Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

PurplePaper

I'm late but Hellooo!!

hey everyone I am also probably a bit late haha but I just found out about this forum and I've only been out as aro/ace for a few months... still a bit confused haha but I feel so much better than before:) anyways just wanted to say hello:)

• Like 3
dragon_nerd

Welcome to AVEN :cake:, and its never too late. :) 

712ab5552b1c35693c7de7e59b0f566b.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome!!

*A picture of a wonderful cake*

• Like 1

Hello to all the new people! 

Also good luck to anyone who has AP exams starting tomorrow!

• Like 2
Tintinfan

Ditto that ^^

GOOD LUCK!!

I just took the AP Chem test and, Jesus I was not ready for that free response portion. I legitimately have no idea whether or not I passed.

• Like 1
dragon_nerd

Good luck

Serpentine-owl

These pictures of cake are not helping me with my motivation to maintain my diet :lol:

• Like 5
PurplePaper

Hello peoples who said hello earlier this week and to all!

Gender-nomad

Okay so...

1. Please make teen coroner happen. I feel like it should involve some dead body puns like in all the social interactions with the friends. Like maybe the friend group just is comfortable with death. (I'm a strong believer that remembering your mortality everyday is key to happiness)

2. I can't believe I waited so long to explore this place. I mean considering how long I've known I'm asexual.

3. I should really be studying for APbio 

4. Graduation is so close I can taste it.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Gender-nomad said:

2. I can't believe I waited so long to explore this place. I mean considering how long I've known I'm asexual.

3. I should really be studying for APbio 

4. Graduation is so close I can taste it.

First of all, welcome!

good luck on your exam, ive already finished my two exams for the year.

yay schools ending! :D

Tintinfan

2 Exams?!! Lucky

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Tintinfan said:

2 Exams?!! Lucky

I know. I'm only in 2 APs this year, but next year I'll be in 7.

• Like 2
happilyirrelevant

I'm in an AP this year but my mom decided to forgo the AP test since it was expensive. Now, of course, she remembers it as my decision and is mad I didn't take it :D I love my mother, and she is amazing, but both of us have bad memories and that can make for some interesting conversations when we remember things differently.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tintinfan said:

2 Exams?!! Lucky

I took 4 ap's this year, I just decided to only take 2 of the exams to avoid stress.

next year I got 5 though. Why have I done this to my self.

good luck on all of yours!

• Like 1
Tintinfan

What are AP? Just interested as over here we have GCSE's ( General Culling of Student Endeveror)

happilyirrelevant
3 minutes ago, Tintinfan said:

What are AP? Just interested as over here we have GCSE's ( General Culling of Student Endeveror)

Advanced Placement. Basically, you take them and get regular high school credit as well as the option to take a paid test at the end of the class and also get college credit. 

PurplePaper

Hnnn, I have to take an AP test that I'm not prepared for at all this week.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 4:56 PM, Gender-nomad said:

Okay so...

1. Please make teen coroner happen. I feel like it should involve some dead body puns like in all the social interactions with the friends. Like maybe the friend group just is comfortable with death. (I'm a strong believer that remembering your mortality everyday is key to happiness)

Hmm, interesting. I'm constantly reminded about death, but I never thought of it that way. And I don't know how I just found this place a few weeks ago. Its astonishing.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PurplePaper said:

Hnnn, I have to take an AP test that I'm not prepared for at all this week.

Which one? AP World?

Gender-nomad
3 hours ago, PurplePaper said:

Hmm, interesting. I'm constantly reminded about death, but I never thought of it that way. And I don't know how I just found this place a few weeks ago. Its astonishing.

I try to think or say out loud something along the lines of 'I am going to die' every day. I know it sounds morbid, however the reality is it's true. No matter how much we don't want to think about it we will all die. Knowing this makes you appreciate life more. It makes you want to try new things and notice what's going on around you. Knowing that I'm going to die forces me to live in the moment.

• Like 2
Internetlionboy
27 minutes ago, Gender-nomad said:

I try to think or say out loud something along the lines of 'I am going to die' every day. I know it sounds morbid, however the reality is it's true. No matter how much we don't want to think about it we will all die. Knowing this makes you appreciate life more. It makes you want to try new things and notice what's going on around you. Knowing that I'm going to die forces me to live in the moment.

Wow I honestly haven't thought about death that way. That's a really interesting way of seeing it and I like it. Yea I agree I want to try to do a lot of new things and travel to places I haven't been before I die. 

PantryMonster

Hi! I'm new here :)

I'm a very very confused sophomore

• Like 1
dragon_nerd

Welcome to AVEN! Have some cake :) :cake: 

pretty-purple-cupcake-wallpaper-4.jpg

• Like 1
athenahono

This makes me feel more welcome with the idea of a thread for teens. Seeing older people on here and giving advice is great and helpful but talking to other teens who relate makes me feel better. 

Hello junior friends! Let's all suffer high school another year together lol

• Like 4

Woaaah! So there is a teen forum on here! Hello from a Junior! 

6 hours ago, athenahono said:

Hello junior friends! Let's all suffer high school another year together lol

Almost done with school! We can make it! To all the underclassmen, I'm sorry. :( Just keep working at it, you'll make it through the awful thing known as high-school! 

• Like 1