Regret after kissing someone

The-world-is-quiet-here

The-world-is-quiet-here

~TW for a lot of romance-y/semi sexual stuff (not sex though)~

Is it normal to regret kissing someone?
I feel strange about this. By this point, I'm pretty sure I'm at least a semi-sexual and really romantic person. In other words, I don't think I'm ace or aro.

My first kiss wasn't really... like, nothing really happened. It was nice, though.
My second kiss was something else. We went to her house and basically made out while watching YouTube videos. I was with her for almost five hours, so yeah. We kissed a lot. And she kissed me back.

Kissing both of them felt good when I was doing it, but the day after, I've felt really bad about it.
The first time (my first kiss), I had a really bad feeling in my body for most of the day, and this time, I wasn't hungry and felt almost nauseated when thinking about it. 

The thing is, I don't understand my reaction, especially not this time (the second time). 
It was consensual. She kissed me back and did other things that showed she liked me back. And I was really into it at the time. Like, I liked it a lot more than I had thought I would. It actually felt really good.

I don't know what to do now. I'm going to try to relax and not worry about it too much.

maybe it's internalized homophobia? Like really subconsciously though. I don't really know.

Maybe the amount of emotions was too large and it crossed The Border. It's similar to when you are extremely in love with someone and everything is going all right, suddenly you stop accepting it, you start to feel awkward because it's too all-right.

@edit: oh, first/second one, that's even more common. It was something so new, that you can't get what just happened. Give yourself a break and it will wear off, after time you will rather get used to it.

Well I know I feel dirty after I do anything like that with anyone. I not exactly sure why but I always felt like it was wrong for some reason. I not sure how normal it is but I felt that way too. 

NerotheReaper

I have yet to kiss someone who has that 'awesome firework feeling', perhaps that is just in the movies, maybe I just wasn't with the right people. I don't feel dirty about it, I am just like "eh", and it is awkward cause the guy is always like :wub:. And I am just sitting there wishing I could turn into a ghost. 

I felt a bit nauseous the day after my first kiss, even though I really liked it. For me it was because of conflicting emotions and the emotional turmoil I was in. Also I think the kiss kind of threw my hormones off a little bit because I had strong feelings for the guy and had never done anything remotely related to kissing with anyone before that night. My internal conflict had to do with the fact that I didn't really want to be in a relationship. I mean I kind of did, but part of me didn't. Part of me was really confused because I had strong feelings for the guy to the point where I enjoyed kissing him, but I wasn't really ok with being in a romantic relationship in general. It just wasn't me and I felt like I was losing myself in this relationship. 

Could you be a bit romance-repulsed?

The-world-is-quiet-here

I don't know. I thought I was a romantic person, but now I'm not so sure. 

Am I romance-repulsed? The first time, I had a bad feeling about the kiss that turned out to be right (she broke up with me). And this time, it felt good while we were kissing, but I felt gross afterwards. 

I guess I could ask the girl i like if that's normal. I'm assuming she's not aro or ace. 

I don't think I'm lith or fray or anything. I like the idea of romance, but I know that doesn't equal romantic attraction. I've definitely had crushes before. 

The strangest thing about all this, to me, is: she's the person I've ever felt the most attraction to. Normally I have crushes on my friends after I get to know them, but I barely know this girl and I like her a lot.

When we were kissing, I kinda expected to feel grossed out by it, or to not react positively. But I did like it in the moment, just... not later.

I guess what i'm saying is, physical attraction is strange to me, and I guess I could be romance repulsed. I don't even know anymore.

The-world-is-quiet-here

I asked my best friend (who isn't ace or aro) about this, and she said that happens to her sometimes too. 

Maybe it's a normal thing and I'm just overthinking it.

• 3 weeks later...

After my first kiss, where the guy surprised me with an attempt to French kiss me, my body completely freaked out and after he left I collapsed with a temporary paralysis attack (cataplexy) from my waist down, then a spontaneous nosebleed from the stress. Which lead to crying and more "wtf is happening to me?"

So...yeah, my first kiss certainly didn't feel good. stupid emotion-body reactions getting confused. XD

Archived