Research Participation Request: Experiences with health care practitioners

timewarp

Shelby Flanagan from University of Minnesota, Morris (UMM) has contacted AVEN about the following project:

If you identify as asexual, or on the asexual spectrum (e.g., asexual, demisexual, gray-ace, etc.) are you interested in participating in a study about your experiences interacting with health care professionals?

My name is Shelby Flanagan and I am a senior psychology student at the University of Minnesota, Morris (UMM). My faculty advisor is Dr. Heather J. Peters, Ph.D., LP, CC-AASP, Associate Professor of Psychology at the UMM. We are conducting a study to understand the experiences that people who identify on the asexual spectrum have with health care practitioners. This study is funded by UMM’s psychology endowment fund.

The survey is for individuals who identify as asexual, or on the asexual spectrum (e.g., asexual, demisexual, gray-ace, etc.), and are over 18 years old. This is the link to the survey. The survey will ask participants questions about their experiences with health practitioners, and it can take between 5 and 30 minutes to complete, depending on the experiences of the individual.

Please be aware that all responses to the survey will be stored securely, and will be kept confidential and anonymous. No identifying information about the participants will be associated with their responses. Participation in this study is completely voluntary, and your decision to participate or not participate will have no impact on your relationship with the researchers or with the University of Minnesota, Morris.

This research request has been approved by the Research Approval Board for advertising on AVEN.

timewarp

Dedicated Research Contact

Done 

49 minutes ago, Charlie Q. said:

I have no experience with health care professionals to share.

They do ask why you didn't talk about your a/sexuality as well. I've never talked about it with a health care professional. Unless you're saying you've never seen one at all ever...

Archived