a gender positive thread

butterflydreams

49 minutes ago, Celyn said:

Finally started progesterone = hopefully no more awful shark weeks.

Congrats!

nerdperson777
5 hours ago, Celyn said:

Does that make people more fat, or is it estrogen that does it?

Celyn: The Lutening
4 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

Does that make people more fat, or is it estrogen that does it?

Apparently less so than estrogen

Ms. Carolynne
On 6/4/2019 at 12:09 AM, Bloc said:

This sucks. Can you try a more androgynous or even femme look in your free time? Hope can do safely.

Here in Germany school regulations on hairstyle would violate the constitution, as the freedom of expression of personality is a basic right here.

Really? This sound like the 1st ammendment (here in the US) but cooler.

On 6/6/2019 at 1:40 AM, Calligraphette_Coe said:

You'll also likely pay a penalty after your school days when you enter into your working/career life. I know I have, but it's a price I've been willing to pay for the comfort it gives in return. Not that I can do much about my natural androgyny anyway, as I woud never have plastic surgery to 'correct' those.

Even though growing your hair and cultivating  an androgynous appearnce comes at a price, sometimes it gives back, too. It becomes a disadvantage that you have to overcome, and in doing that, you have to work harder and acheive more just to be in the same place in the competition. But, you learn not to shy away from that, it's like a harsh sun that cooks the bricks of your personal constitution into a fierceness that never lets you rest on your laurels. History is often made by people who say "We shall overcome." And then when you do, you find that that is one thing they can never take from you.

Make  your plans, hone your resolve and know that the present Now doesn't last forever. Be ready for the Next Step.

Yeah, this is bullshit. I'm expected to have short hair because I have a penis and present as male, but if I had a vagina and / or passed as female I could just pull it back into a pony tail? This is fucking stupid, but it's how corporate America works. I guess you just have to resist and overcome, there's still a lot of sexist nonsense out there.

• Like 5
On 6/19/2019 at 8:51 PM, Celyn said:

Update: was prepared for side effects like worse depression, acne, more female fat deposition.

Got none of that. And my uterus is in it's room, making no noise and pretending it doesn't exist.

I feel way less mental dysphoria too, it's like that blanket of random emotions covering me has been lifted and I'm free to be myself. 

Pretty great.

• Like 10
no-longer-in-use
16 minutes ago, Celyn said:

Update: was prepared for side effects like worse depression, acne, more female fat deposition.

Got none of that. And my uterus is in it's room, making no noise and pretending it doesn't exist.

I feel way less mental dysphoria too, it's like that blanket of random emotions covering me has been lifted and I'm free to be myself. 

Pretty great.

I'm so happy for you, Celyn!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Celyn said:

Pretty great.

Yay! Congrats Celyn.

• Like 4
QuirkyGeek
On 7/1/2019 at 4:27 PM, Celyn said:

Pretty great.

Congratulations Celyn! That's great!

• Like 2
On 2/26/2019 at 8:32 AM, StomachGod said:

I had this problem for a little while..... luckily mine has mostly restored itself...
I am so so so glad... One of those big things as you know...

How did that happen? I thought that once it's gone, it's gone on the top of your head?

4 hours ago, Acing It said:

How did that happen? I thought that once it's gone, it's gone on the top of your head?

Some regrowth is possible if you remove testosterone from the system.
Not everything comes back, it depends on multiple factors. I got pretty lucky.

• Like 3
On 7/1/2019 at 12:27 PM, Celyn said:

Pretty great.

Congratulations. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Using female forms of nouns when talking about myself just feels right. But it is still something I need to get used to. But it is nice to have a space where I can do it safely, especially as my body dysphoria is stronger this week and I need to tuck all day also at work where I am not out.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Top surgery was achieved and went better than even I had hoped! Because I'd lost weight and gotten fitter since my initial consult they were able to do the pedicle technique I'd wanted. And it turns out I knock out easy and haven't needed much in terms of painkillers at all. Nor has bruising been an issue. It's all gone amazingly so far. I'm one week into the healing process :D

• Like 14

That's amazing, I'm so happy for you!!!

• Like 5

Congratulations! That's great!

• Like 3

It's all so good feeling and its only been a week and a bit into recovery. The weird part? It already feels totally normal. It took me longer to get used to having short hair!

• Like 8

Ooooh I'm jealous!! But mostly happy for you! 

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
nerdperson777

I got advertised a comic that sounded good so I tried to binge read it.  It was about a trans man (probably pre-T) and he by chance came across an old frenemy's resume when hiring people for his business.  It's complicated, as they were friends but the last time he interacted with the frenemy was 5 years ago and ended badly.  He was still interacting publicly as a girl.  The frenemy was trying hard to not get to close during the job and was constantly sabotaging herself with her bad temper.  Then there was a dinner with potential business partners who drank a lot and she was a very light drinker.  She tried to take a taxi home but just got in a random car because she was totally drunk.  The guy went through a lot trying to get her home while trying not to be outed.  And that's the last that I've read.

I was wondering why I was enjoying this comic so much, and then I realized, this was like my squish fantasies.  I would be a hero for my friend who got stuck in some dangerous situation (which would never happen in reality because I was the most timid mouse you've ever seen).  I feel theoretically straight again.

• Like 1
nerdperson777
On 8/21/2019 at 10:49 PM, nerdperson777 said:

I got advertised a comic that sounded good so I tried to binge read it.  It was about a trans man (probably pre-T) and he by chance came across an old frenemy's resume when hiring people for his business.  It's complicated, as they were friends but the last time he interacted with the frenemy was 5 years ago and ended badly.  He was still interacting publicly as a girl.  The frenemy was trying hard to not get to close during the job and was constantly sabotaging herself with her bad temper.  Then there was a dinner with potential business partners who drank a lot and she was a very light drinker.  She tried to take a taxi home but just got in a random car because she was totally drunk.  The guy went through a lot trying to get her home while trying not to be outed.  And that's the last that I've read.

I was wondering why I was enjoying this comic so much, and then I realized, this was like my squish fantasies.  I would be a hero for my friend who got stuck in some dangerous situation (which would never happen in reality because I was the most timid mouse you've ever seen).  I feel theoretically straight again.

Well, I realized that the comic wasn't about a trans man (disappoint), and there's some compulsive heterosexuality in it.  He was dressing up as his comatose sister, who everyone thought committed suicide, to find out who did it to her.  He thought if word got out she was still alive, the criminal would return and he would catch him.  Meanwhile, he was trying to get in a relationship with that frenemy.  I really don't know how he passed as female so well, but comic logic.  I managed to binge the whole rest of the comic today but it's not over.  There's one more season but it has only started a few episodes in the original language recently so it may be a while before I know what happens.  I don't know why I'm so interested in a romance story when I don't even like romance.  Maybe I just ignored all the kissing and looked at the emotional connection.  Maybe I want to be that guy without the kissing.  I don't know if it's my gender changing or just my feelings, but I feel more masculine reading that comic, while I go outside and act more feminine.

(Please tag me instead)

My dentist called me mister. At first, I was confused and then I tried hard not to laugh or look too happy about it.

Dentist: "Mr. [last name]" *pause*

My sister: *looked at me* "...?"

Me: *confused thinking*  'Huh, dad (isn't it my appointment)?'

Dentist: "[my first name]"

Me: *tries not to laugh/smile too much*

My sister: *tries not to laugh* "pfft mr. [last name], I pretty sure said [gendered sibling] over the phone."

• Like 4

I love that cooler weather makes it easier for me to present androgynously, since I can wear more clothing.

• Like 7

I have to catalogue the gender positive moments of my holiday...

Auntie: "You're the absolute spit of your dad at your age!"

Godfather: "Wow, to move to a new country is so brave, you have huge balls of steel, can you walk with those?"

Nan, introducing me: "This is my son's...offspring." (I found this particularly adorable as she tried to find a gender neutral word)

• Like 7
nerdperson777
On 8/29/2019 at 3:15 AM, Celyn said:

I have to catalogue the gender positive moments of my holiday...

Auntie: "You're the absolute spit of your dad at your age!"

Godfather: "Wow, to move to a new country is so brave, you have huge balls of steel, can you walk with those?"

Nan, introducing me: "This is my son's...offspring." (I found this particularly adorable as she tried to find a gender neutral word)

I remember seeing a thing where some mom tried to find a neutral word for baby girl, and it became baby goat.

• Like 5
59 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

I remember seeing a thing where some mom tried to find a neutral word for baby girl, and it became baby goat.

Uhh. What the...