a gender positive thread

butterflydreams

Celyn: The Lutening
7 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

think maybe they're called hairbands?  That would differentiate them from headbands that are circular and go on the head horizontally.

I don't know what you mean by horizontally but I'm talking about the semicircular hard plastic things, not the circular elastic things - those have been worn by boys for decades.

• Like 1
nerdperson777
49 minutes ago, Celyn said:

I don't know what you mean by horizontally but I'm talking about the semicircular hard plastic things, not the circular elastic things - those have been worn by boys for decades.

The ones you were describing sound like the ones commonly in a vertical orientation.  The headbands I was thinking of was the ones people wore across the forehead, which would've been horizontal.  I guess I mean if they were flattened to show just the side profile, they would be vertical and horizontal respectively.

I know I'm harping on this a lot, but it makes me feel so good. Today I phoned the clinic to double check my surgery date and update my health insurance details with them, as well as make sure there's nothing else I need to do; seems I'll need to pick up a referral from my GP closer to the date for medicare reasons, but that's super easy. It was liberating and wonderful. July 30th, top surgery, here I come.

• Like 5

I have posted about this a lot on this site, but I really do like the way I look in crop tops. :D

EoGBD2t.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've realized that I can sing in both the alto and tenor registers, although tenor is easier for me.

• Like 2

I rediscovered a love for dresses and skirts once I realised that wearing them doesn't mean I'm a girl and it's amazing! I love how my legs are free and how dresses and skirts kind of swirl around me and I especially love pairing them with my scuffed up black army boots. 

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Eva River said:

I rediscovered a love for dresses and skirts once I realised that wearing them doesn't mean I'm a girl and it's amazing! I love how my legs are free and how dresses and skirts kind of swirl around me and I especially love pairing them with my scuffed up black army boots. 

Clothes like dresses and kilts are so much more comfortable in hot weather than trousers or shorts.

• Like 1
nerdperson777
On 4/21/2019 at 11:47 AM, Ardoise said:

I've realized that I can sing in both the alto and tenor registers, although tenor is easier for me.

It's so fun, isn't it?  My car playlist has too many alto and tenor voices for me to copy and very few baritones.  I feel like lately my mind has been imagining fangirl mode a lot, despite not being a girl.  I've been looking at a bunch of art projects that I want to work on and I bought some templates online so I'm kind of excited that my mind wants to fangirl.  If I let myself, I'd probably squeal.

nerdperson777

I had to resend some new photos to my top surgeon to have another initial consult.  I was thinking that my chest must've sagged a little from lack of binding since last year and I hope I don't have to go "up" a technique in invasiveness.  He said last time that I was eligible for keyhole with liposuction (I don't really know what the added liposuction would do for it).  Since I sent my photos last time with a medical website, I used the same website last night and I was able to see what photos I posted last time.  To my amazement, there's actually a visible difference between this year and last year.  I actually think I look less saggy.  The underboob area was more defined in the old photo and the overall boob did look bigger.  I must've gotten slimmer on T after a while from the fat redistribution.  I didn't think I was any different when someone told me that I looked skinnier but looking back at a video from a test I did right when I was preparing for surgery the first time, that was a little bit chunky.  I could see it in the butt very well.  My butt's getting smaller.  My face is probably still slimming down.  My whole body must be getting the effects.  I'll be surprised if I can't get keyhole again.

• Like 2

I went to a clothes-swap event today to get rid of some of my feminine clothes, and I was able to trade for some things that suit me so much better.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Ardoise said:

I went to a clothes-swap event today to get rid of some of my feminine clothes, and I was able to trade for some things that suit me so much better.

That's cool! I've never been to one of those, but I have heard of them! 😃

nerdperson777
1 hour ago, Just Dani said:

That's cool! I've never been to one of those, but I have heard of them! 😃

Well, my work has one for a different reason.  The company does weight loss so a patient suggested a clothing swap for them to get rid of their bigger clothes that they don't fit in anymore.  It ended up as a way to donate their clothes instead because literally no one showed up to the actual event.  We ended up posting a picture online of us employees wearing some of these clothes to get people to come.  I wondered if it could be seen as offensive because most of us aren't that big and we were wearing clothes that were much bigger than us at times.  I ended up in some women's orange blazer with huge shoulder pads so my co-workers thought I was upping my shoulders.  They thought this was kind of funny and I found it ironic that I was wearing something that I've normally felt dysphoric in, had I not transitioned.

Mezzo Forte

I know I’ve kind of disappeared from these boards since starting the PhD, but today marks 3 years on T for me. :) 

How fitting that I get to celebrate by presenting some of my trans advocacy research in the UK later today. After that, I’m definitely going to look for a tea shop since I always like having “X years on Tea” photos, and it’d probably be a crime if I didn’t get a photo like that while I’m in the UK. :P 

• Like 8

PhD work probably takes up a lot of your time. Especially with all of the research and presentations you do. Good luck with all of that! I'm sure you will "knock them dead". The x years on tea pic sounds like fun. :) 

• Like 2

Since the weather [in the northern hemisphere] has begun to get warmer, I have switched from my heavy snow-jacket to a lighter windbreaker. On a few exceptionally warm days, I realized I didn't even need it, so I tied it around my waist. Then I realized that the jacket in this position sort of billows outward to form a shape similar to a skirt, and now every time I do this I think "Haha! I'm basically wearing a skirt now and nobody notices or thinks it's abnormal! Mwahahaha, take THAT gender binary!"

• Like 5
Ms. Carolynne

Since my hair is getting quite long I've started using hair ties to put it into a pony tail in order to have it be more managable, especially at work where I need it to be restrained.

I had one of my female co-workers compliment me on my hair, and one of my male co-workers jokingly called me a pretty boy. I actually feel pretty good about it, it would appear I come across as feminine and (maybe, I'm not sure how) pretty, and am not catching too much flak for it.

That means a lot to me, being cooped up here in my closet. I'm probably overreacting for such small gestures, but I experience so little gender euphoria compared to tons of dysphoria not being able to really express myself, so it ends up being kind of meaningful for me.

• Like 8
30 minutes ago, Ms. Carolynne said:

That means a lot to me, being cooped up here in my closet. I'm probably overreacting for such small gestures, but I experience so little gender euphoria compared to tons of dysphoria not being able to really express myself, so it ends up being kind of meaningful for me.

I know the feeling the smallest things mean so much.

• Like 5
43 minutes ago, Ms. Carolynne said:

Since my hair is getting quite long I've started using hair ties to put it into a pony tail in order to have it be more managable, especially at work where I need it to be restrained.

I had one of my female co-workers compliment me on my hair, and one of my male co-workers jokingly called me a pretty boy. I actually feel pretty good about it, it would appear I come across as feminine and (maybe, I'm not sure how) pretty, and am not catching too much flak for it.

Hair is a big deal. I am a little bit sad that it doesn't grow as long as it used to. But presenting a little bit more feminine at work helps a lot. However I still don't dare to wear skirts at work.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Bloc said:

Hair is a big deal.

This. I'm sad that I have a bald spot. :( 

Mezzo Forte
On 4/26/2019 at 5:57 PM, daveb said:

PhD work probably takes up a lot of your time. Especially with all of the research and presentations you do. Good luck with all of that! I'm sure you will "knock them dead". The x years on tea pic sounds like fun. :) 

Thanks daveb! While I think my first run of this presentation over in Toronto was the most fun for me, I think my two presentations this weekend went decently enough. :) It ended up a couple days late, but I managed to go to a nice tea shop before I had to run to the airport! One of the presenters remarked that Three Years on T should be celebrated with Three Days of Tea, so I suppose it still works :P

Spoiler

HG0nwxt.jpg

Bonus image from one of the nearby parks too :)

j5V3myJ.jpg

• Like 9

Great pics! The tea plate with fruits and baked goods looks delicious. (you have hairier arms than I do :lol: )

• Like 5
Mezzo Forte
Just now, daveb said:

Great pics! The tea plate with fruits and baked goods looks delicious. (you have hairier arms than I do :lol: )

Well, I am a were-golden retriever, after all. :P If you think that's hairy, you should see my legs! And my stomach. And my chest. And well, I guess just about everything. :P (Even the beard is slowly filling in.) I'd feel a bit awkward about sharing shirtless photos on here, so I guess you'll just have to take my word for it when I say that with a little bit of hair dye, I could probably cosplay as a Care Bear just by walking around shirtless :lol:

Spoiler

QCSukvU.jpg

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, Mezzo Forte said:

Three Years on T should be celebrated with Three Days of Tea, so I suppose it still works

The implication that you will spend progressively longer stretches of time dedicated to going to tea shops and drinking tea is frankly wonderful.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Mezzo Forte said:

so I guess you'll just have to take my word for it when I say that with a little bit of hair dye, I could probably cosplay as a Care Bear just by walking around shirtless :lol:

I believe you

I'm glad I have thin fair arm hair and leg hair and not much chest hair. I guess that's a gender positive for me. :) 

• Like 2

I'm feeling way more femme than usual and it was bothering me because why can't I have a consistent gender, jeez but then I remembered I'm nonbinary and I can wear whatever I goddamn like and it doesn't mean my gender's changed.

Long flowy tunic shirt and heels it is.

• Like 8

I put on some makeup and a wig today (mostly to make sure I wasn't too out of practice and the makeup was still good since it's been a while), then used faceapp on the the pic I took - changed the hair to blonde to see how that might look, and it enhanced the makeup and my face a little (well, maybe a lot :lol: ).

Spoiler

before

20190501-085120.jpg

after

blonde.png

• Like 11