Do you want a Significant Other?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Other (please explain)

This poll is closed to new votes

I've ticked other

as I get older I get more and more set in my ways dispossing of the everyday whimsies that some seem to think are important

so in relationship world a partner my age is more likely to be set in thier own ways and also enjoy the freedoms that come with a single life

for me..right now..what would work is myself and one other..living in our own seperate places but visiting a lot

I'm still independent..still have the private space to be grumpy..but more importantly when it comes to shared time..i would put more into it knowing it wasn't a 24/7 requirement

Something between "no" and "not sure" (in VERY special circumstances I might want one... ), but it's closer to "no", so that's my choice.

• 4 months later...

I would like a significant other, I think, as long as we lived apart. I have OCD, and my house is exactly how I have to have it, so any other person would throw that out of balance. That being said, a relationship would be nice :)

I'd love to get married someday and maybe adopt a kid or two. Just as long as there wasn't any sex, I'd be happy.

I don't need or want anybody. I get into a relationship and I become so unhappy. I'm much too selfish and self centered. This is why kids are a bad idea for me lol I don't have enough energy to extend to another person

• 3 weeks later...

Humm.. I like the idea of one.. but realistically speaking there are too many factors and things and I'm not concerned ENOUGH to actively go looking for a special someone.. but the idea of a bf is nice.

• 1 month later...
joy_and_sorrow

I chose other because I would LOVE to have someone who loves me for me, but normally they want other crap from me..... Genophobia sucks - I'm always afraid.

I said yes. I like the idea of a relationship in theory, but in practise i'm not sure how well it would work out.

I picked 'other'. I'm rather ambivalent about having/wanting a relationship. I never sought one out or really desired one, but I was never really against the idea either. Whatever comes, I will accept.

Glitter Spock

I chose "other." I don't actively pursue relationships, but I'm not opposed to forming them with special people. Right now I have someone I call my special person and I consider myself to love him. If he wants to call our interactions a relationship, I wouldn't be opposed to it, but the name "relationship" is not important to me. I don't self-describe as romantic or as aromantic because I don't know what the word "romantic" refers to. For all I know, I could be in one of the two categories, but I don't know which because I don't know what "romantic" (the concept in itself, not an individual's subjective definition) means.

no need for a partner :)

I would like to be in a relationship as long as sex wasn't involved. When I was young I thought the perfect relationship would be separate houses and I never could find anyone that would agree to that.

• 2 weeks later...

At this point not right now, but when I'm older I'd like to.

• 4 weeks later...
Vampyremage

Right now I am pretty content being single. For one, I'm not sure anymore what I want in a relationship, aside from the fact that I'd strongly prefer it to be non-sexual in nature. Eventually, however, I would like to be in a relationship.

• 1 month later...

I voted for "not sure". I don´t want to be in a relationship right now, but I don´t deprecate the possibility of being in a relationship in the future. But I have too unique demands for my partner - he has to be asexual, and I don´t want to live in the same house with him, I don´t want to spend every day with him...which sounds horrible for the most of people, ´cause they want to be with their partners all the time. But I need a lot of time for myself, ONLY for myself - it doesn´t matter how wonderful some people are, I still don´t want to be with them all the time every day.

So I doubt I will ever have a relationship.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't say I want a significant other... I would like a best friend, though..

I wouldn't say I want a significant other... I would like a best friend, though..

Sen Holiday

I'm a (hopeless) romantic, and I answered 'yes,' because I want a relationship, or relationships! An SO, or SOs!

the Lady Ashuko

A part of me likes the idea of a relationship (as long as it didn't involve kissing or worse and the person was okay with the fact that I'm somewhat demanding). However, I don't mind being alone (romantically) and prefer being alone to repeating my romantic history. So I picked "other"

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

OMG i have told it like 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times! I do, i would like to be in one of "those"... lol :redface:

• 1 month later...
allons-y-alonso

Eh...I identify as a panromantic grey-A, and I definitely experience romantic attraction. However, I've never been in a satisfying romantic relationship. There has always been something that felt not-quite-right about them, no matter how much I liked the person. I'm much more comfortable and happy being single. I think I'm more looking for a romantic friendship sort of thing. A close, special friend, that has strong feelings towards me who I am comfortable around and who I love in a way that's not quite romantic, but more than I love my other friends. It's hard to describe. This link describes it perfectly: http://purpleandgrey.wordpress.com/2011/01/13/radical-relationships-part-3-romantic-attraction-and-romantic-friendship/

That being said, I'm currently it a relationship with a really kind, understanding, wonderful trans man. It doesn't feel quite right. I'm not comfortable, although I do definitely have romantic feelings for him. I'm trying to make it work.

Archived