Who wants to get out of their country?

Shahima

NerotheReaper

Possibly, but to me the pros would have to out weigh the cons. Moving is a hassle, moving to another country is a huge hassle.

I am a dual citizen (US/Canada) mom's side is Yank... dad's side is Canuk...and I cant wait to get heck out of here (N.America)

I would rather be in Nepal, North India (Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh) or Thailand - having lived abroad due to my dad's job contract in S/S.E Asia I exp the culture firsthand and I have longed to go back there. Life was simpler and people were wonderful.

Ideally in a Buddhist or Jain culture - that is where I feel I would belong. and where I can be my Aro-Ace self minus the societal pressure and hypersexuality that plagues here.

On 26/02/2018 at 2:12 PM, Graceful said:

Update: This went exactly nowhere for all of 2017. The NHS is not interested in hiring me without already having the right to work. I’m currently in England on a 6 month tourist visa. (Can’t do anything.) I go back in June and continue to apply for jobs I’m perfectly qualified for but will never get. I can’t give up though. I have no choice. 

That sucks, and I sympathise. That seems like an an unpleasnant chicken and egg situation where you can't get a job because you don't have the appropriate residency visa but you can't get the appropriate residency visa because you don't have a job to back it up. I would have thought that any decent employer would assist you in obtaining the necessary visa if you could contribute to their organization and they wanted to employ you. That's the way it generally works around here anyway. Keep trying, maybe look towards other possible employers in the private health care sector.

On 01/02/2017 at 1:55 PM, Shahima said:

I'm 23, female, asexual and live in Bangladesh. I know this will sound nonpatriotic but I want to leave my country. I feel like I don't belong here. I never felt like I belonged here. I had the opportunity to study in the UK for a year and I realised how much I missed out in my life-the freedom of being myself. I know that every country has its goods and bads but I liked what I had in the UK. Now that I'm back in my country, the feeling of desperation is more than ever and I can't share it with anyone because of being called 'a whiny brat' or an 'overprivilege seeker'. I will not say how Bangladesh is because it will create a huge argument, so I am keeping it about me. I want to get out. I need to get out of this country.

Anyone else feel this way? Have you tried to leave successfully? Any insight will be helpful.

Thanks

UPDATE: Well...I applied for British Army, being a commonwealth citizen and sadly it didn't work out. So, there goes my one option. I will update further the back up plan fails.

Heh, this shows just how funny perspectives can be.

For me, having been born in the UK the country is becoming less and less a place I want to live in. A big part of the population seems intent on voting against their own interests by succumbing to easily appealed to emotions and (put simply) lies. The very institution the vast majority of the country believes in is being dismantled before our very eyes and yet they keep voting for the party that wants to dismantle it. The same party is also trying its best to fuck over the poor, the disabled, the mentally ill and minorities and yet a big part of the population is in "fuck you, got mine" mentality. It is maddening. And it is only going to get worse.

The only consolation I have is at least we don't have Trump but it is a sad state of affairs when the bar is that fucking low.

No, I like my country. Of course there's a desire to see other places but I'm happy and I want to be a positive change in my country. I wouldn't mind moving back to my hometown though, but we'll see. 

6 hours ago, umbasa said:

The only consolation I have is at least we don't have Trump but it is a sad state of affairs when the bar is that fucking low.

It is. I think Trump was the best option for the last election. He's crude, but he says what's on his mind, and we burgermunchers are all hoping he can pull us at least somewhat out of debt.

Until then, I want to be somewhere else.

Archived