Has high self esteem 

Would challenge the devil to a fiddling contest 

SorryNotSorry
6 hours ago, UVB-76 said:

Polygon... just the username gives me a good impression. :D

Alternate definition of polygon: a dead parrot

Art/deadcupid/black and white 

Practical name 

All this would tell me that the above person is pragmatic, cynical, and artistic

Most likely enjoys satire 

I'd look more at their profile, to get a true idea.

But since we're going on first impressions, the poster above me, seems highly confident.

I'm generally really good at reading people, but this one would be a tough read.

I'd say artsy and solemn. Those are my first impressions of Perspektiv

Warm 

Freindly 

Motherly 

Open 

Kind hearted 

39 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

I'd look more at their profile, to get a true idea.

But since we're going on first impressions, the poster above me, seems highly confident.

I'm generally really good at reading people, but this one would be a tough read.

Id be interested to hear your assessment after reading my full profile. 

SorryNotSorry

Heh... Snow Cone strikes me as the type of person for whom YELLOW Snow Cone would be a more appropriate screen name.

SorryNotSorry
5 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

Art/deadcupid/black and white 

Practical name 

All this would tell me that the above person is pragmatic, cynical, and artistic

Most likely enjoys satire 

No prize this time. Keep trying.

And my name ain't Art.

Obviously Woodworker1968 is a woodworker that hates flying babies.

My first thought of KendraPM is that her name is Kendra and her avatar looks very rockabilly.

@Sherlocks Scratch the "Open" and it's about right. :)

@Starscream Yeah, kind of gives my name away. Not so much rockabilly, but then again my pic is pretty close. I do like bits and pieces of the rockabilly style (red lipstick with a winged liner, although that's less in at the moment so I haven't been able to wear it as often), but my style is more eclectic than that.

14 minutes ago, RunBarryRun said:

This is getting more interesting:lol:

@Starscream An alien artificial intelligence 

@Woodworker1968a carpenter who tries to improve his skills but fails miserably

@Perspektiva quiet observer

@KendraPMfuture prime minister of some country

You're actually either a literal meme or a doge.

Probably both.

@UVB-76U like cars

@The Frost DragonU like Game of Thrones alot

@Naosuupanda browsing the Internet with zoo wifi

@Mystic Mayaanime lover

@LivingForEveryoneElseU like to help people

@CakeSpadeAceU like cakes

@PolygonU are a fake tiger

@VirusHybridSentient virus

@SallyYour name is Sally

J. van Deijck

Haha cars are okay, but it's not my main interest or anything :D

12 minutes ago, RunBarryRun said:

@~Syl~U like drawing. U create your profile Gif on your own

I do have a fondness for art and I have made my own avatars in the past but this one I can't take credit for. I ain't quite that skilled as of yet. :lol:

SorryNotSorry
1 hour ago, RunBarryRun said:

Failure is a matter of perspective.

LittleGoody2Shoes

I don't think deeply enough about it or sometimes don't even notice. I just like to read people's posts and rarely notice their avatar.

LittleGoody2Shoes

Why do you say I like fruit?

10 hours ago, RunBarryRun said:

I'll take it!

SorryNotSorry

To clarify:

Carpentry---I do ok at it, but it bores me really quickly, and I prefer to work on smaller stuff anyway.

Turnery---I made beautiful bowls, plates, compacts, etc etc over 25 years ago, but had to give it up because there was no market for the stuff, and no internet.

Arkwright---I had a lot of fun mastering geometric projects, and can practically make jewelry boxes in my sleep.

Luthier---an art I'm still learning, but already I'm starting to look like something of a loose cannon because my guitars work well despite my breaking all the rules.

Additionally, I throw away hardly any of my wood waste. Bits of oak and maple make excellent smoking chips for flavoring meat, wood shavings are a good addition to any compost pile to help aerate it, and I give bags of sawdust to my mechanic friends because it's a godsend when you accidentally spill oil on concrete.

KendraPM... avatar reminds me of what Snow Cone might look like if she'd ditch that snide attitude.

Here are my impressions for all of the posters before my post in order of their first appearance*:

@SherlocksA new-version Sherlock fan and usually a serious and focused person, who has a soft side deep inside despite not showing it (name and avatar).

@UVB-76A cybergoth with a liking for loud music and an inner aggressive side (avatar), who is a much more complex, non-transparent and multi-facetted personality than it may seem at first (name).

@LivingForEveryoneElseAn altruistic personality (name) with an inner desire for freedom and an abstract relation to the passing things in life that requires a closer, second look to discover (avatar).

@RunBarryRunA fan of internet memes and a certain type of dog (avatar) with a liking for altering movie quotes and a good sense of humor. Essentially, someone who could be fun to be around with (name).

@Woodworker1968A middle-aged user with a liking for things crafted from wood and its warmth and closeness to nature (name) with a sarcastic humor and a liking for irony who assumes others killed love with its own tools (avatar).

@StarscreamA transformers fan of the old series (name and avatar) who isn't always in the center of attention (avatar, because it's not centered).

@CakeSpadeAceA asexual cake-enthusiast (name) who can be a very gentle and well-mannered person and who likes drawing (avatar).

@VirusHybridA user who does not identify as a normal one but as an invasive, new lifeform (name) with a liking for the sinister things and horror movies, such as liquids spreading in other liquids (avatar).

@Mystic MayaA mysterious user, who doesn't share much about herself and whom you can't get close to (name) with a cynical and sarcastic side and possibly a tragic past. Basically a person who seeks distance from others and is more of an observer. This person also likes animes (avatar).

@NaosuuA panda-loving user, who can be a bit shy at times (avatar), and is either from Asia or has Asian origins – or simply likes Asian cultures or languages (name).

@SallyA pretty straight-forward person (name), who doesn't like teddies or didn't like childhood or just children- Perhaps a symbol of leaving childhood behind (avatar. Looks like a broken teddy at this scale).

@The Frost DragonA fantasy fan with a liking for the cold, darker and sinister fantasy settings with imperfect and shady characters (avatar), especially mid to high fantasy settings involving mythical creatures and magical elements (name and avatar).

@PolygonA user with a liking for low-poly 3D models or digital, visual things in general (name) and an optimistic, loving personality and fan of Calvin and Hobbes (avatar).

@PerspektivA traditional artist with a melancholic heart and a mysterious personality, who often looks back at the past (avatar), and has a different view/perspective on things than most others and a fundamental understanding of constructing perspective in drawings (name).

@KendraPMA kind user who primarily likes to PM with other users on this website (name) with a liking for the 50's and 60's when classic rock'n'roll became popular, who has a rebellious side, and dresses and styles accordingly to this favoured time (avatar).

@~Syl~A friendly and sympathetic user who likes digital cel-based/frame-by-frame animations and who also practices arts (avatar) with a melodic name or a liking for pronouncing things with a different intonation (name).

@KarlA serious user (name), who looks very focused, likes video games and can be sarcastic and will look at you disapprovingly before throwing you a death-glare, if you say the wrong things (avatar).

Okay. Sorry for chiming in despite not having an avatar (yet) but this thread just sounded like too much fun to miss out on!

Then again, I was wondering about your impressions anyway, you got my screen name at least. If you can't get an impression without an avatar, judge it by the missing one or make use of my signature. That would make it easier for me to pick a theme and finally get to create one. I just couldn't decide so far. :P

If you cannot do it, just skip me. ;)

*I usually mostly ignore avatars – it happens pretty much automatically – but just for this thread, I've taken a closer look.

@Sylvastor You are right about me, I'm an old school Transformers fan, and yup, I don't really like to be the center of attention...although the real Starscream in the series does, which I think is why some people get the wrong idea about me. :P

Well, since all we get is your name, I'm going to assume what I normally would and guess that Sylvastor is your name, or similar to your name...or maybe even a play on words for something unknown to me.

Archived