Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

9 hours ago, Sarartic said:

Hi, I'm new to the forum and only found it recently. Currently struggling over copious amounts of work and stress, or should I say under them? How are you all doing on this fine day?

Welcome 🎂! My school has end-of-year exams coming up, so my life is about to get a lot more stressful too. 

Raine.on.my.parade
On 4/25/2021 at 12:30 AM, Sarartic said:

Hi, I'm new to the forum and only found it recently. Currently struggling over copious amounts of work and stress, or should I say under them? How are you all doing on this fine day?

Honestly, very stressed. I just found out that I have an end of unit test spread over 2 lessons that's used to determine UCAS points on a topic I know nothing about, struggling with gender dysphoria really badly lately, my anxiety has gone through the roof

I'm good thanks, you?

12 minutes ago, acidraine said:

Honestly, very stressed. I just found out that I have an end of unit test spread over 2 lessons that's used to determine UCAS points on a topic I know nothing about, struggling with gender dysphoria really badly lately, my anxiety has gone through the roof

I'm good thanks, you?

Honestly same though, we have a month left of school and all of this quarters school assignments are due tonight and i have three missing assignments in chemistry, and i work right after school until late tonight. I am most definitely struggling with anxieties and dysphorias and I am helping my friend through a breakup. 

• Like 1
On 4/25/2021 at 1:30 AM, Sarartic said:

Welcome! :cake:

I have one week left until my school leaving exams, so not so well...

3 hours ago, AnnaPanni said:

I have one week left until my school leaving exams, so not so well...

Hang in there... it gets better after final exams 

• Like 1

Hello! and hmm... I haven't seen other people than my birthers irl since half an year lol

I mean, it's not like if I ever had friends but still... It is really going on my nerves 

• 2 weeks later...
nerdy_akaashi

hi!! here's some cake if you haven't been given some already :))  

Image result for caramel cake

• Like 1
Cinematic
7 hours ago, Callum1 said:

Hello guys

Hi and welcome to AVEN! 🍰

WinnowSwan

Welcome to AVEN! 🍰

School and stress are greeeat. Totally didn’t have a breakdown and I cut off all my hair... ANYWAYS, how is everybody? Exams go well?

I have a ceramics project that has to be inspired by a piece of art... anyone know of something cool?

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, WinnowSwan said:

Welcome to AVEN! 🍰

School and stress are greeeat. Totally didn’t have a breakdown and I cut off all my hair... ANYWAYS, how is everybody? Exams go well?

I have a ceramics project that has to be inspired by a piece of art... anyone know of something cool?

My exams are still to come, and the general stress level at my school is steadily increasing, yay.

You could do one of Dali’s drippy clocks, because then if it goes wrong you can just paint some numbers on it and say it’s supposed to look that way 

• Like 1

I finished all my school leaving exams a week ago, but I have to wait until 1th of June to know my score... Meh 😑

• Like 2
WinnowSwan
On 5/10/2021 at 11:47 AM, Cinematic said:

You could do one of Dali’s drippy clocks, because then if it goes wrong you can just paint some numbers on it and say it’s supposed to look that way 

Thats such a cool idea! I settled in a mushroom/psychedelic theme, and I think that would be a really cool to incorporate. Thanks so much!

GL on your exams!

• Like 1
FireinaILP01
On 5/8/2021 at 5:33 PM, Callum1 said:

I’m pretty new to this website 

Welcome to the community!

• Like 1
FireinaILP01

so, I'm in choir and we did a dress rehearsal for our pop show today (a pop show is basically a choir concert but we dance too and do more... popular? I guess is the way to put it. songs). So there are two boy choirs before ours, on both of them, the a bunch of the girls in my choir are... is cat calling a thing for boys? IDK. and after, they're saying things like "that one dude, he's really hot" and stuff like that and I'm just here trying not to tell them to shut up and like, I didn't even see it that way? the part's of their songs I could here sounded awesome sure but I couldn't here the entire thing 'cause they were being loud. Anyways, I more confirmation that I'm Ace/Aro and honestly, until I realized that I was Ace/Aro, I probably would have either thought they were wired and trying to fit in with popular media, I was missing something, or just though uhg and tried to ignore them like I was trying to do today. XP

• Like 2
AbbySaysHi
On 5/10/2021 at 3:13 PM, AnnaPanni said:

I finished all my school leaving exams a week ago, but I have to wait until 1th of June to know my score... Meh 😑

Hahaaaa well I took my AP Calculus exam Tuesday May 4th and I don’t hear until the middle of July. I’m right there with you. 

• Like 1
Raine.on.my.parade

So I may have just made one of the worst decisions of my life...

I just applied to be one of my school's wellbeing prefects or House prefects despite having chronic social anxiety 😂😭

AbbySaysHi
5 hours ago, acidraine said:

So I may have just made one of the worst decisions of my life...

I just applied to be one of my school's wellbeing prefects or House prefects despite having chronic social anxiety 😂😭

Hey, maybe it’ll get better! I don’t claim to know anything about social anxiety and extenuating circumstances, but getting into a leadership position with my band (maybe not related at all to this) really helped my confidence and my social skills. 

• Like 1
WriteOfPassage

New-ish here. age 15. I've been poking around the forums for awhile, but I'm trying to be more involved part of the community...

So... I'm only out to my mother, not my father and yesterday I was up late studying with my friends (male) and my dad told me to get off the phone. So I did. And this morning my mom was like I don't know what makes you think you can be on the phone all hours of the night. And I was like it was school and she's like I know you like people platonically or whatever but that's not appropriate/okay (mind you I stayed up till 2 am talking to my BFF (female) and no one complained). I don't get it, but she never really gave me a straight answer.

Anyway, has this happened to anyone else?

• Like 2
AbbySaysHi
2 hours ago, WriteOfPassage said:

New-ish here. age 15. I've been poking around the forums for awhile, but I'm trying to be more involved part of the community...

So... I'm only out to my mother, not my father and yesterday I was up late studying with my friends (male) and my dad told me to get off the phone. So I did. And this morning my mom was like I don't know what makes you think you can be on the phone all hours of the night. And I was like it was school and she's like I know you like people platonically or whatever but that's not appropriate/okay (mind you I stayed up till 2 am talking to my BFF (female) and no one complained). I don't get it, but she never really gave me a straight answer.

Not really. My mom makes a huge deal about like me and my girlfriend staying appropriate even though I’m ace and all I wanna do is cuddle. But she’s like you guys can’t share a bed or room together at college and I’m like ok but it doesn’t matter anyway because I’m ace 

• Like 2

My parents doesn't even believe me being gay and think that my male friends might be potential SO-s, but at least they think friendship can exist between any people, so they let me talk to whoever I want to on the phone if I'm quiet enough.

• Like 3
Sarpagandha
On 5/21/2021 at 6:20 PM, WriteOfPassage said:

I think even though your mom logically knows you are aro/ace, the concept is difficult for many allos to understand. So even if it doesn't make sense, she is treating you like an allo-het girl, perhaps without even realizing that it is unnecessary. 

Perhaps she just needs some more time to understand asexuality more thoroughly. 

I have a similar experience, in that my father doesn't want me to date because of "biology" and physical urges being difficult to control. As an ace I find that funny lol. Still, I experience romantic attraction so I suppose his advice still applies in an emotional aspect. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
AbbySaysHi
5 hours ago, FireinaILP01 said:

Happy Pride Month Everybody!

Happy pride month! I decided to go to school decked out in a rainbow necklace, shirt, and socks. And I decorated my graduation cap in rainbow! It’s been a good day. 

• Like 7
  • 3 weeks later...