a gender positive thread

butterflydreams

Ms. Carolynne
16 hours ago, Phoenix the II said:

This thing is real :D ! Yayyyyyyyyy, *bounces across the room how familiar it all is* :P

What about this?

https://genderanalysis.net/articles/that-was-dysphoria-8-signs-and-symptoms-of-indirect-gender-dysphoria/

Yes, I've experienced a lot of that.

I've read that article before, back when I was first questioning. I read through it a second time recently as well.

If memory serves, I think you were the one who shared it the first time, might've been somebody else though 🤔

Taylor Lilith
17 hours ago, Phoenix the II said:

This thing is real :D ! Yayyyyyyyyy, *bounces across the room how familiar it all is* :P

What about this?

https://genderanalysis.net/articles/that-was-dysphoria-8-signs-and-symptoms-of-indirect-gender-dysphoria/

Well.... well sh*t. I guess I got more of that dysphoria than I thought X.X. 

• Like 2
PixleyDust✨
On 8/31/2018 at 1:46 PM, Dani-Chan said:

I quite enjoyed being referred to as a "person" and not having gender even part of the discussion.

Same, I identify with my girlhood, but "person" feels a lot better sometimes. Probably because "girl" feels so one-dimensional, like just one part of my experience (plus, problems with cissexism/objectification), while "person" makes me feel more whole, like it captures ALL of me, not just what's on the outside. Not just what people must expect of me, have treated me, stereotypes, or assumed or still feel safe in assuming about me.

Plus, being referred to a person, can feel like a nice, little vacation for me. Away from all the gender feels, what is mild dysphoria and what is actually just my experiences with cissexism, internalized misogyny/transphobia/homophobia, etc. Like, "Not sure if girl, not sure if boy, not sure if both. But person, YES. No matter what gender I am, I will always be THAT." :)

• Like 4
nerdperson777

Dang, that article.  Most of those reasons didn't have explicit references to gender either.

On 9/2/2018 at 9:16 AM, Anthracite_Impreza said:

I forgot to say, I bought a suit and tie, from the "men's" section. Don't think I can quite pull off dapper but I'll certainly be feeling it; love me a suit and tie. Ironic really because everyone always moaned I'd never dress "smartly", well that was because they were trying to get me in a blouse and high heels. Now they've accepted that ain't gonna happen I'll go full Kingsman on every formal occasion.ďťż

My mom's close friend's daughter is getting married.  I saw this invitation that my parents were invited and then I asked to go because I wanted to go to a gay wedding.  I just got a confirmation today that I can go.  I had this idea that I could get a suit from this one site I was shown.  As a martial artist, I like to be able to move around and one of my groups shared a video of some guy wearing a suit that allowed for all that movement.  I planned on getting one of those.  But then I asked my mom who told me that it wouldn't be that formal because it'll be a hot day in a hot city so I could just get by with a dress shirt and dress pants.  Well if I go to a martial arts wedding I guess I can get that.

• Like 2
Taylor Lilith

I wear padded bras often and this one makes me look like I actually have realistic boobs and also like I have like actual cleavage like even the top of where my chest meets the bra itself makes it look like I have actual boobs and it makes me so happy.

Yay for brathulu, chestpiece of the damned  ^_^.

• Like 6
Anthracite_Impreza
2 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

My mom's close friend's daughter is getting married.  I saw this invitation that my parents were invited and then I asked to go because I wanted to go to a gay wedding.  I just got a confirmation today that I can go.  I had this idea that I could get a suit from this one site I was shown.  As a martial artist, I like to be able to move around and one of my groups shared a video of some guy wearing a suit that allowed for all that movement.  I planned on getting one of those.  But then I asked my mom who told me that it wouldn't be that formal because it'll be a hot day in a hot city so I could just get by with a dress shirt and dress pants.  Well if I go to a martial arts wedding I guess I can get that.

Could, see. Not must ;) Go get that suit if you wanna wear it, I know I will!

• Like 2
Taylor Lilith

Preface:  I call my bras my boobs.  I own them.  I paid for them.  I would be an angery trans if I lost them or someone stole them.  They fool my brain into thinking I have boobs.  They are therefore, my boobs.

I've had people say I must really hate my boobs if I call them the chestpiece of the damned.  I actually really love brathulu but it's a funny story.  I'm genderfluid and get no top dysphoria agender.  So I would lose my boobs because I didn't need them.  Usually I would find them chilling in baking soda or something but the joke was, I needed to use the branomicon to summon brathulu, chest-piece of the damned from it's hiding place in the void so I could once more don the most powerful of trans body pieces.

Thus it became known as brathulu, chestpiece of the damned.  Here's a selfie of me wearing it a couple months ago.

29365675_202648667165178_746255024567563

• Like 7
PixleyDust✨
6 hours ago, Taylor Lilith said:

Preface:  I call my bras my boobs.  I own them.  I paid for them.  I would be an angery trans if I lost them or someone stole them.  They fool my brain into thinking I have boobs.  They are therefore, my boobs.

I've had people say I must really hate my boobs if I call them the chestpiece of the damned.  I actually really love brathulu but it's a funny story.  I'm genderfluid and get no top dysphoria agender.  So I would lose my boobs because I didn't need them.  Usually I would find them chilling in baking soda or something but the joke was, I needed to use the branomicon to summon brathulu, chest-piece of the damned from it's hiding place in the void so I could once more don the most powerful of trans body pieces.

Thus it became known as brathulu, chestpiece of the damned.  Here's a selfie of me wearing it a couple months ago.

29365675_202648667165178_746255024567563

That was a great story. I can honestly say I am personally a fan of brathulu, chestpiece of the damned. :lol:

• Like 5
Taylor Lilith
4 minutes ago, Pixley said:

That was a great story. I can honestly say I am personally a fan of brathulu, chestpiece of the damned. :lol:

Same.  Like I'll show you an image where I was the same level of "happy" in each.  Like each time I felt like max happiness but like the max happiness was higher, if that makes sense?

29542641_207237723372939_318237211511918

I'm honestly really happy the top left picture was stowed somewhere I couldn't find when I destroyed all pictures of me with a beard.  It's a really good of example where I was happy but look at that dysphoria on my face.  It's plain as day.  That would have been taken in like May which was the first noticeable time as a woman in over a decade right before I realized I was trans like 2 weeks later.  It's a plain example of I am happier now than I ever was in the past because of dysphoria mitigation AND that I was experiencing dysphoria without admitting it.  I hate the picture with a passion but I am happy I have it. 

I was tucking in the bottom right picture too so it was like much euphoria, such happiness.  I have other bewbs but Brathulu is the BEST! =3

• Like 6
Taylor Lilith
27 minutes ago, Pixley said:

I am personally a fan of brathulu

this was what the same was to.  I felt it could be genuinely confusing what I was saying same to.  So I decided to clear up the same.

PixleyDust✨

So, a small, but noticeable slip of the tongue became the basis for an awesome little gender moment I had tonight.

It happened after my Uncle and I picked up my Mom from the airport after she spent a week in Tennessee helping a couple she's friends with move in to their new house. When we got back home, I grabbed my Mom's suitcase and asked her if she also wanted me to carry one of her bags since she seemed to be struggling with them. After telling me yes, my Uncle chimed in, "Yeah, be a good son...uh, daughter." 

I'm AFAB, genderfluid/NB, and DEEPLY in the closet, so that felt good in its own right, but it gets better. 

Because then I immediately, without hesitation, just chuckled back at him, "Either/or." Managed to even get a giggle out of him for good measure.

I'm peeking out of the gender closet one subtle joke at a time, sibs. Baby steps. 🤣

Note: I'm probably going to regret making that joke given my Mom's side of the family's history with homophobic/generally ignorant jokes and comments, but I'm going to ride this high for as long as I can cause I NAILED IT. 😎

tenor.gif?itemid=3661310

• Like 11

Today was my third day of my junior year of high school, which is my first year being out at school in any capacity outside of GSA meetings, and one of my classmates used my chosen name for the first time today! I’m technically not out as trans to any of my classmates yet, they just know I’m not using my deadname anymore, but hopefully someone will ask about my name change soon so I’ll have a natural opening to come out.

• 2 weeks later...
Lonemathsytoothbrushthief

I GOT MY GENDER CLINIC REFERRAL WOOOOOOO ❤️ :D❤️

Also @Jona I used to identify more with tomboy aesthetics. Now I say I'm gender fluid, half trans guy and my ideal self is all punk aesthetics with lots of black and cool hair. My friend's poster pretty much sums it up but also this.

tumblr_os2thtr0nW1t4sw5oo1_1280.jpg

• Like 7

I love being 5 feet tall to complete that Tiny Trans Twink Look™

Im surprised at how many straight girls have been open to going out with me (tho I only actually dated 1)

I don't "pass" at all and honestly I have no desire to.... my only desire is to be as fem twink as possible

• Like 4

I just got my hair cut back to the length I like it at, and I feel like I look really masculine other than my chest. (I haven’t been binding since I’m getting over a cold and have been congested on and off for the past week.) With short hair and men’s pants, even my parents have told me I sort of pass. Plus, with the weather near me lately, I’ve been living in my denim jacket, which works wonders for hiding my chest when I’m not binding, in addition to being the gayest article of clothing I own. I have two pride pins and a pronoun pin on it.

Top surgery is scheduled for February 12th next year, as December is totally booked and that is the first day available. I might have to take my black belt test privately if I don't want to worry about healing in time for the June test. I guess now is time to ask that teenage kid if he did have surgery because I still can't tell if he did. I just know he said he had a cancer in his lung that made him leave for a few months. I think he would've either gotten periaereolar or DI though. 

• Like 6

Some photos i took this weekend. I have already posted them in the CLC thread but i thought i could do it here to.

Spoiler

DSC_1028_01.jpg

DSC_1028.jpg

• Like 6
Celyn: The Lutening

At work I get loads of "Sir's" if I wear a button-up. I've told everyone who's "Sir'd" me that they can carry on.

Also, I'm not dead! Just was temporarily internet-less.

• Like 7
Celyn: The Lutening
20 hours ago, Dani-Chan said:

@Celyn Welcome back! (^o^)/ 

Thank you! I sure missed my AVEN comrades :)

• Like 5
PixleyDust✨
1 hour ago, Celyn said:

Thank you! I sure missed my AVEN comrades :)

Oh my gosh, WELCOME BACK CELYN!! ✨😱✨

Missed my favorite bigender bro in arms. 😎👉👉

Awesome to hear you’re getting the gender props you deserve at work. Noice. 👍✨

• Like 3