Who wants to get out of their country?

Shahima

I've been living with family in Florida since birth but....I don't want to stay here. It isn't safe, I can't even walk down the street.

At my heart I am a wanderer, when my family moves in a couple years I'll go with them, build myself a little bunker of sorts, be self sustaining, and wander. I wish to wander without fear.

10 hours ago, Busrider said:

Obviously a somewhat established older guy's problems that you won't face that badly.

Isn't the NHS recruiting mainly abroad too?

Yes, my age does give me a little advantage but sadly, not my nationality abroad. I hope we had more opportunities like holiday work visas or teaching abroad visas or even cultural exchange programs. Not sure when that will happen.

I was looking for NHS courses too so I would have a shot in UK but turns out a NON-EU. not living in UK for 5 years are not eligible to apply or get a visa based on the courses since it is totally unrelated to my previous subjects.

I'm just getting blocked in every part of the way. I wish I'd taken science but...that is a whole different story...

47 minutes ago, helana12_03 said:

Since u studied in the UK for a year you may be eligible for this program if you're 25 or younger

Thank you. I applied even though I am doubtful.

I'm located in Canada (everyone's dreamland) but my GF and I are hoping to move to the Netherlands.

On 2/1/2017 at 4:54 PM, knick-knack said:

I'm trying to flee from my country too, but I'm currently very confused :\

My country (Italy) is getting more and more fucked up: corrupted government, high unemployment rates, all the usual bad stuff.

I tried living by myself for YEARS, working both as a freelance copywriter and in an agency, but always with terrible results money-wise. My job isn't even considered a "real" work here, and I'm sick and tired of being exploited.

(And yes, I've tried applying for more "normal" jobs, but with no luck. I've tried everything.)

Like many Italians of my age, I don't see a future for myself in this place. I want to live in an English-speaking country, improve my language, learn to write well in English and get paid for it.

So I'm going to the UK. I'm leaving whilst already feeling unaccepted, and won't even know if I will be able to stay there, considering all this confusing Brexit stuff. Canada would be another option, but it's so costly and oh so far.

I don't really know what to do. I just want to write.

Very large Italian community here, so the acclimation wouldn't be too difficult.

5 hours ago, Azrael said:

I'm located in Canada (everyone's dreamland) but my GF and I are hoping to move to the Netherlands.

So much for all the American celebrities that said they were going to emigrate here if Trump got elected. I haven't heard a peep from them since.

2 hours ago, will123 said:

So much for all the American celebrities that said they were going to emigrate here if Trump got elected. I haven't heard a peep from them since.

They found out about our Income Tax Rate

On 2/16/2017 at 2:42 PM, Shahima said:

Thank you. I applied even though I am doubtful.

Cool! Let us know how it goes :)

On 2/1/2017 at 4:54 PM, knick-knack said:

I'm trying to flee from my country too, but I'm currently very confused :\

My country (Italy) is getting more and more fucked up: corrupted government, high unemployment rates, all the usual bad stuff.

I tried living by myself for YEARS, working both as a freelance copywriter and in an agency, but always with terrible results money-wise. My job isn't even considered a "real" work here, and I'm sick and tired of being exploited.

(And yes, I've tried applying for more "normal" jobs, but with no luck. I've tried everything.)

Like many Italians of my age, I don't see a future for myself in this place. I want to live in an English-speaking country, improve my language, learn to write well in English and get paid for it.

So I'm going to the UK. I'm leaving whilst already feeling unaccepted, and won't even know if I will be able to stay there, considering all this confusing Brexit stuff. Canada would be another option, but it's so costly and oh so far.

I don't really know what to do. I just want to write.

Italy is part of the EU right? Doesn't it mean that you're allowed to live and work anywhere in the Europe?

On 2/16/2017 at 6:57 PM, Azrael said:

May I ask why? As you mentioned, it's everyone's dreamland, so I'm just curious.

Australia is... hot, has strange politics, really hot, not very open minded, and SERIOUSLY REALLY HOT. 

I want to move back to England. Just. I can't stand the heat, and I don't understand what I'm doing here :(

14 minutes ago, evaisnotonline said:

Australia is... hot, has strange politics, really hot, not very open minded, and SERIOUSLY REALLY HOT. 

I want to move back to England. Just. I can't stand the heat, and I don't understand what I'm doing here :(

Australia is pretty big isn't it? Is it hot everywhere? I would think that Tasmania wouldn't be as hot as Sydney.

Oh, I doubt it's hot everywhere. But I'm in Queensland, where the university's are that I want to go to, so I can't really up and leave to Tasmania. 

Plus. Just. I still have the english accent? That I get asked about all the time? I just think I'd be happier there.

44 minutes ago, helana12_03 said:

May I ask why? As you mentioned, it's everyone's dreamland, so I'm just curious.

Work related. She's doing well with her job and all her clients are in Europe. Currently she's just flying back and forth a lot.

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I would love to go to Iceland or Sweden at some point. I just need to save up and go if I ever get a chance.

Already done 2 1/2 years ago! :)

I didn't dislike Germany, but for some reason I always wanted to live in the US.

Panned out relatively well  - some things I like better, some things I like worse, but not regretting my decision so far =D

If I was fluent in Japanese I'd definitely consider moving there, but as of right now that's not really an option :P

I came across this post and though it could possibly help you.

I always wanted to live in different places. I have no idea where. I know I want somewhere warmer. Or at least a more consistent temperature.

helana12_03
On 2/26/2017 at 5:05 PM, Issy Reluzi said:

I always wanted to live in different places. I have no idea where. I know I want somewhere warmer. Or at least a more consistent temperature.

Florida and California seem like warmer places with more consistent temperatures. I have a friend who moved from Massachusetts to California and he says that the weather is great. Florida temps are always around 80 degrees, even in the winter.

helana12_03
On 2/25/2017 at 2:45 AM, Shieldmaiden WinterDragon said:

I would love to go to Iceland or Sweden at some point. I just need to save up and go if I ever get a chance.

Me 2 :)

SorryNotSorry

If my liver disease takes a turn for the worst, I'll defect to the afterlife.

Brrrrr, but Iceland and Sweden are soooo cold!

I get the chills just thinking about them! xD

Probably, because neoliberal circlejerkers are destroying it piece by piece, starting with the education system and healthcare is most likely next in line.

Also, nobody needs to feel ashamed of this because nationalism is stupid as fuck.

• 3 months later...
darkstreamers252

I have wanted to leave the country I live in for some time. I knew it since I was a child and I have never gone anywhere in this country where I feel "at home" and given the current situation of politics and all around insanity from both sides, my desire to leave has grown stronger and stronger.

I'd like to live in either Germany or Austria. I have visited both places and when I was in Vienna I fell in love, the place was so beautiful and I felt completely safe and at home, I'd give anything to go back and stay there permanently. Oh, I also have a German "fetish", really love German things.

I think my country was founded on good things at that time in history, but that's all went to crap long before I was ever born. :(

I have no strong desires to leave the US but ive thought about working abroad for a couple years in Germany or maybe Japan. Seems like it would be lonely though.

CuriousLolita

I live in the US and while I really like the area I live in (it's a beautiful small town surrounded by mountains) I really wanna move to Sweden. My boyfriend lives there and he's made it all seem so perfect. Or maybe it's just perfect to me because he's there. Either way one day I'm packing up and heading over. 

• 1 month later...

I want to leave the third world Caribbean hell hole I'm from. I do like the weather & the culture but the people, the general mentality, high homicides and other crimes, lack of opportunities etc.

I lived in the US for a while and I loved it. The food is cheaper, people are 10x nicer and courteous than my own people, police and ambulence actually fking arrive, I never struggled for water(here when the water company feels like sending water they send. A lot of times I have to go out at 2am to get water cause that's when they send) and there were rarely blackouts over there compared to here.

Digs_Dead_People

With any luck I'll be moving to the UK, preferably in the Swaffham (England) area.   I grew up military and have lived on every corner of the US except for the Northeast.  I've also lived in Italy, visited Germany, Turkey, and Canada.  I've also spent ~ 5 months in England and that was the only place where I felt welcome and at home.  As soon as I stepped off of the plane at Heathrow, I knew I was home.   I'm back in the US and am pursuing a college degree while seeking out employment that will enable me to move England.

Archived