Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

1 hour ago, Anxious kid said:

How did I just quote a smiley face incorrectly???

How did I do it for a second time?

I think mine was supposed to change into an emoji because it normally does for me. Maybe because I’m on a phone?

How is everyone holding up?

Deltalorian
5 minutes ago, Ithinkimace said:

Mostly fine, but I've got quite a lot of nervousness in me. My first ever date is tomorrow, with my first in person job interview the day after that. I've also got end of year exams coming up, with a separate end of topic test separate from those. Other than all that, I think I'll be fine.

5 minutes ago, Deltalorian said:

Mostly fine, but I've got quite a lot of nervousness in me. My first ever date is tomorrow, with my first in person job interview the day after that. I've also got end of year exams coming up, with a separate end of topic test separate from those. Other than all that, I think I'll be fine.

Ooh good luck on your date

and your job

and your exams

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Deltalorian said:

I’m sure you’ll do fine on all of these. I’m excited for you!

BigBassFox
1 hour ago, Deltalorian said:

Good luck with exams and stuff! You'll do great!

• Like 1
Spooky Little Kid
2 hours ago, Deltalorian said:

Good luck! I hope everything goes well!

• Like 1
carnival_of_lights
16 minutes ago, Estro said:

Hi im 21 years Old, nice to meet You guys :) Im feeling safe here 

Welcome! :)

carnival_of_lights
On 5/22/2022 at 5:20 PM, Deltalorian said:

Good luck with everything! (I may be slightly late) Let us know how it all goes :)

1 hour ago, Estro said:

Hi nice to meet you!

v01d_g0bl1n
On 5/22/2022 at 9:11 AM, Ithinkimace said:

Almost relapsed on multiple occasions, but managed to fight the urge, and that's about as good as I can get right now so pretty damn well, in a way ❤️

1 hour ago, Estro said:

Hey, welcome! ❤️

• Like 1
v01d_g0bl1n

So, after today, I may not be on AVEN for quite some time. My school year ends in a few weeks, and over the summer, I might not be able to get on a device as often as I am now. I may be on a few more times before the end of the school year, but today I'm going to sign out just in case (then it's a matter of if I can remember my password). I'll miss you guys, and I hope I can talk to you before I sign out today.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, v01d_g0bl1n said:

Almost relapsed on multiple occasions, but managed to fight the urge, and that's about as good as I can get right now so pretty damn well, in a way ❤️

Thats Amazing!!! ♥️♥️♥️

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, v01d_g0bl1n said:

So, after today, I may not be on AVEN for quite some time. My school year ends in a few weeks, and over the summer, I might not be able to get on a device as often as I am now. I may be on a few more times before the end of the school year, but today I'm going to sign out just in case (then it's a matter of if I can remember my password). I'll miss you guys, and I hope I can talk to you before I sign out today.

we'll miss youu ♥️♥️♥️♥️

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, v01d_g0bl1n said:

We will miss you, but I hope you have a good summer. Feel free to talk about anything you like.

v01d_g0bl1n
1 minute ago, DragonWithQuestions said:

We will miss you, but I hope you have a good summer. Feel free to talk about anything you like.

Honestly, all that's going through my brain is how my relationships are fucked up but I'd rather not talk about that, sooooo..

What have you two been thinkin about? ( @Ithinkimace @DragonWithQuestions )

Just now, v01d_g0bl1n said:

Honestly, all that's going through my brain is how my relationships are fucked up but I'd rather not talk about that, sooooo..

What have you two been thinkin about? ( @Ithinkimace @DragonWithQuestions )

I almost definitely failed my music test and yeah-

I'm here if you ever need to talk about anything

v01d_g0bl1n
Just now, Ithinkimace said:

I almost definitely failed my music test and yeah-

I'm here if you ever need to talk about anything

Oof. What was the test on? Music notes, or was it like a playing test?

Just now, v01d_g0bl1n said:

Oof. What was the test on? Music notes, or was it like a playing test?

It was compulsory for the end of year tests. I think it was like music theory?

How is everyone today?

v01d_g0bl1n
6 minutes ago, Ithinkimace said:

It was compulsory for the end of year tests. I think it was like music theory?

Ah, the only tests I've ever had in music were playing tests and note tests

2 minutes ago, Ithinkimace said:

How is everyone today?

Lawrence is close to a relapse right now, but other than that, we're uh... hangin in there, I guess. I got sent out to cofront since his urges were taking over, so him and I will be here together. I may not talk much, though.

Dexter shut up-

Deltalorian
3 hours ago, Estro said:

Welcome! Enjoy your time here!

1 hour ago, v01d_g0bl1n said:

Be sure to focus on yourself over summer! Spend your time off here wisely, and I'll miss you while you're gone.

1 hour ago, v01d_g0bl1n said:

Lawrence is close to a relapse right now, but other than that, we're uh... hangin in there, I guess. I got sent out to cofront since his urges were taking over, so him and I will be here together. I may not talk much, though.

Dexter shut up-

Don't worry, so long as you and the other headmates keep each other safe. 

v01d_g0bl1n
Just now, Deltalorian said:

Be sure to focus on yourself over summer! Spend your time off here wisely, and I'll miss you while you're gone.

Don't worry, so long as you and the other headmates keep each other safe. 

I'll try my best

Yeah, that'll be kind of difficult but

Deltalorian
1 hour ago, Ithinkimace said:

How is everyone today?

Job interview had to be moved to next week. Yesterday, my date had to postpone because she forgot she had therapy, which I'm glad about because my feelings for her have just suddenly disappeared. I don't know what happened, but over the weekend, the crush just kind of went away, as though it had burnt out and all that were remained were cinders.

v01d_g0bl1n
1 minute ago, Deltalorian said:

Job interview had to be moved to next week. Yesterday, my date had to postpone because she forgot she had therapy, which I'm glad about because my feelings for her have just suddenly disappeared. I don't know what happened, but over the weekend, the crush just kind of went away, as though it had burnt out and all that were remained were cinders.

Ah, damn, sorry about that. Are you gonna cancel, or still give it a shot?

Deltalorian
2 minutes ago, v01d_g0bl1n said:

Ah, damn, sorry about that. Are you gonna cancel, or still give it a shot?

I've told her about it, and we've both decided it would be best to cancel it outright. She's super accepting of how I feel (she was at one point aro-questioning) and she's still a super wonderful person to be around, just not a person that I can date. It's just this whole thing has left me feeling pretty heartless and honestly, I'm not even sure it was a crush to begin with. I think that in my desperation to want to date someone, my mind clung to strong platonic feelings and went "look! It's totally romantic, it wouldn't be as strong otherwise!" but my mind couldn't keep the facade up for too long, and I stopped being interested in her romantically. I just need to learn how to free myself from the chains of amatonormativity so that aromantic or not, I will be able to be who I really am, and spend time with others however I want to, without having to justify it to societal expectations.

• Like 1
v01d_g0bl1n
23 minutes ago, Deltalorian said:

I've told her about it, and we've both decided it would be best to cancel it outright. She's super accepting of how I feel (she was at one point aro-questioning) and she's still a super wonderful person to be around, just not a person that I can date. It's just this whole thing has left me feeling pretty heartless and honestly, I'm not even sure it was a crush to begin with. I think that in my desperation to want to date someone, my mind clung to strong platonic feelings and went "look! It's totally romantic, it wouldn't be as strong otherwise!" but my mind couldn't keep the facade up for too long, and I stopped being interested in her romantically. I just need to learn how to free myself from the chains of amatonormativity so that aromantic or not, I will be able to be who I really am, and spend time with others however I want to, without having to justify it to societal expectations.

It's great that she's so understanding! And I get that. I'm not quite aro; I'm demiromantic, but people act all weird when someone I barely know asks me out and I say, "No, I need to know you better." I hate that the "norm" is just "Oh, you're cute, let's date" or "you have to date". Why can't I just date someone for personality? Why can't I just not date? It's so- aggravating. 

Deltalorian
7 minutes ago, v01d_g0bl1n said:

It's great that she's so understanding! And I get that. I'm not quite aro; I'm demiromantic, but people act all weird when someone I barely know asks me out and I say, "No, I need to know you better." I hate that the "norm" is just "Oh, you're cute, let's date" or "you have to date". Why can't I just date someone for personality? Why can't I just not date? It's so- aggravating. 

It's really weird. I've lived the majority perfectly happy with the idea of living alone with a few friends living nearby, but every once in a while, I get hit with a crippling desire to enter a romantic relationship. I think I just feel strong sensual attraction to someone and I go "yeah, that's romance" when in reality I just want someone to hug me.

• Like 1