a gender positive thread

butterflydreams

3 minutes ago, Calligraphette_Coe said:

Whereas I look like Margaret Hamilton. :)

The actress or the computer scientist?

Calligraphette_Coe
5 minutes ago, daveb said:

The actress or the computer scientist?

<------ as my avatar shows, I do a good Wicked Witch of the West. 😜

2 minutes ago, Calligraphette_Coe said:

<------ as my avatar shows, I do a good Wicked Witch of the West. 😜

Nah, more like Glinda the good witch. :) 

Calligraphette_Coe
15 minutes ago, daveb said:

Nah, more like Glinda the good witch. :) 

LOL! Well, all I can say is that avatar is what I really look like from the neck up.

BTW, of all the books in my collection, I never yet found one that had L. Frank Baum's major titles in the Wizard of Oz series. One of my earliest memories was of reading about the boy named Tip in one of the books, who was actually the Princess Ozma that the witch Mombi turned into a boy to hide her. I sure grew up feeling like that!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Calligraphette_Coe said:

LOL! Well, all I can say is that avatar is what I really look like from the neck up.

At least it is you.

My pic was doctored by faceapp. Here's what the original looks like:

Spoiler

DSCN1255.jpg

• Like 1

I tried the faceapp but I was horrified by the result.

6 minutes ago, Just Dani said:

I'm too scared to even try it... 😱😱😱

It was so bad, 

it gave me a nightmare. 

I think it might have been the lighting or Computers simply love to harass me. 

Hmmm, it seems to work pretty well for me generally (but I don't keep the pics that don't turn out well). I mean, it made that pic look better. :) 

• Like 1
Calligraphette_Coe
5 hours ago, daveb said:

At least it is you.

Enh, I get a lot of help from Loreal.  I just fight going grey tooth and nail with it, and I'm reminded every time I put on those plastic gloves to color my hair that they barely fit and those are hard to hide. And even 35 years of estradiol wouldn't have done much to help, but gosh, I really wish that I had had the opportunity.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ColeHW said:

It was so bad, 

it gave me a nightmare. 

I think it might have been the lighting or Computers simply love to harass me. 

I've always thought that cameras hate me, but who knows? Maybe the computer software will hate me as well! 🤣

I actually like my face in certain angles.

• Like 2
On 6/10/2019 at 5:24 AM, daveb said:

Hmmm, it seems to work pretty well for me generally (but I don't keep the pics that don't turn out well). I mean, it made that pic look better. :) 

Have you tried to run the same photo several times? It is kind of fun.

8 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

Have you tried to run the same photo several times? It is kind of fun.

You mean process the photo, then process the result of that, then process the result of that, etc.? I hadn't thought of that. :) 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, daveb said:

You mean process the photo, then process the result of that, then process the result of that, etc.? I hadn't thought of that. :) 

It is fun. 

Spoiler

Face-App-1502102189730.jpg

Face-App-1493213874513.jpg

Face-App-1502198931046.jpg

• Like 8
nerdperson777

@Kimmie. Looks so good!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

@Kimmie. Looks so good!

Thank you.

You can always dream right?   I personally love the first one.

• Like 4
Calligraphette_Coe

Reading this last group of posts, I find myself wondering if using makeup isn't seen as somehow 'cheating'.  With this androgynous body and face but the gender identity of the opposite polarity of what it says on my official papers, I just feel like its like pigments on a blank canvas that paints a picture I feel down into my bones. Sometimes I'm ' ma'am' and sometimes i'm 'sir', but when I do makeup is the only time the 'art' seems right.

Does art imitate life.... or vice versa?

29 minutes ago, Calligraphette_Coe said:

Reading this last group of posts, I find myself wondering if using makeup isn't seen as somehow 'cheating'.  With this androgynous body and face but the gender identity of the opposite polarity of what it says on my official papers, I just feel like its like pigments on a blank canvas that paints a picture I feel down into my bones. Sometimes I'm ' ma'am' and sometimes i'm 'sir', but when I do makeup is the only time the 'art' seems right.

Is it possible to separate life and art?

For me makeup is not cheating. It is a way to make feel more comfortable. I don't know what it is which makes me feel this way. Is it that it is seen as unmasculine? Or the possibility to change my appearance? But I don't feel always like this. Sometimes makeup seems to expose all what I don't like of my face.

• Like 3

I don't know why makeup would be seen as cheating. It can be an art; it can be self-expression; it can be a confidence booster; it can be fun. It can be many things, but I don't see it as cheating. 

3 hours ago, Calligraphette_Coe said:

Yes

• Like 4
nerdperson777
17 hours ago, Calligraphette_Coe said:

I don't see how it's cheating.  Cis people use it for the same reason.  Why can't you?  I had a high school teacher go on a rant about why he thought it was strange for a student to be doing makeup in class.  This class was the very last class of the day and that student would just sit in her chair and do her makeup until class started.  Why didn't she do this in the bathroom?  Makeup does literally what it's called.  You "make up" your look.  It's not how someone really looks like, if we consider real to mean no makeup.  But at the same time, covering up all the blemishes can make one feel confident in their skin so the real personality can show.  Depends which part you think is the real and fake part.

• Like 5

If makeup is cheating then shaving and cutting once hair is too. 

So no it is not cheating at all. 

• Like 8

Just wished my nibling a happy parent day.  Thought I would also wish any other non-binary parents out there a happy parent day too!!

• Like 8
12 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

If makeup is cheating then shaving and cutting once hair is too. 

So no it is not cheating at all. 

Unless you purposely cut it on a day that the farmers almanac said it would speed up / slow down hair growth. 

ElasticPlanet
On 6/14/2019 at 3:37 PM, Calligraphette_Coe said:

With this androgynous body and face but the gender identity of the opposite polarity of what it says on my official papers, I just feel like its like pigments on a blank canvas that paints a picture I feel down into my bones. Sometimes I'm ' ma'am' and sometimes i'm 'sir', but when I do makeup is the only time the 'art' seems right.

For me, simply claiming the right to do 'art' on my face, to escape from male, has been one of the more important parts of this. [sits here typing this with eyeshadow that's probably somewhere on the bad side of mediocre, but is still important to me...]

• Like 6

I think I will publicly change my pronouns in the fall and maybe even come out as non-binary.

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, QuirkyGeek said:

I think I will publicly change my pronouns in the fall and maybe even come out as non-binary.

Break a leg!

• Like 3
no-longer-in-use
6 hours ago, QuirkyGeek said:

Yay!

• Like 1
Celyn: The Lutening

Finally started progesterone = hopefully no more awful shark weeks.

• Like 7