a gender positive thread

butterflydreams

1 hour ago, Starbogen said:

So I graduated uni today but the thing I was honestly most excited about was finally getting to wear a full suit for the first time and it was awesome! XD

Congratulations! (on either or both) :D :cake: 

• Like 3
nerdperson777

I have a co-worker who addresses the group in email by squad.  I actually kind of like that, it's nice and neutral.

Hey Squad.

• Like 9
  • 2 weeks later...

I had to pray for my great-grandparents and my dad literally prayed: 

"Oh grandparents, it's me your grandson. I brought my children with me today. Please bless their studies with fortune and please watch over my daughter and son."

• Like 1
AcornCarvings

It's been a long couple of weeks for me when it comes to how I feel about my gender and my body, but I got to talk to my friend from school last night and even though I'm not fully out to them I still got to be myself more and let off some of that stress.

I felt good being me for the first time in a little while.

• Like 2
Celyn: The Lutening

I met two males who were about my height recently! And one is confirmed cis (bio kids with woman). My height is the one thing I won't be able to change, so I'm basically like Edward Elric (of FMA) about it.

• Like 4

Walking the dog through the park.

Toddler: Doggy! *Lurches towards us*

Mother: Ask the..................................*visibly confused*.........................owner if you can pat their dog.

Toddler: Can I pat?

Me: Sure, Eddie loves pats!

Thankyou, park woman for learning to use gender-neutral language.

• Like 8

This happened on the airplane when I was motion sick and pale. I sat between two women and my mom wanted to switch places with them to take care of me.

old lady: sorry, I can't. Ask the young lady over there.

young woman: *headphones on*

old lady: *to young woman* Hey you! someone is asking if she can switch places with you to sit with her sick son.

young woman: *headphones off* sorry, what did you say?

my mom: Sorry miss, but can I switch places with you? Because my........ child is feeling sick.

I was holding my laughter in and thinking 'did my mom just hesitated?'

It's so funny to see my parents being like that.

• Like 4
nerdperson777
1 hour ago, Steinax said:

This happened on the airplane when I was motion sick and pale. I sat between two women and my mom wanted to switch places with them to take care of me.

old lady: sorry, I can't. Ask the young lady over there.

young woman: *headphones on*

old lady: *to young woman* Hey you! someone is asking if she can switch places with you to sit with her sick son.

young woman: *headphones off* sorry, what did you say?

my mom: Sorry miss, but can I switch places with you? Because my........ child is feeling sick.

I was holding my laughter in and thinking 'did my mom just hesitated?'

It's so funny to see my parents being like that.

I notice when my mom says my name instead of misgendering me.  She does hesitate sometimes.  It does get amusing.

On 7/31/2018 at 1:22 AM, Celyn said:

I met two males who were about my height recently! And one is confirmed cis (bio kids with woman). My height is the one thing I won't be able to change, so I'm basically like Edward Elric (of FMA) about it.

I'm 6' 1" so I can relate to the height thing. My physiotherapist is 6' so maybe some women are tall. Yes, she's a cis woman. She said she has been called 'sir' before because of her height. Imbeciles...

nerdperson777
5 minutes ago, Princess Merida said:

I'm 6' 1" so I can relate to the height thing. My physiotherapist is 6' so maybe some women are tall. Yes, she's a cis woman. She said she has been called 'sir' before because of her height. Imbeciles...

My work has two tall women.  One says she's 5' 9" and I haven't asked the other.  I know it's not actually 6 feet but compared to me (5' 3.5") that's tall.  The first woman was riding in my car when we were going to get lunch.  She leaned the passenger seat really far inclined, like 45 degrees.  I guess her legs were too long to fit without doing that.

• Like 1
Just now, nerdperson777 said:

My work has two tall women.  One says she's 5' 9" and I haven't asked the other.  I know it's not actually 6 feet but compared to me (5' 3.5") that's tall.  The first woman was riding in my car when we were going to get lunch.  She leaned the passenger seat really far inclined, like 45 degrees.  I guess her legs were too long to fit without doing that.

If memory serves, women have longer legs than men (proportionately). My inner leg measurement is 34" whereas your colleague may have an inner leg measurement that is more like 36".

28 minutes ago, Princess Merida said:

My stepmum is about 5'9", only a little shorter than my dad. She has a lot of the same issues that trans women have - particularly finding it nigh impossible to find shoes and gloves that fit and trousers that are long enough, so often just wears men's stuff.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Celyn said:

My stepmum is about 5'9", only a little shorter than my dad. She has a lot of the same issues that trans women have - particularly finding it nigh impossible to find shoes and gloves that fit and trousers that are long enough, so often just wears men's stuff.

I thankfully have this site I can buy from: https://www.longtallsally.com/. There are some tall ranges in places like Top Shop too.

3 minutes ago, Princess Merida said:

I thankfully have this site I can buy from: https://www.longtallsally.com/. There are some tall ranges in places like Top Shop too.

Yep, my stepmum loves Long Tall Sally and Top Shop too!

2 hours ago, Celyn said:

Long Tall Sally

I buy stuff from that store (online only here), too. Especially good for long sleeves that don't end up being 3/4 sleeves! (and torsos that are long enough)

About the only place I can find women's jackets/coats that fit.

• Like 4
nerdperson777
6 hours ago, Princess Merida said:

If memory serves, women have longer legs than men (proportionately). My inner leg measurement is 34" whereas your colleague may have an inner leg measurement that is more like 36".

I remember also having a classmate who looked pretty normal height.  Then one day I saw her not sitting in her chair and she was suddenly a few inches taller than expected.

3 hours ago, daveb said:

I buy stuff from that store (online only here), too. Especially good for long sleeves that don't end up being 3/4 sleeves! (and torsos that are long enough)

About the only place I can find women's jackets/coats that fit.

I never really understood 3/4 sleeves.  It made me feel like my clothes don't fit.

• Like 2
nerdperson777

I overheard a partnership meeting my co-workers were having with another company.  I'm impressed that one of the representatives from that company actually said "all genders".

• Like 4
1 hour ago, nerdperson777 said:

I remember also having a classmate who looked pretty normal height.  Then one day I saw her not sitting in her chair and she was suddenly a few inches taller than expected.

I never really understood 3/4 sleeves.  It made me feel like my clothes don't fit.

What about capri pants? 

(remind me of what we used to call highwaters - because it looks like your pants are hiked up to avoid rising water) :P 

nerdperson777
1 hour ago, daveb said:

What about capri pants? 

(remind me of what we used to call highwaters - because it looks like your pants are hiked up to avoid rising water) :P 

I've never had them so I can't say.  I only had long pants like jeans or exercise pants, then shorts.

Anthracite_Impreza
20 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I overheard a partnership meeting my co-workers were having with another company.  I'm impressed that one of the representatives from that company actually said "all genders".

This genuinely made my jaw drop.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the right place to put it but.... Sometimes i wish i had a male body. not because i want to be male or because feel male. It's just a wish to have greater muscle mass and a better weight to muscle ratio. Suppose that what comes from being highly competitive with sports I guess.

nerdperson777
4 hours ago, Tintinfan said:

Not sure if this is the right place to put it but.... Sometimes i wish i had a male body. not because i want to be male or because feel male. It's just a wish to have greater muscle mass and a better weight to muscle ratio. Suppose that what comes from being highly competitive with sports I guess.

There are other gender threads around here for you to choose from.  Part of what I want is the greater muscle.  I'm trying to get back into competitive sports, but my injuries are still healing.

• Like 1
nerdperson777

My friends decided to go to a water park yesterday and I was kind of nervous changing in their men's room when we were leaving. I wasn't sure how I was to go about changing since the stall looked a bit cramped for changing and the whole place didn't look very sanitary. So then I was on these benches near the sinks figuring out how to change without anyone noticing. I saw this kid in front of me using a towel and thought, that's perfect. I'll tie my towel around my waist. (I don't know how to tie it properly.) I took awkwardly long getting my bottom half off with only one hand since I needed to hold my towel with the other. My top was incredibly easy though. I was able to be there in my undershirt and no one cared. I guess compared to all the man boobs I saw walking around the park, mine were really minimal. But yeah, I managed to change in the men's room without anyone finding out. 

While I'm freaking out, I saw some old guy who didn't seem to be care about his parts hanging out. I saw white pubes and he was casually just untangling his underwear to put on. I guess he thought it was okay since no one was directly in front of him and I was to his side. I wonder what kind of phenomenon is this "showing dick" stuff. Many cis guys seem very open about theirs. 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

how to change without anyone noticing

I would think most guys wouldn't be looking too closely anyway.

As for your spoiler

Spoiler

I think there are at least a couple of aspects to it. 1. It's just an appendage, like boobs are for some women. 2. When you're in a public changing room with other guys sometimes you just have to ignore the fact that you might be naked and exposed. 3. The older guy probably has had to change in public changing rooms often enough that it's not an issue for him. Many of us who grew up male probably had to do that a lot in places like junior high/high school PE. It's probably not a matter of trying to show it, but more a matter of it's just there and nothing to hide or be embarrassed about in that sort of circumstance. :)

nerdperson777
16 hours ago, daveb said:

I would think most guys wouldn't be looking too closely anyway.

As for your spoiler

Hide contents

I think there are at least a couple of aspects to it. 1. It's just an appendage, like boobs are for some women. 2. When you're in a public changing room with other guys sometimes you just have to ignore the fact that you might be naked and exposed. 3. The older guy probably has had to change in public changing rooms often enough that it's not an issue for him. Many of us who grew up male probably had to do that a lot in places like junior high/high school PE. It's probably not a matter of trying to show it, but more a matter of it's just there and nothing to hide or be embarrassed about in that sort of circumstance. :)

It might also be an old man thing.  Sometimes my mom goes to walk the dog in the park and there's this old guy that pees on the grass sometimes.  Once mom said that he wasn't even facing the other way from most people, it was directly at her!  Then his pee made a parabola up and down.  She didn't see anything but she was judging that this old guy was doing that out in public in front of other people.  Later dad said that he remembers seeing that guy in the park and justified that it was okay because he's old.  His rationale is that old people have smaller bladders so then they are allowed to pee outside.  He justifies many things that don't even make sense just because society says it's okay now, like gender inequality.  He just accepts it as is, but it's easy for him when society has no reason to discriminate against him at all.

6 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

It might also be an old man thing. 

Um, no. And public urination is not acceptable or normal.

• Like 1
Anthracite_Impreza
7 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

there's this old guy that pees on the grass sometimes.

This is very illegal 😐

Aoi Android

Oddly enough, the anime and furry community have made me feel better about my body. For whatever reason, there's a lot of non-binary and male characters are drawn with pear-shaped bodies. Legit, having seen that growing up and seeing friends with these characters, I no longer feel weird that my body was weird for being pear-shaped.  Of course, I now know that body type isn't limited to gender, as all kinds of people have all kinds of bodies.

I still would like to bind properly, but in terms of the rest of my body, I'm pretty content and I don't beat myself up over my body anymore. Plus I'm starting a new job soon so I can start buying clothes to look how I want!

• Like 5