Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

2 minutes ago, A.R.B. said:

I'm so glad I live in a small town in Canada. XD

Looool! 😆 I wish I was in a small town in Canada if it ment not having to deal with all that shit. 

Wait do you really don’t have anyone who does all that??? If so.. I’m on my way!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, A.R.B. said:

I'm so glad I live in a small town in Canada. XD

That's one of the reasons us Americans think Canada is so awesome! XD

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, OhDearyMe! said:

Looool! 😆 I wish I was in a small town in Canada if it ment not having to deal with all that shit. 

Wait do you really don’t have anyone who does all that??? If so.. I’m on my way!

Yeah, bad stuff happens, just not nearly as much.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, A.R.B. said:

Yeah, bad stuff happens, just not nearly as much.

What’s the worst thing that happened?

3 minutes ago, OhDearyMe! said:

What’s the worst thing that happened?

A fight where one of the participants had a knife. You can imagine where that went.

18 minutes ago, A.R.B. said:

A fight where one of the participants had a knife. You can imagine where that went.

Well that is pretty bad! I think the three worst things we had were: A student banging a teachers head against the wall (and then smacking it). A guy who was sent out of home for a week because of drugs and stuff; and then came back to school with scabies which then passed around. And a guy with a knife keeping a girl stuck in the toilet. 

Oh and one last: guys passing round their girlfriends nudes. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, OhDearyMe! said:

Well that is pretty bad! I think the three worst things we had were: A student banging a teachers head against the wall. A guy who was sent out of home for a week because of drugs and stuff; and then came back to school with scabies which then passed around. And a guy with a knife keeping a girl stuck in the toilet. 

Eeeek *shivers*

HOLD ON.. I need to say this:

in last december I got a video of people JUULing (important: vape & juul sucks) in spanish class. I showed my parents like, look how unmanaged the class had become, then I showed it to a classmate & their parents at new year party.

I don’t even remember when  anymore. in a recent month, a different clip of the same people vaping in spanish got reported, maybe, & I ididnwkwheb I guess the juulers got totally busted. They confronted my newyears classmate & you know, all they knew about was my video, so all they could have done was direct the juulers to me.

umm yeah bullying ensued after they first told me to delete the video, & I didn’t, but I felt guilty (didn’t know about the other clip yet) but it wasn’t me anyway!! I was called a snitch & a recent term snake so for just a day or 2 I swear everyone made hissing noises walking by me & in spanish played snake soundclips or something & cried out “there’s a snake in here!!” Flat-out stereotypical bullying & snitch culture & I was right there on the edge man, omg...

Hey but I found everything out & I told a cool guy & they told the class groupchat the truth & sealed it all off saying they’d get the wrestling team to whoop them if they kept up. But then thry just... stopped right then. Everyone against me for just a day or 2, then nothing. I mean I’ve had an “everyone’s out to get me” complex but that worsened eeeeeverything.

Teen use of drugs SUCKS guys.

MangleMoments

There was a drug bust at my school a few weeks ago

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, OhDearyMe! said:

Well that is pretty bad! I think the three worst things we had were: A student banging a teachers head against the wall (and then smacking it). A guy who was sent out of home for a week because of drugs and stuff; and then came back to school with scabies which then passed around. And a guy with a knife keeping a girl stuck in the toilet. 

The craziest things that have happened at my school were 1) fake bomb threat 2) guy getting high and selling weed in the parking lot and 3) some girl getting pregnant at the school (although that was before my time). But your school is crazy! I can’t even imagine

• Like 1

I feel so lucky for my school right now. I'm in a private (and a bit catholic) school who has some strict rules  (some sort of clothings are unallowed for exemple) but when I see how nice it seems compared to yours... wow. Maybe I'm just unaware of the bad things happening, but I think one of the worst things that happened in highschool lately is someone breaking a radiator/heater so...

• Like 3
MangleMoments
23 minutes ago, Leilamy said:

I feel so lucky for my school right now. I'm in a private (and a bit catholic) school who has some strict rules  (some sort of clothings are unallowed for exemple) but when I see how nice it seems compared to yours... wow. Maybe I'm just unaware of the bad things happening, but I think one of the worst things that happened in highschool lately is someone breaking a radiator/heater so...

Yeah Europe in general tends to have better schools then America

• Like 3
awkward_pterodactyl
3 hours ago, Leilamy said:

@awkward_pterodactyl  I kinda like Star Wars, but I've liked the last movies more than severals from the old saga, so I suppose "true" fans would burn me for this affront haha. 

It depends on what you like in movies- I really like the experience of the old ones, but the sass in The Last Jedi is through the roof ;) 

On schools- I go to a Christian school, where "no one" does that stuff, except my old middle school friends all do drugs, the popular kids are banging and passing pictures around, and occasionally the farm kids hang out in the parking lot yelling about politics. No fights tho, and most of the people are decent and don't get caught up in all that drama. Gotta love America

• Like 2
2 hours ago, LaynaGayle said:

The craziest things that have happened at my school were 1) fake bomb threat 2) guy getting high and selling weed in the parking lot and 3) some girl getting pregnant at the school (although that was before my time). But your school is crazy! I can’t even imagine

That's just public school for ya, I guess... we also had a threat to our school recently, on the same day as our planned walk-out. Nothing happened but half the school didn't show up (including some unpopular teachers) out of fear that someone would walk in with a gun, even though we had police reinforcement to patrol the halls that day. The worst thing I've heard being done have been kids bringing hard drugs on campus in middle school (crystal meth or something crazy like that), and one girl who thought it would be funny to pee on the ground outside? So dumb.

Btw @Neutral nerd I used to be a big fan of homestuck a few years back, I knew I recognized your avatar as Dirk! Tbh though, I never finished it, because it is SO LONG and I was dumb enough to read it only on my iPod (didn't even have a phone yet) so I missed all the flash sequences. Also the plot confused me immensely... but I adored the characters anyway and I loved that there was such a variety of them. Sometimes I wish I had gone back and read the whole thing again but I never had nearly enough free time to do so. One day....

• Like 1

Probably one of the worst school experiences I had was when there was a drug bust at my homeschool &_&

• Like 4

@MelBel wait like at your actual house? like homeschooling?? and your cousin brought the drugs over??? omg

@MelBel wow what a coool kid hahhah. really earned your dad's wrath with that decision

• Like 3
8 hours ago, confusedandunsure said:

Yeah Europe in general tends to have better schools then America

Lol I’m in France 😆 

• Like 1

@fruoup Okay I think your school won the title of biggest jerks. That’s just horrible. Gosh this got me angry I wanna hit these bastards 😆 Hope they get their Karma 

The nastiest thing that happened in my school was when a girl got run over by a truck and died on the way to school.

Otherwise as a suburban London school it's pretty quiet.

• Like 2

Is anyone else Australian?! haha i feel like everyone is american or british  

• Like 1

I'm not Australian, but I'm not American or British either. 👍 I'm a Canadian.

• Like 1
Neutral nerd
12 hours ago, smittyw said:

so I missed all the flash sequences.

There was a makeover, so now I think you don't need flash. I read all of it last summer... yeah, I'm homestuck trash. Sold my soul to hussie 10 times over :twisted:

@Neutral nerd how did you get through all of it so fast??? Lol I guess I am just a slow reader. I am still like a quarter homestuck trash, I dressed as trickster Roxy for Halloween one year and my then-BFF was Gamzee. The costume is still sitting in my closet getting dusty :lol:

• Like 1
RavenclawLlama13

On 06/03/2017 at 3:27 PM, RicaeurMone said:

I love this forum cause it doesn't have any age limitations. I wonder why some forums have only 18+ access.

Yeah, us 'young folk' need a space too!

• Like 2
Neutral nerd
5 hours ago, smittyw said:

@Neutral nerd how did you get through all of it so fast??? Lol I guess I am just a slow reader. I am still like a quarter homestuck trash, I dressed as trickster Roxy for Halloween one year and my then-BFF was Gamzee. The costume is still sitting in my closet getting dusty :lol:

O gog, trickster mode was terrifying. And Gamzee, o gamzee. I honestly don't even know what to say about him. Poor karkles. 

And as for reading quick, that's just me having no life. And I still didn't finish until a little into the school year. 8000 pages takes a while even for me ^_^

did u do the official aspect quiz? It's pretty neat. I got derse and time. Here's the link if u want. http://hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/begintest.php

@Neutral nerd Aaaaah you're pulling me back into the fandom, nooo! Here I go, I am being sucked back into the vortex! Hahhah. I took the quiz and got derse and space. Seems pretty accurate to me based on the description.

You're right, Gamzee is hard to describe...I remember being so embarrassed beyond words and afraid of what would happen when my mom googled his name to see what my friend's costume would look like. No doubt the internet came up with a lot of creepy and multi-colored-blood-filled fanart for her to cringe at. Still not sure why my friend related to him so much, but she saw something of her angsty teen self in him I guess; and it's maybe a bit telling that I related most to Tav. I am technically a scorpio but oh, I HATED Vriska with a passion for how much she tortured that poor guy. I was fine with basically everyone else, just not her or Eridan. I stand by my judgements even now (forgive me if they become good people later on, I did not have a chance to read that far, and I only know that Rose and Kanaya got together in the end).

verymelancholic

Anyone here who's a fan of Seinfeld?