I'm confused about why I still have a crush

I Still Get Confused

I Still Get Confused

I am 16 and I am a demisexual and I have had this crush on this guy that is my best friend and I admitted to him that I liked him and he was flattered but didn't see me in that way. We are both chill about it and surprisingly even closer than we were before, but the problem is I have had a crush on him for like 2 months since and I am struggling to get over it, I am beginning to chill a bit about it and am getting feeling for my other best friend and they have a vagina xD but I was searching up and it said that demisexuals find it hard to get over a crush and was wanting to clarify it. thx 

Most people find it hard to get over a crush. Two months is not very long to have a crush, really.

Crushes tend to fade most quickly in two situations:

If you truly believe that you have absolutely no chance of being with that person

Or if you have succeeded in getting with them and the relationship is transitioning to a more mature form. (This typically happens around 2 years or so of being together.)

The longest lasting crushes tend to involve people who are not interested but you still have reason to hope (rightly or wrongly) that there might be a chance. 

Archived