Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

Hi here's a first post as I don't know many ace people oof I need friends

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Aceupmysleeve4 said:

So basically this is my first post here, and I wanted to say how glad I am that I found this community. Ever since this summer I’ve been completely out as an asexual and have found at least two other people who are ace as well. Finding ace people is hard because not only are we a minority, some of us spend a lot of time not questioning their sexuality because of what is considered normal. 

I'm not completely out but I came out to a total stranger on a trip and turns out they were ace tok and then we found another ace and we just bonded through that and I don't think I've even been as grateful as I am for them about anyone because I can tell them about my feelings and ace stuff and they get i

• Like 2
5 hours ago, ClumpyWoods said:

Hi here's a first post as I don't know many ace people oof I need friends

What a mood, I'll be your friend! 

Comrade Kitty

So many newbies! Welcome all of you! 🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰

Miss_Bookworm

Okay question for the Young Justice Fans on here:

What did you guys think of season 3?

BlazeIntoDreams

hello! I'm also new here and a big part of me coming here is how everyone I'm friends with irl constantly talks about smut and all that sexual stuff and I feel super left out, I don't know any fellow aces so I'd like to get to know more people who actually get me

• Like 3

Did the boat of new teen asexuals just dock? There have been a ton of new people lately.

Welcome all to AVEN and specifically the Teen Corner!

I'm not going to search for an image of a cake (too lazy right now), so just enjoy my singular emoji one.

🍰

• Like 2

@BlazeIntoDreams hi! I also really really want to meet other aces. The only other one I know is in my area wasn't out when I talked to her. 

Here is your cake:cakes-glorious-cakes.jpg

• Like 3

Hey does anyone play drums here? I do to grade 4 idk i need friends lol

6 hours ago, ClumpyWoods said:

I do not but I want to. I just don't have the equipment. I play guitar though

7 hours ago, ClumpyWoods said:

I play drums. 🥁

3 hours ago, a fancy fish said:

hello fellow teens, i was wondering if you've come out to anyone as asexual, and if you have, how old were you?

I came out to my close group of friends. They were all very caring and happy that I was no longer "the straight friend", I am now "the ace friend", I like my new nickname. But I told my friends just after I turned 13. I had known for about 2 months before then. And I have only told my closest friend that I am demiromantic, and I told them that less than a month ago, and I'm still 13. 

I just remembered that my whole class knows I'm ace, so yep. But no one outside of my class knows. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, a fancy fish said:

i was wondering if you've come out to anyone as asexual, and if you have, how old were you?

I kind of told my parents: under a list of vaccines I needed there was a recommended section including vaccines for STDs. My mom said it would be probably be good for me to get them to which I responded with I didn't really care if I got them or not but I highly doubt I would have sex, before outlining basically what asexuality is. I made it purely off my own lack of attraction or desire however, without actually mentioning the word asexuality.

I was 18, not too long ago actually.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, a fancy fish said:

hello fellow teens, i was wondering if you've come out to anyone as asexual, and if you have, how old were you?

I was out only to two friends as ace (others knew I was LGBTQ+, well, debatebly LGBTQ+) I was out to both my parents, and I was out to my crush (again I think it's a crush. Squishes and crushes are hard to differentiate for me.) Today though I met another ace. Which was great, first one I've met in person. I only learned that they were ace though because one of my other friends knew I was because of my ring and yelled it in the middle of the lunch area. So I'm pretty sure a lot of people know now.

• Like 2
On 9/10/2019 at 3:55 PM, a fancy fish said:

I came out to my stepdad, mom, and sister as ace, as well as my friend group, last summer. I was 15 then. Throughout the year last year I came out to people in GSA and if people asked about an ace joke I made or if I made a comment that had to do with being ace.

Honestly if anyone asked, I'd probably tell them, and I frequently wear a shirt with the ace pride flag on it and wear my ace ring almost everyday.

• Like 4
On 9/10/2019 at 2:55 PM, a fancy fish said:

I came out to the majority of my friends and one of my sisters a bit ago and I was about 15 I think(I'm 16 now)

• Like 3
coelacanthiformes
On 9/10/2019 at 12:55 PM, a fancy fish said:

I've come out to two of my best friends, my therapist, and one of my parents, all while I was 13. I don't want to come out to a lot of people because I'm still young and I want to come out once I'm sure of my (a)sexual identity. I've come out as bi-romantic to the aforementioned best friends, two not-as-close friends from school, two friends from theatre camp, and my therapist. For me, it is easier to come out as bi then ace because I'm not entirely sure I'm ace yet, but it is the label that fits me and so it is how I identify.

• Like 4
On 9/10/2019 at 9:55 PM, a fancy fish said:

I came out only to my sister and my best friend when I was 17. I didn't tell anyone from my class, we weren't close when I found out. Half of my class is bi, so they would probably support me

• Like 6
On 9/10/2019 at 8:55 PM, a fancy fish said:

I came out to some friends around June time but most people don’t know and don’t need to know. Got outed to my sister last month which wasn’t fun. I was and still am 15

• Like 7
On 9/10/2019 at 2:55 PM, a fancy fish said:

I came out to a very small portion of my friends like 3 to 4 out of 11 friends in High school, then while at my first year at college, I casually came out to 4 people and they were intrigued by it.

• Like 4

I've come out to even more people now. So many that I can't really keep track anymore. I think this would mean I'm out then wouldn't it. Huh. Also I don't know if I've mentioned that I met another ace and I'm so excited

I told my best friend, who in turn told 90% of our friend group since, and I told my parents, which didn't go well since my dad decided that teenagers just don't experience sexual attraction, and then I told another close friend. So I guess I'm mostly out.

• Like 2

At school today, the teacher gave each set of desks a playing card, and my group got the ace of spades.

I found that funny.

• Like 9