Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

Celestial_Strawberry

I'm out to some friends. I'm pretty open about my asexuality at school, but I've only told one family member because I have a super religious family so it's a lot more scary. People at school are really cool about it though. Despite going to a religious school, I have a lot of friends who identify as LGBTQ+ which is really nice. There are some people who I haven't told because I don't know them that well or because it just hasn't come up in conversation, though.

• Like 4

Well, hello to the new ones!!! You're a lot, glad to have so many new ones to talk about random stuff over here hahahah

Soooo, I just learned about the psicosexual theory of Freud at school and was like WTF is this, it was just so awkard and the teacher was like "so at the ened everyone ends up looking for someone to share sexual pleasure" and I was really weirded out and ready to freak out and walk away from the classroom

• Like 2

@mexicanpotato, I'm pretty sure most of Freud's theories have been disproven. I don't know if the psychosexual over has been but I'm pretty sure it has. Of course it might still be valid. Freud is pretty controversial, so you could argue that his theories are fine if you want. My psych teacher has said that Freud's theory's are mostly disproven though.

So coming back from that tangent the theory could be weird because it might be missing some important information.

Also asexuality is in the DSM-V so I'm pretty sure most theories will be a bit strange around the topic of asexuality.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, mexicanpotato said:

Well, hello to the new ones!!! You're a lot, glad to have so many new ones to talk about random stuff over here hahahah

Soooo, I just learned about the psicosexual theory of Freud at school and was like WTF is this, it was just so awkard and the teacher was like "so at the ened everyone ends up looking for someone to share sexual pleasure" and I was really weirded out and ready to freak out and walk away from the classroom

Freud’s theories are mostly taught as showing a background for Psychology as in what it used to be. Most of his ideas are taken with a grain of salt today. My teacher taught it in that his ideas weren’t focused on the sexual aspects but that the sexual aspects are what others focus on when looking at his theories. I don’t know if that is true or not, but he was a cocaine addict for a decade or two.

• Like 5

Also today was homecoming at my school, and I decided to spend that time playing video games by myself!

• Like 4
Celestial_Strawberry
23 hours ago, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

Also today was homecoming at my school, and I decided to spend that time playing video games by myself!

That's what I'm gonna do this year. Homecoming at my school is pretty boring, so I'll probably spend the night trying to get through the new Celeste chapter that just came out.

• Like 1

@el_gg I almost missed you. You gotta get your cake. (It's AVEN tradition to give new members cake pictures)kittycatcake.jpg?itok=7MbTbNhW

• Like 2
On 9/14/2019 at 7:33 PM, •◡• said:

@mexicanpotato, I'm pretty sure most of Freud's theories have been disproven. I don't know if the psychosexual over has been but I'm pretty sure it has. Of course it might still be valid. Freud is pretty controversial, so you could argue that his theories are fine if you want. My psych teacher has said that Freud's theory's are mostly disproven though.

So coming back from that tangent the theory could be weird because it might be missing some important information.

Also asexuality is in the DSM-V so I'm pretty sure most theories will be a bit strange around the topic of asexuality.

On 9/14/2019 at 10:17 PM, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

Freud’s theories are mostly taught as showing a background for Psychology as in what it used to be. Most of his ideas are taken with a grain of salt today. My teacher taught it in that his ideas weren’t focused on the sexual aspects but that the sexual aspects are what others focus on when looking at his theories. I don’t know if that is true or not, but he was a cocaine addict for a decade or two.

Good to know they're not "valid" nowadays, but I don't think my teacher has heard of that. She's still trying to convince my classmates that the way you pooped in your childhood has something to do with your personality today

• Like 1

I never went to any prom, dances, homecoming, or any school events.

On my graduation day I was just cruising in a plane being the pilot in command taking both my mom and a friend of mine. 

Then for rally's and exam days I headed to the auditorium to joke around with any friends or allies that I could find.

4 hours ago, mexicanpotato said:

Good to know they're not "valid" nowadays, but I don't think my teacher has heard of that. She's still trying to convince my classmates that the way you pooped in your childhood has something to do with your personality today

Oof

My Psych teacher told us the first day that anything Freud said is to be taken with a grain of salt, and he talks a lot about the P.T. Barnum/Forer Effect, which kinda reminds me of what your teacher is saying about how things affect your personality.

But definitely think twice if anything seems weird, Psych isn't an exact science😂

• Like 2

The most difficult unit in my psych class last year was the “emotion” unit. About 20% was on hunger, ~78% on sexual attraction, arousal, and the sexual response cycle, while there was a total of 1 slide on the 100+ slide power point dedicated to mentioning emotions such as happiness, sadness, anger, etc.

• Like 2
actualcakebytheocean

Hello, everyone, just dropping in! I'm new here. I don't really know what else to say at the moment haha. 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, actualcakebytheocean said:

Hello, everyone, just dropping in! I'm new here. I don't really know what else to say at the moment haha. 

Welcome to AVEN.

Prepare to be bombarded by cake.

nbCcsd0.jpg

• Like 1
actualcakebytheocean
1 hour ago, Member114264 said:

Welcome to AVEN.

Prepare to be bombarded by cake.

nbCcsd0.jpg

The more cake the better! 😅

• Like 1

Off topic, but is anyone else procrastinating on something due in tomorrow? 

For me its memorising lines for my Spanish speaking test. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, SamTheSheep said:

For me it's doing the push up test for my online gym class

What a great idea to have a teen corner :) I just joined aven yesterday and already feel so good about this. I honestly never thought I would find this many likeminded people. I'm so happy!!!

• Like 2
Margayocelot666
4 hours ago, SamTheSheep said:

My math worksheet 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Member114264 said:

Well I guess that I'll be 20 in one and a half days huh?

I guess you will be departing Teen Corner shortly then, farewell!

I still have 9 months until I will similarly end up departing the Teen Corner.

Do remember to drop by at least once in a while.

I'll never know how you managed to get 7000+ posts over a period of time shorter than my mere 700, you must be a forum-posting machine.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Aebt said:

I guess you will be departing Teen Corner shortly then, farewell!

I still have 9 months until I will similarly end up departing the Teen Corner.

Do remember to drop by at least once in a while.

I'll never know how you managed to get 7000+ posts over a period of time shorter than my mere 700, you must be a forum-posting machine.

Nah I just got a lot of free time.

But hopefully enough I'll get a job somewhere at either an animal shelter, bookstore, resale store, at a pet shop or in a library soon.

Who knows I might get some more friends to hangout with.

• Like 2

Update on the speaking test, its been postponed because my teacher was off, and I'm so mad because we're off on Monday so it'll be Thursday when we do the test, and I'll probably forget everything. WOOP WOOP. 

• Like 2
On 9/18/2019 at 1:02 PM, SamTheSheep said:

I have a project due tomorrow and a week to do it. Started it this evening.

• Like 1

I used to procrastinate here and there.

Especially on writing and english class projects.

I'm more of a visual and thinking type, but not the writing kind.

Ahah I always put off essays till the day before it's due in - I love making notes and answering questions that need me to think and learning language vocab or something but essays (particularly English ones) I absolutely can't stand doing lol 

Btw is anyone here from the UK and doing A-Level / has done it? I just started doing my a levels and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or warnings and stuff haha