Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

So I have a non ace related question, do strawberries taste like sweetened blood to anyone else? I haven't found anyone else who thinks they do and I want to know if I'm going crazy.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, •◡• said:

So I have a non ace related question, do strawberries taste like sweetened blood to anyone else? I haven't found anyone else who thinks they do and I want to know if I'm going crazy.

Something tells me that most people won't be able to answer from experience 😋😋

6 hours ago, •◡• said:

Wait.... okay....

Now that I think about it, yes!!!

THAT’S SO TRUE! 🍓

You're not crazy (unless I’m crazy, too 🤪)

• Like 1

@Earth and Moon thank you! I haven't been able to find anyone else who agreed with me, now everyone at my school thinks I'm even more strange than they already did.

• Like 1

...where are y'all tasting blood in order to be able to compare it to the strawberries? We talking human blood or like blood sausage? 

@Carbon-12. I was talking about human blood. There are several situations in which you might taste blood, like biting your lip or something.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, •◡• said:

@Carbon-12. I was talking about human blood. There are several situations in which you might taste blood, like biting your lip or something.

Fair! Or flossing, I suppose.

• Like 2

blood’s never tasted metallic for me 

strawberries are sweeter than blood, but I’ve never considered them to be a sweeter version of blood

...no I’m not a vampire.

Now that I think about it they kind of do. 

• Like 1

Ok so my friend is going to be in the school play and his role has a lot of kissing and he is very excited about it but I don’t really get it. How can he actually want to have his first kiss be so awkward and stuff? Or maybe it’s just me being ace and it actually makes sense to people

• Like 2

Yeah... I'm a bit of an actor too, and I've definitely had that thought before. Like what if I have to kiss someone I hate? What's the point?

(Though tbh, this is a little how I figured out I was bi.)

I once had a friend who didn't talk to the person she was supposed to kiss at all, just did it in the scene. That's not something I could ever attempt, I'd need a full-on planning session. 

• Like 1

I haven't done any acting that would require that, but the thought is absolutely terrifying. I'm not even comfortable with using the word "kiss", actually doing the thing seems way too far.

• Like 1
no-longer-in-use

I'm an actor and I've never had to kiss someone for a show, although I imagine it would be awkward. I wouldn't particularly want my first kiss to be fake, also.

• Like 1

not an actor but you couldn't pay me a hundred dollars to do that. in my case it's not really just a matter of the first kiss being awkward and all, but more like it's not genuine?

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, eter said:

more like it's not genuine?

I can see that. I think I'm also just really scared of physical contact in general though. So any kiss would freak me out. I think I'm pretty immature, so it's interesting to see what someone who does seem to want to take part in kissing at some point thinks of this.

2 hours ago, •◡• said:

I can see that. I think I'm also just really scared of physical contact in general though. So any kiss would freak me out. I think I'm pretty immature, so it's interesting to see what someone who does seem to want to take part in kissing at some point thinks of this.

well, i'd definitely kiss my boyfriend (if i were actually able to, LDRs are hard sometimes :/), so maybe i'm a bit biased? i can definitely say that i'm no way comfortable outside of this particular circumstance though. i'd also freak out if anyone else attempts it - applicable both now and before my current relationship.

• Like 1
Miss_Bookworm

Highlight of my day: finding out spotify has John Mulaney shows on it.

I am currently doing my anatomy homework while listening to "New in Town" and trying not to burst out laughing😂

Update

The One Thing You Can't Replace just started😂😂

• Like 1

“New in Town” is so ridiculously funny I can’t stand it

the delta airlines sequence is pure comedy gold in my personal opinion.

• Like 1
Miss_Bookworm
2 hours ago, Ella Joy said:

“New in Town” is so ridiculously funny I can’t stand it

the delta airlines sequence is pure comedy gold in my personal opinion.

The delta airlines sequence is 10x funnier when I remember that my aunt is a stewardess for delta😂

• Like 1

The only contact I've ever had with John Mulaney's work was listening to a couple of hours things on Spotify. It was very enjoyable. From how great you're all making it seem, I should probably listen again.

• Like 2

Not an actor, but if I was and had to kiss someone 🤢, well let's just say...they can't make me.

• Like 3
Miss_Bookworm
15 hours ago, •◡• said:

The only contact I've ever had with John Mulaney's work was listening to a couple of hours things on Spotify. It was very enjoyable. From how great you're all making it seem, I should probably listen again.

DO IT!!! He's so funny!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Miss_Bookworm said:

DO IT!!! He's so funny!

Okay! You're intimidating enough, I will.

• Like 2
On 2/26/2020 at 12:21 AM, Star... said:

Ok so my friend is going to be in the school play and his role has a lot of kissing and he is very excited about it but I don’t really get it. How can he actually want to have his first kiss be so awkward and stuff? Or maybe it’s just me being ace and it actually makes sense to people

I think first kiss is maybe a little overrated, I've kissed guys and girls before but it wasn't really anything special, not bad, not good, just something. It's not really awkward, I mean, maybe it is if you actually have a crush on the person, but if you don't, it's really nothing special. I see why he would be excited since it's, as you said, his first kiss, but I don't know, maybe he will experience it differently. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, EllyAlex said:

I think first kiss is maybe a little overrated, I've kissed guys and girls before but it wasn't really anything special, not bad, not good, just something. It's not really awkward, I mean, maybe it is if you actually have a crush on the person, but if you don't, it's really nothing special. I see why he would be excited since it's, as you said, his first kiss, but I don't know, maybe he will experience it differently. 

to be honest, i don't think i ever understood the concept of a first kiss properly, is it meant to be like a milestone or something?? or is it just something people pay attention to?

• Like 1

It’s one of those things that seems like a big thing, but when it happens it’s probably with some random person you’ll try not to think about afterwards. Yep, you kissed someone. Good job. You are now an adult, I guess. 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Ella Joy said:

It’s one of those things that seems like a big thing, but when it happens it’s probably with some random person you’ll try not to think about afterwards.

i hope it's not with a random person *shudders*

• Like 2