Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

no-longer-in-use
4 hours ago, mexicanpotato said:

I was never interested in having a boyfriend and had never had a crush so I figured I was aro, then I realized that QPRs sounded good if the partner was a girl so I was like maybe I'm homoromantic, but the thought of kissing someone has never crossed my mind and I wouldn't like it with boys or girls. It was hard but I finally thought that I may be demi homoromantic or something.

Have you heard of alterous attraction? That might be fitting.

• Like 1
mexicanpotato
21 hours ago, Coddiwomple said:

Have you heard of alterous attraction? That might be fitting.

Never heard of it until now and wow, I think it's happening like when I figured out I was ace and just freaked out...maybe I am, maybe not, it took me like four months to accept my asexuality and being confortable with it so I'll come back and tell you if it was fitting, but thank you so much

• Like 2
no-longer-in-use
1 hour ago, mexicanpotato said:

Never heard of it until now and wow, I think it's happening like when I figured out I was ace and just freaked out...maybe I am, maybe not, it took me like four months to accept my asexuality and being confortable with it so I'll come back and tell you if it was fitting, but thank you so much

No problem, I'm glad I was able to help!

• Like 1

Romantic attraction is so difficult, I'm always doubting my romantic orientation. I'm either pan-romantic and have a crush on literally all my friends, or I'm aromantic. Personally I don't care which it is. I have had a girlfriend before and might again. The idea doesn't bother me, I just don't really know the difference between a very good friend and a romantic partner. I always thought that a romantic partner was just an incredibly close friend. I don't really say my romantic attraction often because it confuses me, I just stick with ace. When I do have to say it though I usually say pan-romantic though because that makes other people happy and ends up with a similar result in my opinion. If I'm aro but will date someone because that's what they want I don't see why I would care if people saw me as pan-romantic. It is a bit confusing though when what you think of as a crush applies to all of your friends on varying levels. Maybe they're all squishes, I don't care. The end result should be about the same.

Edit: sorry, that got a bit long

Edited by •◡•
Clarification
  • Like 2
On 10/12/2019 at 1:17 AM, Carbon-12 said:

Out of curiousity- do any of you have aro &/or ace friends or know someone who's part of the community irl?  

I just learned one of my friends is ace, but he said if he thinks it’ll confuse people by saying biromantic ace, he’ll just default to saying bisexual. When I first met him, he just said he was bi, so I thought he was bisexual for a long time.

mexicanpotato
16 hours ago, •◡• said:

I don't really say my romantic attraction often because it confuses me, I just stick with ace.

SAME

• Like 2
Celestial_Strawberry

So today I found out that two of my friends are ace. Including myself, there are 3 asexuals in one class period. What. How? I have no idea what just happened but it's amazing.

• Like 4
On 4/21/2017 at 3:57 AM, dragon_nerd said:

And also welcome to AVEN!

This great idea!!! 🙏💚 Glad to know that there are some many "normal" Souls like me. The vital energy is so SACRED, why wasting it unnecessarily??? Why not rather through sublimation utilize it to co-create??? 😉👌.. Let's all evolve, transcend & be the souls we each means to be, achieving our purpose in this life for once! 🙌

It has been a very bumpy path, still I will  reach the perfect PURITY one ought to. 🙏

Finally I have a label that is  clear & has an important meaning!

Enlightenment.. Grace.. Inner peace..bliss, in abundance

Comrade Kitty

I recently realized that I have a crush on my bff. It blew me away. But it kinda makes sense, and ITS TERRIBLE! I'M JUST STARSTRUCK! Shes all i can think about all day and it drives me insane! And the fact that she doesn't like me back doesn't help, cause then i start doubting myself and i start feeling worthless. Its personally just a vicious cycle of confusion and depression. I have made some progress on the topic of figuring my romantic orientation out, but its gonna take me a while. So when i first came to aven, i thought heteroromantic, then I thought demiheteroromantic, then just demiromantic cause i honestly had no idea, and now is bi(?)demiromantic. So yeah...... anyways...... how is everybody doing?

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Celestial_Strawberry said:

So today I found out that two of my friends are ace. Including myself, there are 3 asexuals in one class period. What. How? I have no idea what just happened but it's amazing.

I wish i knew other ace people irl. 

Also, that's amazing how that turned out.

Edited by ZooBot
added scentence.
  • Like 2
mexicanpotato
19 hours ago, Celestial_Strawberry said:

Amazing, that doesn't happen to me :(

18 hours ago, AuraKitty said:

I recently realized that I have a crush on my bff. It blew me away. But it kinda makes sense, and ITS TERRIBLE! I'M JUST STARSTRUCK! Shes all i can think about all day and it drives me insane! And the fact that she doesn't like me back doesn't help, cause then i start doubting myself and i start feeling worthless. Its personally just a vicious cycle of confusion and depression. I have made some progress on the topic of figuring my romantic orientation out, but its gonna take me a while. So when i first came to aven, i thought heteroromantic, then I thought demiheteroromantic, then just demiromantic cause i honestly had no idea, and now is bi(?)demiromantic. So yeah...... anyways...... how is everybody doing?

Oh, I've never had a crush and don't think I will but that sounds hard, especially since you are figuring out your romantic orientation

• Like 3

Hi @TheRavenclaw2! Welcome to the teen corner, I really like it here. Here's some Halloween themed cake that scared me. (I'm scared of everything)halloween-cakes-apple-1537891492.jpg?cro

• Like 1

Hey! I’m new here and I just had a question. Are the black rings specifically for only aro/ace people or do they apply to everyone who is asexual but might have a different romantic orientation? Thanks!

On 10/30/2019 at 3:55 AM, Demiro said:

Hey! I’m new here and I just had a question. Are the black rings specifically for only aro/ace people or do they apply to everyone who is asexual but might have a different romantic orientation? Thanks!

Hi there! I’m think I’m panromantic asexual and I wear the ring to show ace pride. Any ace person can wear the ring!

Here’s some cake 🍰 

• Like 2
Miss_Bookworm
13 hours ago, Guest said:

Anyone who identifies as Ace can wear an Ace ring!

Also, welcome to AVEN!!!!

delish-halloween-cake-horizontal-1539895

The ace ring is for all ace’s, I think that there was discussion of possibly having a separate aro ring but I don’t know if they decided on anything. 

Hey!

Hi! A lot of people already answered your question so I can't really be helpful. I'm just here to give you some cake40-pretty-fabulous-ombre-wedding-cakes-2

Oops I'm supposed to do Halloween cake. Here you gofaultline-halloween-cake.jpg

**Violet 2.O**
3 hours ago, •◡• said:

Oops I'm supposed to do Halloween cake. Here you gofaultline-halloween-cake.jpg

Thats so gorgeous

1 hour ago, **Violet 2.O** said:

Thats so gorgeous

It's kinda creepy. Like I said before, everything scares me.

Hi! I'm not sure if you are the guest that posted earlier or not but I figure I should welcome you, just in case. Welcome to the teen corner! Have some cakescary-halloween-monster-cake_200048.jpg

I think I'm gonna have nightmares from this cake. I think it's the teeth. I can't wait until I can use nice cakes again

• Like 1