a gender positive thread

butterflydreams

butterflydreams

A lot of our discussions on gender and our bodies tends to focus on the things we don't like, or feel dysphoria regarding. I'm not trying to diminish those struggles in any way. Believe me, I know too well that it's a constant tide in/tide out battle every day. But I was wondering if people might find it useful to think about and share some things about themselves and especially their bodies that they do like. Sort of a way to take attention off the things we struggle with and focus on the good bits, no matter how small, if only just for a moment.

Let's hear it! Maybe your eyes are super pretty. Maybe you have perfect pitch. Whatever it is, no matter how small, I want to hear it!

• Like 33

I love my hairstyle :):) *inserts HTTYD gif because I like to*

giphy.gif

• Like 15
NerotheReaper

I guess my eyes are kind of cool, they change colors kind of

• Like 14
Mezzo Forte

I prided myself in my broad shoulders long before I ever had any clue why I would, and HRT has only made them broader. :) 

• Like 12
SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I like it that I'm female, rarely get sick and can sleep for 6 hours and be GREAT the next day.

• Like 11
The-world-is-quiet-here

Thanks for starting this thread, @Hadley167! I was hoping someone would start something like this. :D

Hmmm... I like my eyes, and I like that the glasses I have match my eyes (they're both a kind of dark green). I like my scars. Sometimes I like my chest, but it depends on the day.

• Like 8

Sometimes I feel pretty and I enjoy that feeling. And sometimes I feel like a bruiser and I enjoy that feeling too.

• Like 14

I like that I don't have a lot of body hair and that my facial hair is light in color so I don't get a heavy beard shadow. I like my legs. I like that my general build and facial structure aren't overly "manly", so I can look semi-decent when I dress up. I like that my feet aren't too too big, so that often enough I can find nice shoes in my size even in regular stores (if they go above US women's size 9 they usually go up just enough to include my size).

• Like 13
AVEN #1 fan
2 hours ago, CakeSpadeAce said:

I have found a way to bind (during my agender days) that doesn't damage my breasts (for my ultrafeminine days) :D

Nice, what's it?

I like my brain... I use it more than my body.

• Like 4

I love my hair: It's dark brown/black, thick, curly, and reaches down to the tops of my breasts.  I wash, condition, and brush it every day to keep it nice and silky smooth, and I get lots of compliments about it!  Long hair was something I always wanted to have (basically one of the very few truly early signs that I was trans, if I think about it), but was always discouraged from having.  My first puberty turning my once-pin-straight hair into a big ol' Jew-fro did not help matters, either.  It wasn't until I was nineteen, and freshly coming to the realization that I was non-binary, that I finally decided to just start growing my hair out; after all, it was something I had always wanted to do, so what time like the present!  I'm so glad I did decide to do that, since my hair is one of the few parts of my body that I am always confident about!

• Like 11

I've always thought my eyes were kinda cool. They're blue, but they've got a rim of gold around the pupil and some purple on the very edge of the iris. It's neat. Also I like my super long hair. :) 

• Like 7

Sometimes I find clothes that I like AND that fit. Then I look in the mirror and think: "Yup, that's me. That's great. I like it" You'll hardly ever see me smiling more broadly.

• Like 13
babybluesnowpants

I like my hair. It's kinda short and really fluffy and wavy. It's also a nice colour.

I also really like my voice. When I'm relaxed, it's low and kinda gravelly, but I can still sing in a high alto range.

• Like 10

I like my height and shoe size. I like my fingers and healthy fingernails and eyebrows. I like that I am good at repairing stuff. I love my glasses, I got them three years ago and they are the best ones I've ever owned, style-wise and durability-wise. I like my scars too even though people give me weird looks about them sometimes.

• Like 8

I like my eyes. They're quite basic and brown, but I like the shape they have. I llike my hands too, they're a bit manly and my fingers have weirds shape that I like.

I also like the fact that I can eat a lot without gaining too much weigh ahah.

• Like 7
Mezzo Forte
9 hours ago, The-world-is-quiet-here said:

Hmmm... I like my eyes, and I like that the glasses I have match my eyes (they're both a kind of dark green). 

My eyes are a dark (olive) green too, and on the occasions that I wear something with green in it, people act genuinely shocked by how green my eyes are. It's kinda fun. :P 

• Like 6
notfeelingit98

I like my hips, even though they make me look feminine - for some reason, it doesn't bother me, since they have a nice shape and feel like a part of me. My eyes are nice. My lips are nice. And sometimes I secretly like being so short (159 cm - that's like 5'2"), people think I'm cute and they are nicer to me. It also helps me get discounts on train tickets and such since I look like a child.

• Like 13

I like my hair, and the fact that nature (or Mom's genes, depends on how you look at it) gifted me with small breasts that tend to disappear in a sports bra and don't bother me when I run. I also like that my hands and feet are quite large for my overall size, they're somehow... solid. It's nice.

• Like 5

I like my eyes, and my tattoos are something I like as well. Did them all myself, still adding to'em.

• Like 8
J. van Deijck

I have beautiful eyes. yes I do.

also my style is awesome. I'm pretty unique.

• Like 9

My eyes are pretty i have been told.

• Like 5
ChillaKilla

I like my eyebrows, and my biceps and abs :D 

• Like 9
just an owl

This is a really nice thread :) I'd like to see it get pinned...

Well, I like my hair. Really happy I got it cut short. I quite like some of my body hair too, even though it's somewhat pale (being blonde). And I'm about 5'9", so I like my height.

• Like 7

I love that I've found a gender expression that feels right. I also really like how strong I am, and how much it always surprises people because no one really expects it from me.

• Like 8
J. van Deijck

oh, I like my height, too. I'm 5'10, it's pretty okay for a male. :3

• Like 7
ChillaKilla
1 hour ago, UVB-76 said:

oh, I like my height, too. I'm 5'10, it's pretty okay for a male. :3

suddenly I am angery at u

/only 172 cm

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

suddenly I am angery at u