a gender positive thread

butterflydreams

@Mezzo Forte yeah, my hair grows really quick as well which is a bummer, i love the feeling of newly trimmed hair! i had it cut shorter and shorter over time so i have that feeling for a longer time =) i have my hair trimmed to 10mm in the back so that it won't bother me even after 4-5 weeks, which is basically when i get it cut again 

• Like 3
Mezzo Forte
5 minutes ago, Finn. said:

@Mezzo Forte yeah, my hair grows really quick as well which is a bummer, i love the feeling of newly trimmed hair! i had it cut shorter and shorter over time so i have that feeling for a longer time =) i have my hair trimmed to 10mm in the back so that it won't bother me even after 4-5 weeks, which is basically when i get it cut again 

I try to resist cutting it too frequently, but I'm at 6 weeks and it's definitely way too long. Go figure that I find myself laying awake at night panicking about possible male pattern baldness, yet I'm complaining about how fast it grows. :P I want to make this cut something different though, so I'm holding off until I figure out exactly what it is I want.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Hadley167 said:

Yeah, it definitely depends. A lot of trans women (not saying that's how you identify) will tell you that you have to hide your forehead. You'll see a lot of them with really pronounced bangs. It's definitely a cute look, but IMO, really hard to pull off. I can't because I have an adorable cowlick right at the top of my forehead. If I wanted good looking bangs, I'd have to put a ton of stuff in my hair to get it to stay that way. Not worth it. Better to just work with the cowlick and let my hair do what it wants to do. Ultimately, you should find the pieces that you feel are the best and the cutest and accentuate them. Otherwise, cis or trans, it's just going to look forced.

You really seem to know your stuff. I will try out different styles and see what i like. It is the cute look that i really like. I need to visit a hairdresser sooner or later anyway.

Once again thanks for the help.

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, Jayce said:

Ahhh i really want to try a binder.. decided i'm going to see if i can order one soon. Just need to wait untill there is a sale!

Awww! *Hugs* @SimplyAce   :cake: 

Thats great for you.

I actully orderd something just now.

Spoiler

A pair of jeggins if i understan corretly they are mix of leggins and jeans.

DP521N00U-K14@12.jpg

Awesome t-shirt

TW421DA65-Q11@7.1.jpg

And some shapewear that hopefully can help create some shapes. I already have one for my waist.

Spoiler

MQ581C004-Q11@12.jpg

It was not that expensive either. But how they can afford free shipping i will never understand. I am in the warehouse/shipping business and the fright is where we make money. And they ship from Germany too.

• Like 7
swirl_of_blue

I'm going to be wearing a gown for a gala in a bit more than a week,and for once the thought doesn't give me any anxiety! I'm just happy that the gown that was custom made for me when I was 17 still fits. For some reason I'm not getting the "oh my god I have to wear a dress, why does that have to make me so feminine?" but instead a "you just wait and see, I'm going to show you how good I can look" feeling about the whole thing. And the gown thing doesn't make me feel feminine, so it seems I'm finally starting to be able to distance feeling gendered and wearing gender-specific clothing! I still would feel better if some men wore gowns now and then, but I'm not getting a year's worth of dysphoria in one day as I feared I might.

Also I just dyed my hair. I can't wait for it to dry so I can see how it looks!

• Like 7

Awesome, @swirl_of_blue! I love gowns and would wear them more if I had opportunities to and it was more acceptable for men to wear them at events. (but then, I'm a crossdresser and would usually prefer non-masculine clothing when possible) I do think it would be cool if a wider range of clothing and adornment were acceptable for males (and everyone, really).

Awesome, @Kimmie.! I hope you enjoy the new clothes! I like wearing leggings around the house; very comfortable. I'm not going to wear them outside though; too self-conscious for that, so that would not be comfortable. :)

• Like 4
butterflydreams
23 minutes ago, daveb said:

I like wearing leggings around the house; very comfortable. I'm not going to wear them outside though; too self-conscious for that, so that would not be comfortable. :)

I hear you on this for sure. I somehow worked past it last summer though. I think I'll end up doing it more this coming summer because when I did it, I felt so natural and happy. Surprisingly so actually.

Heck I've even been daydreaming about swimming this summer. And not even only in my rash guard. Wow...thinking I pass well enough for that. What a concept.

• Like 6

Thanks @daveb i will do what ever comes natural you never know maybe someday i will go all in.

I really Looking forward for to arive. They have not been shipped yet. They apperently have much to do after easter. So they will probably not arive this week.

• Like 3

For the first time in a while, while out with my mom- we weren't "ladies"'d  right off :D:D:D  

Must've partially been the boots I was wearing, which- look a lot like much higher ankled casual loafers :)  and I didn't bother with makeup to cover up the redness on my face...

Now to figure out how to get that more often in summer wear...which for me is T-shirts and shorts..  🤔

• Like 6
butterflydreams

I read an old journal entry of mine today, about how I was ashamed of having to change out of my clothes and back into male clothes awkwardly in my car. That was just two years ago...

• Like 3

Those clothes i orderd tuesday seems to arrive tomorrow:)

• Like 4

I'm skinny, which I like about me... so I don't think I look awful when I try to dress nice. I also have an awful dress sense, however I don't care about that so I'm almost always happy wearing anything as long as it feels comfy. :D

• Like 5

Okay I just picked up the package from the pick up center.  And tried the clothes on and wow just wow. It looks and feel more right. I actually have some butt:) I have no idea where it came from but it's there!

Will post pics somewhere here tomorrow. When I have time to fix me up more.:)

• Like 7
12 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

Okay I just picked up the package from the pick up center.  And tried the clothes on and wow just wow. It looks and feel more right.

Yay! :D

(so nice to have a positive thread!) :)

Spoiler

In a couple of weeks I am going to a cd/tg event where I will spend pretty much an entire week en femme. :)

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, daveb said:

Yay! :D

(so nice to have a positive thread!) :)

Reveal hidden contents

In a couple of weeks I am going to a cd/tg event where I will spend pretty much an entire week en femme. :)

Wow that sound really cool. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, SimplyAce said:

HOPE YOU HAVE FUN LOVE!

Thanks! :D

I just noticed your pronouns. I just finished a book called The Invisible Library and one of the main characters was named Kai.

Spoiler about the book

Spoiler

Kai is a dragon posing as a human (male)

• Like 4
ItWasNiceKnowingYou
15 minutes ago, daveb said:

Thanks! :D

I just noticed your pronouns. I just finished a book called The Invisible Library and one of the main characters was named Kai.

Spoiler about the book

Reveal hidden contents

Kai is a dragon posing as a human (male)

This just made my day :D

I hope one day i build up the courage...and money... To buy a waist coat

• Like 5

@Kimmie.Jeggings are awesome. They're one of the most comfortable items of clothing I can really wear without being insecure of my weight and appearance and be comfortable all at the same time. The local Cotton On here still has their buy 2 for PHP 2,000 promotion (aside from the buy 2 for PHP 1,300 T-shirts) and I plan to buy two more on the next-few months. Just as long as I get the stretchable ones, I'm happy :D

• Like 7

I'm not sold on jeggings yet... but I sort of want to buy some to try them out... My stupid long legs make it annoying to get lower-half clothes that fit well, though 

• Like 3

It was really hard to get them over the heel actually. But when that problem was over they were great. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Ricchan said:

I'm not sold on jeggings yet... but I sort of want to buy some to try them out... My stupid long legs make it annoying to get lower-half clothes that fit well, though 

I have gotten some good clothes for longer legs/arms from a company called Long Tall Sally. I believe they are UK-based, but I buy online and have had pretty good service so far generally (there was a mixup last year where they tried to send me a package 3 times. Finally got it on the 3rd try and saw that the printed label was missing part of my address number and someone added the rest of the number by hand. And this year, after I had moved their system used my old address even though I had entered my new address.) OK, a couple of shipping issues, but they did try and eventually got things sorted out (unlike another company that charged me return shipping because a package I never received somehow got returned to them.) Still, they are a good source for things like leggings and long-sleeved tops and long torsos and such.

• Like 6
18 minutes ago, daveb said:

I have gotten some good clothes for longer legs/arms from a company called Long Tall Sally. I believe they are UK-based, but I buy online and have had pretty good service so far generally (there was a mixup last year where they tried to send me a package 3 times. Finally got it on the 3rd try and saw that the printed label was missing part of my address number and someone added the rest of the number by hand. And this year, after I had moved their system used my old address even though I had entered my new address.) OK, a couple of shipping issues, but they did try and eventually got things sorted out (unlike another company that charged me return shipping because a package I never received somehow got returned to them.) Still, they are a good source for things like leggings and long-sleeved tops and long torsos and such.

I am so excited to look into them! :o 

• Like 4

I want to get loafers or some dress shoes that aren't feminine. I've been looking online but I'd rather go to a physical store to get them.  

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Toothlesss said:

I want to get loafers or some dress shoes that aren't feminine. I've been looking online but I'd rather go to a physical store to get them.  

Have you tried checking out Payless? I can't recall if they have loafers there, but their shoe selections are huge

• Like 2

My problem is that jeggings are cool but they rarely fit my short legs..they are either too long or too short, never something inbetween!

14 hours ago, Toothlesss said:

Have you checked the men's section? it might be worth a try since they often sell them in leather and they are very comfortable

On shoes: I'm kinda addicted to sketchers right now :D  I've got these flowery printed shoes and they are soo incredibly comfortable to wear!

I start to get really curious about shoes with a higher heel. So where can I find that. There are not to expensive and big enough size. I have 42-43 EU.

And here is some photos :)

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

I start to get really curious about shoes with a higher heel. So where can I find that. There are not to expensive and big enough size. I have 42-43 EU.

And here is some photos :)

You look awesome! :o 

• Like 4