Dan Savage...again

(SP)

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/living/Dear...chat990305.html

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/living/Dear...chat990521.html

have we seen these yet or not?, i don't remember anyone bringing them up through the first savage, um "incident"
you might wish to use the find tool for asexual unless you want to read through some sexed-up questions

basically it's a chat with dan savage in which the topic of asexuality came up twice---i don't think we'll all be happy with the responses.........

essentially he was pretty dismissive(asexual=closet case, apparently),he tried to have a rationale for it though

you also got to love the obligatory quotation marks around the word asexual every single time...

2013 Mod Edit: The above two links don't seem to work anymore, but their content can be found here:

Link1

Link 2

"That doesn't mean they're closeted, however. No one has to identify as anything, and there are "asexual" people out there who feel happy and fulfilled in their sex-free lives. Basically, it's not any of your business what's up with this guy, and while it's no crime to speculate, he doesn't owe it to you, me, or anyone to fess up or come out. "

. . . Is this the same Dan Savage? o_O

If so, I may need to find another main villain for the Captn' Asexual comic I was planning to do :roll:

yeah, but i don't really see it that way, he starts out by saying the person is probably gay, and repressing, by purposefully denying themselves a sexuality, he then adds that you may as well humour them, and should leave them alone, and they don't owe you an explanation, and that it is possible to be sex-free and happy(which is all well and good), but deep down inside you can be pretty sure to confirm in your mind that the person is repressed homosexual, and "asexuality" "doesn't" "really" "exist" ....

VivreEstEsperer

Argh, you think he would have learned something from "Round 1." I get the feeling that he still doesnt think we exist - by saying that there are people perfectly happy in their sex free lives I get the feeling he's saying they want it, but they don't want to go to the trouble of getting it ("same sex orientation") so they're content just not doing so. of course i could be wrong there. but . anyway. interesting.

Kate

And this guy is supposed to be open minded? *shifty eyes* Sure...

I say we all track him down and beat him with Nerf bats until he cries like a little girl :twisted:

Archived