a gender positive thread

butterflydreams

9 hours ago, Celyn said:

Thank you! I sure missed my AVEN comrades :)

I'm glad to see you back!

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Celyn said:

Thank you! I sure missed my AVEN comrades :)

Welcome back.

• Like 1

Okay this is something I never thought i would say but I look cute dressed as a woman. I never thought i would say anything positive about my looks but here we are. 

• Like 11
Lonemathsytoothbrushthief

Am hoping starting MMA will stay fun, but also ouch muscles hurt from boxing yesterday. -_-

• Like 2

@Kimmie. that's awesome! Lots of hugs and my wishes that you'll have many more of those moments in the future too .❤️

• Like 1
On 9/30/2018 at 12:16 PM, Dani-Chan said:

@Kimmie. Congrats. I know the feeling - that moment when you try something on and it somehow fits you just right and looks good... It's almost magical! :) 

I sure wish that I had a lot more of those moments, tho... 

I feel that when I wear my denim jacket that I’ve covered in pins. Between the gender euphoria and massive amount of pocket space, I basically live in it in the fall.

Went to buy some winter jackets and coats today. I have some already but they feel too big on me, like I'm wearing hand me downs. Found a few things that fit better and I absolutely love them, wore the coat out of the store. As I went to try them on, a group of girls in front of me were told by staff that they couldn't use this floor's changing rooms because they're for men and children, women's are downstairs. I was let through :) 

• Like 6
Ms. Carolynne

I think this belongs, not anything in the real world, but I took a nap and did some lucid dreaming.

In short, I dreamed I was physically a girl and was enjoying the outdoors. I also had a little romantic fantasy towards the end.

It actually ended up helping a little with my gender dysphoria to take a nap and fantasize a bit.

• Like 5
Taylor Lilith

Okay so I had a shitty dysphoria type day--and still abm-- however it wasn't all bad.  I actually had a drink after work with ... Taylor.  My work is weird, there are 3 Jakes, 2 Hunters and for the first time in my entire life, I am working with someone with the same name as me.  Taylor is a cis woman.  We talked about our pasts and while we have talked in the past this one was a more genuine one.  She has lost years to a-typical antipsychotics like me.  She is empathetic to a fault like me.  She is really good at her job ... except front of house instead of back of house.  And we had a chat about mansplaining, misogyny, feminism, my history and such and we are very very similar and in the end she agreed, I'm not a strange woman for because I'm the trans kind nor is the level of compassion I show out of the ordinary for being a woman. It just appears that way because of how well I pass. Which is to say not at all.

It's still super cool when a person has that light bulb moment of awareness after an hour of talking.  Suddenly I was absolutely a woman just like her.  I love seeing that light bulb. ^_^❤️❤️

• Like 7
Emera_Vandus

I like my eye color. I’ve heard someone say they’ve never seen an eye color quite like it (my eyes are a bluish-grayish green, and my left eye has a yellow spot in it, so I guess that means partial heterochromia? I do wish I could find a colored pencil I could use to draw that color for my persona tho.).  I also like the fact that I’ve got a rapid metabolism and have a fairly androgynous body type (I’ve got somewhat narrow shoulders, and little visible muscle mass in my torso area, so I can (possibly) look somewhat feminine if I was wearing a really baggy sweatshirt, but still easily look more masculine just by ditching the sweatshirt, which is useful for when my gender fluctuates. (Too bad sweatshirts are against school dress code). 

Also I’m ok with my height as well. I’m fairly tall, probably around 5’11 or 6 feet, so it makes it easy to get stuff from high shelves. 

And my surprising lack of body hair, which makes it easier to for Me to feel more neutral.

(would put my normal hair, but it’s not long enough yet. I’m waiting for it to grow out some so I can style it better)

oh yeah, I also like that my hands are small enough to be really coordinated at doing tiny details on my clay keychains, and my drawings. Very useful.

• Like 5
Taylor Lilith

@Emera_Vandus, I'm very similar. I don't grow a lot of body hair. My feet are the small enough that shoes my size are still sold in stores. My fingers are smol and girly and I can wear feminine jewelry because I'm in that size range. My band size for bras doesn't require special order. My shirt size is available in women's online. I have long eyelashes and legs for days. And perty eyes. 

Looking at my female family members....I'm pretty sure I'll be gorgeous when I actually start E. I still can't pass or get anywhere close but when it finally comes together, I'm perty sure I'll be on point. ^_^

• Like 6

Everyone here, I'm glad you've got so much positivity in your day and hope it stays good. ^_^❤️ Personally I feel like the opposite. I always used to hate my body shape because my mum spent so much time a) fat shaming me when I don't even have more than a couple pounds, and b) hating her body for her big bottom, which I also have hence internalised. But now I'm doing martial arts I feel like my body shape works well, even though I'm short I have chunky powerful legs and now I'm doing all the boxing and grappling etc my arms are getting muscular really quickly 8) so eventually I feel like it'll entirely get rid of my hip dysphoria, because they're much less noticeable when you generally have large legs, arms and a stocky sort of build.

All of this really helps me feel as masculine as I want, but I still feel like I can be a cute but badass woman on my female days with my haircut. ^_^ I honestly can't wait to transition either, but I'll feel even better about it if I've also spent the last few years getting stronger. And heck, I'll be better at figure skating too because I'll have so much more endurance when it comes to sit spins and the likes. In general, sports are doing double time to both make me feel good on bad dysphoria days and on bad housemates-being-manipulative-jerks days.

• Like 5
On 3/5/2017 at 2:10 PM, Mezzo Forte said:

Just shy of that myself, actually.

I'm 158cm (5'2.5")

I’m 5’0! I just like to think of myself as a gravitationally challenged cutie 😂

• Like 4
nerdperson777
1 hour ago, Lonemathsytoothbrushthief said:

Everyone here, I'm glad you've got so much positivity in your day and hope it stays good. ^_^❤️ Personally I feel like the opposite. I always used to hate my body shape because my mum spent so much time a) fat shaming me when I don't even have more than a couple pounds, and b) hating her body for her big bottom, which I also have hence internalised. But now I'm doing martial arts I feel like my body shape works well, even though I'm short I have chunky powerful legs and now I'm doing all the boxing and grappling etc my arms are getting muscular really quickly 8) so eventually I feel like it'll entirely get rid of my hip dysphoria, because they're much less noticeable when you generally have large legs, arms and a stocky sort of build.

All of this really helps me feel as masculine as I want, but I still feel like I can be a cute but badass woman on my female days with my haircut. ^_^ I honestly can't wait to transition either, but I'll feel even better about it if I've also spent the last few years getting stronger. And heck, I'll be better at figure skating too because I'll have so much more endurance when it comes to sit spins and the likes. In general, sports are doing double time to both make me feel good on bad dysphoria days and on bad housemates-being-manipulative-jerks days.

My mom guilts me for eating snacks.  I started thinking, she eats more snacks than me, but now that she's decided to get braces (Invisalign), she eats snacks less because of it.

Join the thunder thighs club!  I have just leg muscle, no arms.  There's 3x more muscle in my legs than my arms.  The machine at work says my arms are each 5 pounds muscle and legs are 15.  My friend is only about 5 feet and calls herself a short chunk.  I guess I'm getting there since I weigh more than I mean to.  I've always had broad shoulders so I'll get that stocky look.  I just mostly need to drop almost 20 pounds of fat from my body and I'll be at an optimal zone.

The testosterone really helps with sports so much, I'm amazed.  My endurance went up like crazy.  I don't think I could've lasted by black belt test without it.  Now my leg is just about all healed and I'm landing my jumps.  I'm going a lot farther than I had envisioned.

There's this one trans guy on YouTube.  I just read a comment recently that said that he's only 5 feet tall.  After top surgery, he really bulked out his chest to make up for his height.  I was really amazed by that.  I wouldn't have believed that he was that short with his pecs and packs so it's definitely doing its job.

• Like 3
Taylor Lilith

I just spent 4 hours outside of my house looking for work shoes.  4. friggin. hours.  I'm a full time line cook so I need to have shoes I know will work.  There were some problems with men being terrified of accidentally buying women's shoes

~HOWEVER~

1 it turns out the style I was wearing that was unisex was moved to women's

1.  The ones that did work best and were the most comfortable are women's.  It's the first time I have ever bought women's clothing in a way that is actually for functionality.  Also the first time I have bought women's shoes.

I feel so .... womanly.

• Like 7
Taylor Lilith
23 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

The testosterone really helps with sports so much, I'm amazed.  My endurance went up like crazy

This is something that terrifies me about estrogen.  Everyone always says,

"I knew it would kill my muscle strength but i am surprised just HOW much it did."

Makes me very very nervous that everyone is ALWAYS surprised.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Taylor Lilith said:

This is something that terrifies me about estrogen.  Everyone always says,

"I knew it would kill my muscle strength but i am surprised just HOW much it did."

Makes me very very nervous that everyone is ALWAYS surprised.

Well I jumped right into 8hrs a week of boxing, muay thai and bjj and although I'm sore I definitely don't feel weak, despite the lack of testosterone. ^_^ I think the point is, you may lose muscle quicker than without estrogen, but that doesn't mean you can't still be as strong as you like. I mean that difference doesn't mean all that much unless you're only comparing yourself to people at a similarly really high level, I think cis men just add to it too much idk. Obviously there's a difference, but people with estrogen based bodies can achieve tonnes too. Coming at this from a different angle as an AFAB  person who's trying to make up for probably not getting access to HRT for a year or two even.

• Like 3
Taylor Lilith
3 minutes ago, Lonemathsytoothbrushthief said:

Well I jumped right into 8hrs a week of boxing, muay thai and bjj and although I'm sore I definitely don't feel weak, despite the lack of testosterone. ^_^ I think the point is, you may lose muscle quicker than without estrogen, but that doesn't mean you can't still be as strong as you like. I mean that difference doesn't mean all that much unless you're only comparing yourself to people at a similarly really high level, I think cis men just add to it too much idk. Obviously there's a difference, but people with estrogen based bodies can achieve tonnes too.

I have just always been prone to being physically weak and been insulted for it. I still sometimes have troubles lifting stuff. I'm sure I'll adapt since I once couldn't lift 5 sheet pans over my head at once but ... still .... it makes me very nervous when my job is an active one. 

• Like 1

When/if i start HRT i will probably start to go to a gym. But not until then i don´t want to add more muscle then i already have.

1 hour ago, Lonemathsytoothbrushthief said:

Hugs to @Taylor Lilith and @Kimmie. sounds like a plan. ^_^

Yeah i want curves. Hips, butt and a waist and maybe a little toned stomach. I really hope that it is possible without going under the knife.

• Like 2
nerdperson777
22 hours ago, Lonemathsytoothbrushthief said:

Well I jumped right into 8hrs a week of boxing, muay thai and bjj and although I'm sore I definitely don't feel weak, despite the lack of testosterone. ^_^ I think the point is, you may lose muscle quicker than without estrogen, but that doesn't mean you can't still be as strong as you like. I mean that difference doesn't mean all that much unless you're only comparing yourself to people at a similarly really high level, I think cis men just add to it too much idk. Obviously there's a difference, but people with estrogen based bodies can achieve tonnes too. Coming at this from a different angle as an AFAB  person who's trying to make up for probably not getting access to HRT for a year or two even.

There was this cis woman that came to Tai Chi class who was absolutely ripped.  She and her husband were just trying to find an exercise that would help with their stretching to assist in their weightlifting.  Her veins were all over her arms.  I noticed when she was lying on the floor for some of the breathing exercises her boobs retained their shape.  I took that to mean that her boobs were practically all muscle.  For most people with boobs, lying down would flatten them.  That's how I look flat when I'm on the floor.  Her husband still comes to class since our stretching is good enough for him but she wants more intense stretches.  I really have not seen anyone so muscular.  Maybe a few guys, but those were not memorable to me.  The other day people were saying that she follows a very strict diet to get those gains.  Way too hardcore for me.

• Like 2

Both my little sisters are in to power lifting so i know wery well that woman can be really strong. They are maybe not huge but they are strong as bears.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

Both my little sisters are in to power lifting so i know wery well that woman can be really strong. They are maybe not huge but they are strong as bears.

Sounds scary actually xD 

On 10/11/2018 at 11:01 AM, Phoenix the II said:

Sounds scary actually xD 

And they are super nice. They would not hurt a fly.

Edited by Kimmie.
i missed a word
  • Like 1
Celyn: The Lutening

I must be doing something right with my voice (mainly I sing along to my favourite artists with male or androgynous voices) because I spoke to my brother today and he said "What's happened to your voice? You sound exactly like me!"

The last time I heard my own voice was where I'd videoed Eddie on his walk and I was talking to my brothers. It did sound like there were 3 adolescent boys, not two and a female.

• Like 5
Fluffy Femme Guy

I'm shaved now, but I look good with a full beard too.

• Like 4