New Declass Team Members Needed: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

We are looking for two more members of the AVEN Declassification Team. See more about that here:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/123437-introducing-avens-new-declassification-team/

We are now taking nominations. If you are interested, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

Voting will be by a vote of confidence.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 2 February to Thursday, 9 February 2017: Nominations.

Thursday, 9 February to Sunday, 12 February 2017: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 12 February to Sunday, Sunday, 19 February 2017: Voting!

ME ME ME! I've wanted DT forever!

*releases the pugs*

ThlNXsa.gif

Joe the Stoic

I think we all know I'm a politician by now, so I am going to run.

Also, since I have a lot of criticisms of the admod team's decisions, this might give me a chance to see things from their point of view for a change.

20 minutes in and already 4 nominees. This is going to be fun! :D

Joe the Stoic
10 minutes ago, SkyWorld said:

20 minutes in and already 4 nominees. This is going to be fun! :D

Or the bloodiest brawl you have ever seen on AVEN.

23 minutes ago, Naosuu said:

Wishing everyone luck. Declassing is long, if necessary, work.

Source: did it for a few months.

Jeeeze when did you stop being a mod? O.o

1 hour ago, Joe Parrish said:

Or the bloodiest brawl you have ever seen on AVEN.

The most I've seen candidates run was in a JFF/Arcade election, and I think it was 6 of them (maybe 7, I don't remember or feel like checking) and it was fabulously insane, it was a lot of fun. If anything can top that, then I will be truly impressed.

59 minutes ago, SkyWorld said:

The most I've seen candidates run was in a JFF/Arcade election, and I think it was 6 of them (maybe 7, I don't remember or feel like checking) and it was fabulously insane, it was a lot of fun. If anything can top that, then I will be truly impressed.

It was 6: 

Oh wow, such enthusiasm! Best of luck to all those who've thrown their hats (and other various objects) into the ring!

Wow,I'm really excited that there are so many candidates already! I was worried this election wouldn't have too many people since DT work can be tedious for a lot of people.

Anyway, I wanted to pop into this thread to say that if anyone (whether you've nominated yourself already or are just thinking about it) has questions about declass or the team, feel free to ask me!  I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have, or help you decide if DT is right for you if you're on the fence about running. :)

Thanks, delta :)

Good luck everyone :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: Declass is the best!! *totally isn't biased* Some threads are boring to declass but most of them are quite interesting and despite it being a tedious job, it is super enjoyable!!!! It's particularly great for those unable to be on AVEN all the time but still wanting to help out and those who prefer a more quiet and behind-the-scenes job. You still work with a really awesome team but you'll be working more independently. And you can choose whether you want to just proofread or do just initial declass or you can do both! :D Declass is just super awesome. <33 Take care of it, okay *pets precious declass stuff* More good luck to everyone running and potentially running :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: 

So I have decided to run. Thanks Delta and others for the encouragement.

9 minutes ago, TheAP said:

Do I have to submit a bio?

Yes, everybody who's running for an election needs to - it's also your chance to get a good start of the Q&A . When I was running for my PT position I sent Kelly a pm with my bio a bit in advance so she could include it at the start of the election already.

Just now, timewarp said:

Yes, everybody who's running for an election needs to - it's also your chance to get a good start of the Q&A . When I was running for my PT position I sent Kelly a pm with my bio a bit in advance so she could include it at the start of the election already.

Okay. I hadn't heard anything about it so I wasn't sure.

Yep, everyone running this election needs to submit a bio to Kelly via PM.  The official deadline is at the start f the voting period, but the earlier you can get it in the better :)

Archived