LonePiper

Do you want a Significant Other?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Other (please explain)

This poll is closed to new votes

I concider friendship the most important RELATIONSHIP this world has to offer, but only if you VALUE friendship enough to understand its full potential

so my answer would be YES. unlike sexual relationships that can be shallow in a million and one ways, I find a best friends love and companionship more true and desireable

Not sure. There are times that I really like to have a relationship, but other times I just want to stay alone. Actually, I don't mind if I stay alone. The only thing I'm sure of is that I don't want to have a relationship right now. Maybe in the future, but definitely not now.

LostPenguin

I voted yes, but I should have voted other or not sure. Basically, I wouldn't want to be in a relationship for the sake of it. I would never be interested in that sort of thing unless the right person came along... I'm not desperate enough to go after anybody, I guess.

UglymanCometh

Is there a choice for "HELL NO!" on there?

(rhetorical question)

I don't think I do. I get lonely sometimes, so I want someone I can be close to. Close but not romantic?

genuineillusion

If I can find someone that will respect my wishes, then yes.

I'd love to find someone that I can love and that will love me, without worrying about the pressures of sex. Or, someone who is willing to make a great deal of compromise regarding it.

• 3 weeks later...

I want a relationship. I've never had one, and I kind of wish I could be happy alone, and I can in a way, but I seem unable to love no person at all in a romantic fashion. Besides, I'd love to be able to cuddle with someone (female) and not worry about sex. I guess I just want someone to love me in a romantic way so it can be mutual instead of this yucky pining business. No, no, I exagerate, of course, but that's how it feels sometimes. :cry: I'm done.

Kat

I am in a relationship, but if I weren't, I wouldn't want to be. I would not change my current situation; I'm with a great guy, and I'm happy. But if I were not with him, I wouldn't want to be tied down to being with one person all of the time. I would enjoy the single life to the fullest. :wink:

Shadow girl

Not me I'm kind of the loner type anyway. As long as I have my family and a few good friends I'm happy.

I want symbiosis.

Whether it's romantic or platonic, with a flatmate or a partner or a polyamorous situation or whathaveyou, I just want some domestic partnership and someone to curl up with.

If a cat could wash dishes when I cook and put sunscreen on my back, I'd get one and call it love.

rainyrose77

i, too, like the cuddling. plus i want someone special i suppose. i want to be in love without the love?

hah thats not ____ at all :?

crappppp i could not think of that WORD i needed there... :(

• 6 months later...

I would love to be in a relationship. Sometimes I really crave someone to cuddle and curl up to, and share my innermost secrets with. Like a best friend, but on a much deeper level. I've never had a best friend or a partner, so the loneliness is kinda killing me these days. The cats can only provide so much companionship. :roll:

Adventuress Heart

I voted "not sure" .. While I'm not interested in a relationship and am Aromantic I do feel that maybe I'll change as time goes on, I doubt even then I would want a relationship but I would like someone to talk to at least (intelligent convo, and sharing common interests/activities)

I put Other.

I guess having an SO would be nice, but it's not really high on my to-do list.

I want symbiosis.

Whether it's romantic or platonic, with a flatmate or a partner or a polyamorous situation or whathaveyou, I just want some domestic partnership and someone to curl up with.

If a cat could wash dishes when I cook and put sunscreen on my back, I'd get one and call it love.

I like that!

Mmm, that would be nice. I agree, if the situation presents itself. Otherwise, I'm happy being alone.

I want symbiosis.

I like that!

Mmm, that would be nice. I agree, if the situation presents itself. Otherwise, I'm happy being alone.

*blink* wow, I wrote that a while ago. I don't think I'd have such a good answer ready if you asked me now, but yeah, that does sound good.

Granted, I'm fine and dandy being on my own. I don't feel like I need anyone else to "complete" me or any such thing. But there are things I miss about living with someone, and things I would like to have in my life.

so my answer would be YES. unlike sexual relationships that can be shallow in a million and one ways, I find a best friends love and companionship more true and desireable

Me too.

I would only consider living with another person if I had not only my own bedroom, but my own bathroom and den as well.

i voted not sure because while i do like romantic relationships i really dont know if i could ever seriously feel safe in one due to quite a few bad relationships in the past. I suppose if she was REALLY understanding and patient we would get along very well.

I voted yes... Most of the times I feel that well... It might be great to have a significant other and stuff... but sometimes when I see my sexual friends (in fact, all of them are sexual) going through a tough time with their relationships, I think that "hey... maybe I'm better off without one"... Maybe I'm slightly aromantic... or maybe I'm terribly confused... :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
violeteyedsoul

I've been changing a LOT lately so currently I DON'T want a significant other.

Though, I WOULD like it if someone were to come along, who was basically a more able, optimistic, and rich, form of myself; A-Sexual too of course.

But I've found that no such person exists.

*sigh!*

lol!

In my ideal little fantasy world, there would be an attractive, youngish guy with floppy hair living in the apartment next to me. He would be hopelessly infatuated with me to an absurd degree and have tons of money with which he would use to shower me with gifts and to take me out to dinner. but he would neverever expect any real sort of emotional or physical connection from me. At some point, he would propose to me and we'd get married in a gigantic lavish ceremony and have an exotic honeymoon with two seperate hotel suites. We would then return home to our next-door-to-each-other apartments, where I would show off my pretty new ring to people and ocassionally indulge my new husband's wishes and allow him to sample my cooking or watch a movie with me before shooing him back to his own apartment for the night. We would grow old living next door to each other and he would continue woshipping the ground I walked on until the end of his days.

Well, either that or I could hire some mad scientist to make clone copies of me. That wouldn't be bad at all. I could totally do a relationshippy thing with myself.

Other than that, though? A real emotions-included relationship with another human being? Not in this lifetime.

I don't want any kind of long-term relationship - partners, kids, dependents, or live-in relatives :) I've lived in shared housing for years but I've always explained to landlords and housemates that I'm self-sufficient.

It's not that I hate humanity, or find relationships offensive, it's just not my thing and it would be unfair on my other half to suddenly explain that I never wanted to live with them to begin with! :)

I want one.Missing the feeling not to have someone by my side.To share thoughts and laughter and sorrows :(

I think I could live in a longterm raltionship,but I think only with another A,otherwise it would be too complicated,would force someone to live how you want it and not how he wants it :?

Archived