Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

2 minutes ago, Becster said:

@(A)yy Before finding out about my asexuality I would convince myself that I liked someone so I could actually have an answer whenever someone asked, “So who do YOU have a crush on...???”

Also, just wondering, do any of you guys wear ace rings? I’m thinking of getting one so I can (slightly) increase my chances of meeting an asexual in person. I know gay guys, lesbians, bisexuals, trans peeps, heck, even a few pansexuals, but never an asexual. 

Yeah when people would talk about people they thought were attractive I would fully try to connect to that in my head (if that makes sense) like I could understand how someone could think somthing is attractive I just dident see it as attractive myself, like if you see a piece of food that looks nice your just not hungry.

I wear an ace ring but at the moment I only wear it when I’m home or sitting down in a public area where people can’t see my hands, basically I wear it everywhere except where people will notice it, as I’m not out to most people.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Becster said:

Also, just wondering, do any of you guys wear ace rings? I’m thinking of getting one so I can (slightly) increase my chances of meeting an asexual in person. I know gay guys, lesbians, bisexuals, trans peeps, heck, even a few pansexuals, but never an asexual. 

I do, all the time. To be honest, I've had it almost a year and talked to  maybe 1 or 2 people about it.

More people asked me about my flag. but that's because I wore it as a cape...

5 hours ago, Athena32 said:

I hope that helps-- I'm also rather new to this. I can't speak for other teen aces, but I know that I've been there too, and still am there in some ways. 

Thanks, it's good to get reassurance and feel that I'm not alone in this. Especially point number 2, I appreciate that 😁 

44 minutes ago, Becster said:

Ok do any of y'all know where to buy an ace ring? I never wear jewelry but I kinda wanna buy an ace ring, but idk where to look for one. 😂😂

Just now, lizrose17 said:

Ok do any of y'all know where to buy an ace ring? I never wear jewelry but I kinda wanna buy an ace ring, but idk where to look for one. 😂😂

Sometimes there are people with little pop up jewelry tents selling rings and shirts and necklaces on my campus, which is where I got mine (it's stainless steel, so it's cheap and simple). Otherwise if you know your ring size, you might be able to find them online. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, (A)yy said:

Has anyone else tried to force themself to feel attracted by somthing to feel normal before finding out about asexuality .

When I was first questioning myself last year, I remember watching dozens of Fifth Harmony music videos and hyper-analyzing my reaction to them. I remember being confused because the shirtless men covered in oil mainly made me feel extremely uncomfortable, but I figured that I should feel something because I had been (romantically, but I didn't realize it at the time) attracted to boys in the past.

And yes, I've thought that a full bladder was actually arousal before… *facepalm*

Also, I really want an ace ring. I actually saw one in a thrift shop the other day but I didn't have any money on me and I didn't want to explain to my mom why I needed this random black ring when I've literally never worn a ring before. 

• Like 2

I've been thinking… (Uh oh)

The Older Aces get an entire forum to talk about their older aceness, so wouldn't it be awesome to have a Younger Aces forum? I know that there are a lot of specific problems that teen aces have as opposed to older people, and I think that it would be really nice to have an entire forum where we could rant and gripe. We should upgrade from the corner, which is about as small as the kids table at family events (where I still get sent because I'm not adulty enough to sit with the adults and I hate it because I've mostly grown out of laughing at the word poop and talking about farts.)

Thoughts? 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Athena32 said:

The Older Aces get an entire forum to talk about their older aceness, so wouldn't it be awesome to have a Younger Aces forum? I know that there are a lot of specific problems that teen aces have as opposed to older people, and I think that it would be really nice to have an entire forum where we could rant and gripe. We should upgrade from the corner, which is about as small as the kids table at family events (where I still get sent because I'm not adulty enough to sit with the adults and I hate it because I've mostly grown out of laughing at the word poop and talking about farts.)

Thoughts? 

If you want more feedback on this, and more mods to notice it, maybe you could make a topic in the Site Comments forum. 

@Athena32 YES!!! I just joined yesterday, and it took me a little while to find this forum, since it's tucked away in the Musings and Rants. That would make it so much easier, I would sign something to petition for this. ❤️

• Like 1

Sure. Do you think it's a good idea, though? 

When you type and discover someone has already responded...

4 minutes ago, Athena32 said:

Sure. Do you think it's a good idea, though? 

I do like the idea.

• Like 1

Okay so on  the buying an ace ring I used amazon, always order larger then you think you will need for ring size: After ordering one that was too small I just went for the largest size as your middle finger is your largest finger and it’s easy to make a ring smaller as you can just apply an adhesive (like varnish, tape, hot glue gun,) to the inside of the ring  to make the fit tighter you can also measure your finger online with charts I’d say go one or two sizes above that just in case. If you don’t want anyone in your house confused on why your buying rings, you could use my dumb excuse, buy a spinner ring (a ring where the centre can spin) and claim your just buying it as a stress toy like a stress/fidget spinner, the rings are still well made from metal, and if the spinner annoys you just glue it’s down...............

i dont think anyone has made a longer post about buying a ring...

• Like 2
Hayis4horses
20 minutes ago, Athena32 said:

Thoughts? 

16 minutes ago, lizrose17 said:

@Athena32 YES!!! I just joined yesterday, and it took me a little while to find this forum, since it's tucked away in the Musings and Rants. That would make it so much easier, I would sign something to petition for this. ❤️

YA, WE SHOULD DO THIS! It is hard to find unless you specifically search up teen. Which I think is what I ended up doing to find this. 😅

• Like 2

I like the idea of a younger asexual sub forum/section thing but I think It shouldent just be for teenagers but also people in their young-mid twenties as they deal with both issues that would be suitable for the older asexuals sub forum but also issues that translate to a younger asexuals sub forum.

• Like 1

Well, I created a request in the Site Comments forum, so here's hoping it works! 

If people want to comment on it, here's the link. 

• Like 4
Hayis4horses
1 minute ago, Athena32 said:

Well, I created a request in the Site Comments forum, so here's hoping it works! 

If people want to comment on it, here's the link. 

Yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! Athena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Athena32 said:

Thoughts? 

Yes! Definitely! I think we especially need this because we are still figuring out ourselves and we have very specific issues we deal with. 

Also, yeah, I would like to buy an ace ring but I’ve never worn jewelry before so it would seem weird and random to buy a black ring out of the blue. So I like the idea of buying it as a spinner thingy. 

SpACEd Out

Welcome new and new-ish ppl! Awesome idea, Athena!!!!!!!!!! 👍

I've done the searching for attraction thing, making up a crush and trying to convince myself it was real, and yes, the full bladder thing too 🙈🙊

I don't have an ace ring but maybe I'll get one when I start coming out to more people.

Also: you know how iOS has the pride flag emoji? I think it would be really awesome if they made it so when you pressed on that emoji it gave you the option for flags of specific orientations. Like, idk if the pride flag applies to me (not sure about the whole what makes someone LGBT+ and do aces fit with that label) but I'd love to see an ace flag there. For now I usually just use this though: ♠️. And that bitmoji one of you guys posted is cool too!

• Like 1

If any of you want to comment on the teen forum request with your thoughts, that would be lovely. 

16 minutes ago, SpACEd Out said:

Also: you know how iOS has the pride flag emoji? I think it would be really awesome if they made it so when you pressed on that emoji it gave you the option for flags of specific orientations. Like, idk if the pride flag applies to me (not sure about the whole what makes someone LGBT+ and do aces fit with that label) but I'd love to see an ace flag there. For now I usually just use this though: ♠️. And that bitmoji one of you guys posted is cool too!

Having more flags would be super cool. I feel like if they added an ace flag on iOS I'd use it on everything.

I was so excited when I saw the ace bitmoji! One of my friends showed me that they added it to Snapchat, and I put it on my story with these cute aro stickers I saved. It was great.

Yeah, I guess. I'm just wondering what a good solution is. Because it would be really amazing to have a space that's for teens, but bigger than Teen Corner. 

Yeah, I feel like it's more a matter of making Teen Corner easier to find. I still agree it's important though

Mabey just a section in the age category thing to make it easier to find, and Mabey anouther thread specifically for asexual teen questions, so this would be specifically for musings and ranting and just general conversations, but for large questions we could post on the asexual team questions thing

• Like 2

Then we would have two sections, one for asking questions to other teens and one where asexual teens can talk

Do you want to suggest that on the thread? It's not a forum, but that is a good idea. 

Yeah I will, I just feel really bad for the mods right now but I still think it’s a good idea if we make it realistic

Think about it this way scince there would be a whole forum for different age groups we could make our own threads on that forum