a gender positive thread

butterflydreams

Custard Cream

@daveb you look great - I especially love the blonde look!

• Like 3
21 hours ago, CustardCream said:

@daveb you look great - I especially love the blonde look!

Thanks, everyone!

I didn't think I could pull off the blonde look - which is kind of funny since I was a pale blond as a little kid (darkened up to medium brown as I got older, except my facial hair and body hair is still closer to blonde). Maybe I need to do some wig shopping... :) 

• Like 2

@daveb wow!! You look so natural and amazing!! 

If I would see you on the street i would not suspect a thing. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

@daveb wow!! You look so natural and amazing!! 

If I would see you on the street i would not suspect a thing. 

Thanks! But pictures are one thing and in person is another. :P 

• Like 2
Anthracite_Impreza

A stranger called me "he" today; apparently being covered in coal does wonders for making you look male xD

• Like 10
Ms. Carolynne
12 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

A stranger called me "he" today; apparently being covered in coal does wonders for making you look male xD

How did you wind up covered in coal?

Also, I thought this was the picture thread for a moment so I was expecting an image, lol.

• Like 4
Anthracite_Impreza
29 minutes ago, Ms. Carolynne said:

How did you wind up covered in coal?

I work on a heritage railway 🚂

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...
Mezzo Forte

I forgot to mention it, but yesterday (possibly still today in some time zones) was my 2 years post-op for my top surgery. :) I wasn't quite sure how to celebrate, so I ended up getting boba tea since tea seems to just be part of how I celebrate transition milestones at this point. :P 

• Like 6
Anthracite_Impreza

I got called Sir in my dream last night; I always wanted to be called a Sir xD I'm like Eggsy out of Kingsman - a skreg from a council estate who can also do a suit and formal environment :P

Spoiler

240?cb=20170910023108240?cb=20170910023717

• Like 6
nerdperson777
17 hours ago, Mezzo Forte said:

I forgot to mention it, but yesterday (possibly still today in some time zones) was my 2 years post-op for my top surgery. :) I wasn't quite sure how to celebrate, so I ended up getting boba tea since tea seems to just be part of how I celebrate transition milestones at this point. :P 

I get boba like every other day so I wonder how much celebrating I'm doing.  But if I cut down on that, I'd probably have a way lower percent body fat.  Also, the fat would be all coming from the milk because I don't get my tea with any sugar in it.  I had too much sugar in college so I skip the high and go straight to the crash whenever I have sugar.

I'll be 2 years in 2 months for T so maybe I need a plan for that.  My top surgery is probably on hold for a bit since I need a new updated consult and that appointment isn't for 3 weeks because this surgeon is so popular.

I also got my name change papers.  The informed consent clinic place did all the paperwork for me.  The lady there said that I just need to hand the stack to some legal place that I forgot the name of.  I looked them over and it looks like I'm changing my gender to male but my driver's license can be non-binary after I am officially male.  I was originally just asking for resources on how it works but I guess I'm just doing it.  *shrugs*  Waiting for my parents to freak out.

Then I'm not sure how long after top surgery I can get the hysterectomy.  I have that 3 year time limit if I want to avoid another pap smear.

• Like 3
Lonemathsytoothbrushthief

@nerdperson777 I'm happy for you :D just getting it over with when given the chance seems like a great plan!! ❤️

It's a sort of fuzzy gender positive thing but I'm going to work on phasing out the people in my life who are unaccepting. And also built up to finding a therapist.

• Like 3
Celyn: The Lutening

I got asked for pronouns outside of a LGBT+ group context for the first time.

THANK. YOU. 

• Like 6
Anthracite_Impreza
7 hours ago, Celyn said:

THANK. YOU. 

Where is this magical land and can we drive there?

• Like 4
Celyn: The Lutening
2 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

School, apparently. I guess the kids are growing up with this, as opposed to learning it. People resist changes in their schema.

• Like 2
Anthracite_Impreza
1 minute ago, Celyn said:

School, apparently. I guess the kids are growing up with this, as opposed to learning it. People resist changes in their schema.

Ironic, school was one of the worst places to be trans when I was growing up.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

My school is perfectly ok with pronouns and has a pretty strong GSA group although they don’t say it on their website because they think it will bring bad publicity.

• Like 1
ElasticPlanet
5 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:
13 hours ago, Celyn said:

THANK. YOU. 

Actually, as far as I can remember, the first time this happened to me was when I was being driven somewhere... or rather, back from somewhere... at about 2am.

• Like 1
ElasticPlanet
3 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:
3 hours ago, Celyn said:

Well, it was a while ago, but when I was in high school, we didn't know shit. The only things it was possible to be were straight, gay, bi, Wendy Carlos or Eddie Izzard... and the only thing you were allowed to be was straight. 😧

• Like 1
Comrade F&F

Barista: 'Sir, here's your coffee.'

Me: (AGAIN? What is it that makes me look like a sir? I come here almost every day, how do you mistake me for a sir?)

Not upset, just very perplexed.

Anthracite_Impreza
1 hour ago, ElasticPlanet said:

Actually, as far as I can remember, the first time this happened to me was when I was being driven somewhere... or rather, back from somewhere... at about 2am.

Well my cars have asked pronouns before, so that kinda works xD

• Like 1
nerdperson777
6 hours ago, Celyn said:

It's totally the old administration denying these things.  Kids are so willing to learn about different genders and sexualities while adults just want to keep them away from it so they can't identify as anything that isn't cishet.  I went to a family dinner and some extended cousin came with his daughter.  She was counting how many male and female cousins there were, counting me in the guys.  The father corrected her so she actually asked me directly if I was a girl.  "I don't think I am."  The father said, "we haven't discussed that with her yet."  Well, it sounds like it's never to be brought up.  She was "old enough" to be able to learn about these things.  There's no excuse.

But I have been needed less to explain asexuality so at least there's ace visibility out there.

• Like 3
ElasticPlanet
14 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

She was "old enough" to be able to learn about these things.  There's no excuse.

I agree, but I'd go further. Anyone able to talk is old enough. There is literally no age at which hearing about all the genders can harm a child, the way I and many others were harmed by not hearing about them.

If it confuses some of them, that's just a natural part of any learning curve. The right response to confusion is better, age-appropriate explanation, not acting as if the thing we're talking about doesn't exist.

• Like 4
nerdperson777

I'm going for my second degree black belt and I had my forms recorded as usual.  I uploaded them to my YouTube in the same playlist as my first degree.  There are yells in a few of the forms.  So I just decided to look at all my videos in the list, which currently includes my whole first degree and a little bit of my second degree.  I guess I went from sounding like 12-13 to 15-16.  That must be the difference between 5 months vs almost 2 years on T.  But I sometimes also make my voice higher than it really is since I can go quite low.

• Like 4
Comrade F&F

I pulled out some 'boyish' clothes (Collared shirt, vest, etc) put it on, and did up my hair. Then I looked in the mirror and saw a very androgynous me looking back. "Oh. That's why they called me sir."

That little discovery was actually really nice. 😁

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Feys&Florets said:

I pulled out some 'boyish' clothes (Collared shirt, vest, etc) put it on, and did up my hair. Then I looked in the mirror and saw a very androgynous me looking back. "Oh. That's why they called me sir."

That little discovery was actually really nice. 😁

Those little discoveries are always awesome! :D 

AcornCarvings

I've been coming out more and more at my college lately, and it feels really really amazing. I'm even out at work (even though they don't always gender me right).

I never thought I'd have a caring community that appreciated me for who I am, but I really feel like I have one now, and I have realized how important to me this all is, and become less mean and critical to myself about my gender. I feel so much more comfortable with my gender now, and I am questioning less (or maybe am more ok with the questioning that I am doing?).

I'm away at home for summer right now which is kind of a mess but it's comforting to me to know those people and that community are there.

• Like 5
AcornCarvings

oh also I borrowed my friend's blazer for her graduation since I had to dress up fancy, and I felt so good in it, it's the first time I've worn anything vaguely suit like and I felt a bit of euphoria about my outfit.

and a random person said they liked my bow tie!

• Like 7

Got back home yesterday after spending about 2 and a half days en femme (might post pics when I get some, if they look okay). I had a good time. But also happy to be home now. :) 

• Like 5