Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

You get used to it. My elementary school had less than 500 kids total which was REALLY small, only 80 kids in my grade. My Middle School had 2100 kids with 600 in just my grade. The change was scary at first but the school is so big that you never even see some people. My parents were in the same school for four years before they noticed each other. It was actually the same school that I attend now. 

• Like 2

My class size was about 28 students in High school but in my local community college our class size is 12.

46 minutes ago, Member114264 said:

My class size was about 28 students in High school but in my local community college our class size is 12.

That's about my class sizes for college too, community college was around 15 per class. The largest community college class started with 45, but by midterms the professor had succeeded in scaring away everyone because of the workload and it was down to 10. I was surprised my university class sizes are about the same, tending to average 10 per class (I will admit I take obscure depressing classes), but I do have a 300-person class outlier though, but probably only about half show up.

I was amazed how many people wouldn't show up to class in community college and I expected university would have less absences, but apparently not. 

We try to keep the classes at about 32 kids and we have a lot of teachers and classrooms, but some classes end up in the forties sometimes. We are actually over capacity and have had to do several remodels recently. It’s really hectic in the hallways in between classes because everyone is in the same small portion of the school. It’s actually a fire hazard when the school has an assembly and everyone is packed into the gym. 😂

Comrade Kitty

My school is tiny, but its not private, it is technically public, its a charter. My class which is 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th graders is 38 kids total. I am in 8th grade, and including me, there are 11 8th graders in my school. But don't get me wrong, I don't live in a tiny little town or anything. I live in a big city, but I go to a weird school :P

I loved having a small school, it's hard to make new friends when you don't even see half the people in there. Not that I want to go out into the world and make new friends. 😂

• Like 1

Up until last year I was at a tiny private school. The highschool was combined with 7th and 8th and we had 23 people in total.

I almost went to private school multiple times.

As usual I protested against the idea because i don't want to be fancy, be bombarded by bible study or wear a uniform.

So, remember when i mentioned this Academic and Career Exploration day that was happening for my class a few days ago (For those of you who don't, here it is)

Spoiler
On 9/26/2019 at 9:04 AM, ZooBot said:

Yo guys, gals, and non-binary pals, i just had a teacher come into my class and start talking about ACE Day. Sadly, it wasn't the kind of ACE Day i would have perferred. Instead, it was Academic and Career Exploration Day, which still sounds super cool, but she introduced it by saying she wanted to talk to us about ACE Day and i looked up from my laptop so fast i almost got whiplash.

Well, that was today. Since my class that was going on the trip was a computer programming class, we were promised some IT stuff to see. Well, we saw dentistry, X-ray tech, Cosmetology, Suicide Prevention, and Early Childhood Education stuff there, which was all super neat and informative, but no IT stuff. My teachers were equally disappointed and are going to try arranging another trip just to go see the IT people.

• Like 4

This girl who bullied me in primary school has decided she's my best friends new bestie *barfing at the thought of that morons existence.* My friend hates her, but is to worried about the teacher thinking we're being mean to her, so doesn't tell her where she can stick her "friendship." So she sat with us in drama, so I spent the lesson being as passive aggressive and snarky as possible. It was great. How was your day?

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, SamTheSheep said:

This girl who bullied me in primary school has decided she's my best friends new bestie *barfing at the thought of that morons existence.* My friend hates her, but is to worried about the teacher thinking we're being mean to her, so doesn't tell her where she can stick her "friendship." So she sat with us in drama, so I spent the lesson being as passive aggressive and snarky as possible. It was great. How was your day?

Once a bully, always a bully.

Don't trust 'em

Just now, Member114264 said:

Don't trust 'em

Her old friend moved schools suddenly, just after the classes all got changed so they'd never be in the same room. I'm pretty sure she bullied her best friend so much she moved school.

1 minute ago, SamTheSheep said:

Her old friend moved schools suddenly, just after the classes all got changed so they'd never be in the same room. I'm pretty sure she bullied her best friend so much she moved school.

Wouldn't surprise me.

But one time, 

I got each and every person who attempted to bully me or my friends into ISS and/or suspended in one go.

As usual they were either valley girls or wannabe jocks who harass people to make themselves feel better.

2 minutes ago, Member114264 said:

Wouldn't surprise me.

But one time, 

I got each and every person who attempted to bully me or my friends into ISS and/or suspended in one go.

As usual they were either valley girls or wannabe jocks who harass people to make themselves feel better.

The only good thing is even the annoying popular kids hate her, in primary school she just bullied everyone.

Hayis4horses
On 10/4/2019 at 8:33 AM, Member114264 said:

Don't trust 'em

I disagree.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, anxiousdolphin134 said:

draco malfoy yall

Are you saying Draco Malfoy is a bully who is always a bully or someone who actually turns better in the end? There are two ways of reading the character of Draco.

Personally the only time I was really bullied the bully later realized I was better to have as a friend, since I could help him with homework, than an enemy who reported him to the teachers. By the end of that school year he was not really a full friend, but a lot more friend-like than many others. 

So I do think bullies can change, but sometimes it is funner to have an enemy.

• Like 2

Last night I dreamed that I came out as ace to my friends.  

A few weeks ago one of my friends noticed the lgbt+ pride ribbon on my backpack and asked if I was gay.  In reality, I deflected the question, but in this dream, the same scenario happened and I told her that I'm asexual.  

It was a scarily accurate dream.  I was shaking, I couldn't look her in the eye (which is what I do whenever I get nervous), and I had the distinct realization that I wouldn't be able to undo this and go back to being closeted.  But at the same time it was such a relief to say it.  I'm simultaneously happy and sad that I woke up.  

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, PurpleOrochi said:

Hey everyone!

I hope that you are doing quite well! :^)

Welcome to AVEN PurpleOrochi 🍰!

I actually am doing well (right now at least) so your hope wasn't needed in my case, hopefully you are doing well.

• Like 1

I love this community honestly I wish I could have cake with all of you! Oh and I just came out to my big sister friend (I’m an only child so that’s what I say to describe her) and it went great! Oh and I saw this video on YouTube about asexual memes that I will link bellow. I just want to say I love you all and I’m glad we all get to grow together!

• Like 2
coelacanthiformes
On 10/5/2019 at 7:36 PM, Aebt-Ætheling said:

Are you saying Draco Malfoy is a bully who is always a bully or someone who actually turns better in the end? There are two ways of reading the character of Draco.

i was saying that he became a better person in the end, which is shown in cursed child (btw i hardcore ship scorbus)

8 hours ago, anxiousdolphin134 said:

i was saying that he became a better person in the end, which is shown in cursed child (btw i hardcore ship scorbus)

Ah, the Cursed Child, I haven't read (or watched) it. My sister read it advised me not to read it and I have never heard anyone say it was good. I guess I never think of the Cursed Child when I think of the series.

Did you like it?

The Cursed Child is not worth the read. I love Harry Potter if you couldn’t tell from my username and profile and I don’t consider it part of the series. I have decided that J. K. Rowling stopped trying a long time ago. 

So yesterday i was joking around with a friend who implied that i 'didn't like sex cause i hadn't had it with her' as a joke, which was the first time i had ever had anyone say something like that to me. So i just kinda froze, and she turns and ask me what's wrong. I, of course explain that saying that to someone who is ace is actually a pretty rude/offensive statement.

Now before you accuse my friend of being a bad friend, she didn't know how rude/offensive that was to ace people and immediately apologized after i explained it to her. She's supportive of my asexuality, but i'm pretty sure that i'm the first asexual person she's ever met, so she does have some issues understanding it. But she tries, and she still cares about me, that's all i really ask of people.

Ya'll, if someone you know says something rude or offensive, make sure you explain that to them before immediately jumping to getting mad at them. They may not have known it was a rude or offensive statement and might have been joking with no intent to hurt your feelings. Explain what they did wrong, give them a chance to correct their behavior, and if they don't then that's fine, you don't have to put up with someone who isn't willing to respect you when you say that something they are doing hurts your feelings. 

• Like 8
coelacanthiformes
15 hours ago, Koala Hufflepuff said:

The Cursed Child is not worth the read.

cursed child is okay but kinda disappointing imo

1 minute ago, anxiousdolphin134 said:

cursed child is okay but kinda disappointing imo

It was pretty much just a messed up paradox written as a play.