmon's ... that would be amazing. I sing alto, but I find my speaking voice much too high.

Cher's vocal range matches mine, more or less (OK, it's probably just wishful thinking!), but I'm far from sounding like her, of course.

To have a 'list of voices' - esp. including husky female - that's so cool, @nerdperson777.

I haven't recorded myself to tell how good the voice quality is but at least it was recognizable enough for my mom to point out.  It feels like I'm stifling my voice, but I guess that's what all unnatural voices are.

• Like 2

I'm actually very good at singing with a low pitch but I don't sing too often.

I only sing if I'm alone or to mock someone.

• Like 2
Siimo van der fietspad
On 10/25/2018 at 10:08 AM, ElasticPlanet said:

Yes it does, and yes it should!

I seem to have been collecting leggings in the last year or so. Just my luck always to find the right ones at the right price in autumn though, when it's starting to get too cold for them.

I really NEVER refer to them as 'meggings', and if anybody suspiciously asks 'why are you wearing tights?' I can always point to my running medals and how cold it gets on the start line as a diversion. Worn them to several places at work, in front of an orchestra and almost every day running now, got some priceless looks from 'the older generation', I just smile and wave.

• Like 2
ElasticPlanet
On 11/5/2018 at 11:28 PM, Siimo said:

if anybody suspiciously asks 'why are you wearing tights?'

That hasn't happened to me yet... and I bought most of my leggings in the women's section because those were the ones with the extra decorative features I wanted.

I tried to sew some of my own once, making a pattern by tracing round some cheapo thermal ones I'd bought years ago. I mean, they are basically leg-shaped, but something is wrong because I have to keep pulling the waist up every time it slips down. They're annoying so they never really get worn.

• Like 1
nerdperson777
3 hours ago, ElasticPlanet said:

That hasn't happened to me yet... and I bought most of my leggings in the women's section because those were the ones with the extra decorative features I wanted.

I tried to sew some of my own once, making a pattern by tracing round some cheapo thermal ones I'd bought years ago. I mean, they are basically leg-shaped, but something is wrong because I have to keep pulling the waist up every time it slips down. They're annoying so they never really get worn.

My late friend would tie a jacket around her waist to cover any extra parts.  There's a girl at the informed consent clinic who always covers herself with her purse.  But these are extra things on a person.

My positive moment of the week is that when I was taking a shower, I looked out at the mirrors and I was standing right where I can see two of them meet.  So the middle part of my body was not reflected.  I saw a flat masculine figure, aside from my thighs, which were wider than my hips.

• Like 2
Celyn: The Lutening

I'm actually much less self-conscious of singing than I used to be. I don't care anymore whether my singing's rubbish,  if one of my favourites comes on I'm singing along whether you like it or not.

Probably something to do with my depression being medicated away.

• Like 5
Anthracite_Impreza
48 minutes ago, Celyn said:

I'm actually much less self-conscious of singing than I used to be. I don't care anymore whether my singing's rubbish,  if one of my favourites comes on I'm singing along whether you like it or not.

I sing all the time, haters be hatin'.

• Like 2
nerdperson777
2 hours ago, Celyn said:

I'm constantly singing high pitches in my car.  I think soon I can really do it anytime anywhere, even with people around so that they'll be wondering how I can be so deep voiced but also have a high voice.

The highest pitch I can sing is apparently infrasound for some reason or high enough to cause migraines.

• Like 2
PixleyDust✨
On 10/13/2018 at 11:03 AM, Mezzo Forte said:

I always like to call myself travel-sized since I never need to worry about legroom and am really good at fitting into small spaces. :lol:

Oh my god ME TOO. I’m not smol, I’m travel-sized (or fun-sized, whichever). 🤣

tumblr_nvhi2iji5d1tpy7cvo4_540.gif

• Like 3

And I’m not travel sized at all. Men’s clothes fit me well. I buy the S and M and it’s fine. I thought people don’t grow tall at my age any more but I did grow a size and sometimes have to buy large sizes in women’s clothes. I still am in the normal range so there are clothes, but one size up and shops might be short of clothes for me. :P I have tall genes, it seems. That being said, I want to be cute sometimes and... it’s hard. 

• Like 3
Anthracite_Impreza

I am just above the average height for an AFAB in this country, 5'7". Very average and boring. I do have big feet though, I often trip up over them.

• Like 1

I frequently need to walk around on plane or car rides because if I don't...

I'll become spastic and irritable unless I have some of my favorite food or too busy watching videos.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Just Dani said:

Is that what we're called now, "travel-sized"? 🤣

Apparently. 😂