Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

7 minutes ago, awkward_pterodactyl said:

So on a personal note, I have this bi friend that really likes me and I try to be friends but she's a really physical person and I have a personal bubble the size of a football field. I've told her I'm ace and she gets that it won't happen but I feel bad that I don't return her affection. Any suggestions?

Possibly in a different way like l have a no touch policy too but I would love like having something secret and personal like a phrase or a word that is ment for affection.

Does hand holding bother you?

Possibly passing notes ?

A cool ham signal that means I adore you?

• Like 3

I'm not really sure where the line between friendship and romance is sometimes, but I usually just ask myself if I would be a little jealous/sad if the person was in a relationship. If the answer is not at all, it's platonic! 

I was wondering if anyone has any coming out advice?  I've come out to most people but my dad. I'm Asexual Panromantic and I'm really not sure how to talk to him about it?

Quality_Penguins

Has he ever said anything to suggest that he's in favor of/doesn't believe in asexuality? If he hasn't maybe try to mention it indirectly somehow to get an idea of how he feels about it. I went in blind, but it can be reassuring to know they get it and helpful if they don't since you might not want to do it then. But I don't know how to bring it up smooth I just kinda said it tactlessly.

Besides that, I would try to take it slow when you come out if he doesn't understand. Maybe come out as asexual first and panromantic at a later time if he already seems overwhelmed. Try to be patient. But overall remember that how he reacts doesn't invalidate your identity in any way. You're the only one who can know your sexuality, and his opinion won't change that.

• Like 1
HufflepuffAce24601

So I have this MASSIVE squish on a girl in my choir and today she came to school out of uniform because of a special event and she looked so good and honestly this aesthetic attraction is not helping.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, HufflepuffAce24601 said:

honestly this aesthetic attraction is not helping.

Aww this made me smile 

Fantastic Name

So I have this MASSIVE squish on a girl in my choir and today she came to school out of uniform because of a special event and she looked so good and honestly this aesthetic attraction is not helping.

I feel ya.

1 minute ago, Fantastic Name said:

I feel ya.

Honestly me too... 

There needs to be a teen squish corner where we can vent about are secret asexual affections !!!!

b/c no one writes love stories on squishes...😢 so I have no idea how it’s supposed to work out.

• Like 3
Fantastic Name
2 minutes ago, :)(: said:

There needs to be a teen squish corner where we can vent about are secret asexual affections !!!!

Amen.

I know there's already a thread for that on JFF, but it's never updated.

9 minutes ago, Fantastic Name said:

Amen.

I know there's already a thread for that on JFF, but it's never updated.

Meh that includes old people 20 year old plus that don’t have problems like seeing your squish every day in 8 period ! I will make the thread after I finish my nap !

It will be like the teen asexual squish bible 

welp night for now!

• Like 1

*kinda just, pokes head in slowly* hi everyone. °^°

• Like 2
1 hour ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

*runs in*

If you want a name, if it’s someone from here, on the list just PM me and it can be added. It hasn’t been updated because no one has PM‘d :(.

Wait I’m still confused their is a list of squishes both on Aven or in the non- Aven world? Why?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ItsJustForce said:

*kinda just, pokes head in slowly* hi everyone. °^°

*Kinda just, reaches out gently rubs the kitty’s head slowly. *

Hey you!

• Like 1

Hi! Uh- I'm new here. Saw Teen Corner after perusing the forums following my greeting, so as a teen I decided to come in and make some sort of prescence haha

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, ItsJustForce said:

Hi! Uh- I'm new here. Saw Teen Corner after perusing the forums following my greeting, so as a teen I decided to come in and make some sort of prescence haha

AWESOME ! another one has joined the ranks. 

Now what hat are your opinions on robots?

• Like 1
awkward_pterodactyl
13 hours ago, :)(: said:

Welcome itsjustforce cat *pat pat* 

Tell me your thoughts on dragons

• Like 3

I made it! 

It is a place for teen squishes (and other asexual affections) ! 

• Like 1
Fantastic Name
19 hours ago, :)(: said:

5 hours ago, awkward_pterodactyl said:

Welcome itsjustforce cat *pat pat* 

Tell me your thoughts on dragons

Whaddabout robot dragons?

• Like 1
awkward_pterodactyl
16 hours ago, Fantastic Name said:

Whaddabout robot dragons?

Oooooooooooooh yaaaaas

I do love me a mechanical dragon. Sentient machinery that can fly and breathe fire. Someone get me an engineering lab.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, EnterCreativeName said:

How old do you have to be to no longer be a "teen"? Haha, I'm almost 18.

I think you are still in the green

• Like 1
6 hours ago, EnterCreativeName said:

I am 18

and 20 maybe?

1 hour ago, dragon_nerd said:

I am 18

and 20 maybe?

Well let’s not count the first year of life it wasn’t technically living. 

Just only think as your 16-19 year old self

awkward_pterodactyl
On 1/29/2018 at 11:00 PM, EnterCreativeName said:

So am I, yet I am here. You must only be a teen at heart. Follow your heart, and it will guide you here... thus sayeth the pterodactyl.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a serious question. I sometimes joke about being a potato with my friends, because potatoes reproduce asexually. So I recently had this thought, because I’m not very open about it: If gays are in the closet, are aces underground?

• Like 5
awkward_one34
2 hours ago, MyOwnMercury said:

If gays are in the closet, are aces underground?

Yes, we are underground inside a giant chamber full of robots and dragons. Also cake. And probably robotic dragons will be making cake.

**I thought this was a great idea so I went ahead and made this a thing (spoilered for size, let me know if it doesn't work)**

Spoiler

?ui=2&ik=3d3682a4dc&view=fimg&th=1617d48d3cbb722c&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_jdgo6b240_1617d4868107410c&attbid=ANGjdJ_k7ouR960pWPaInaFBe7Oj-kFiNFYzcodMI0hn4w0ED5RxWeQ5nGxhj39eW2ZyqjEfZBwbKfTjxHpMIOGtzuyWlMuYzo1X2iDh18JyeCV6vJrSaMYjQFLHfBc&sz=w908-h558&ats=1518225391077&rm=1617d48d3cbb722c&zw&atsh=1

• Like 3
Fantastic Name
1 minute ago, awkward_one34 said:

Yes, we are underground inside a giant chamber full of robots and dragons. Also cake. And probably robotic dragons will be making cake.

**I thought this was a great idea so I went ahead and made this a thing (spoilered for size, let me know if it doesn't work)**

Hide contents

?ui=2&ik=3d3682a4dc&view=fimg&th=1617d48d3cbb722c&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_jdgo6b240_1617d4868107410c&attbid=ANGjdJ_k7ouR960pWPaInaFBe7Oj-kFiNFYzcodMI0hn4w0ED5RxWeQ5nGxhj39eW2ZyqjEfZBwbKfTjxHpMIOGtzuyWlMuYzo1X2iDh18JyeCV6vJrSaMYjQFLHfBc&sz=w908-h558&ats=1518225391077&rm=1617d48d3cbb722c&zw&atsh=1

Doesn't work.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, awkward_one34 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I call dibs on being a robotic dragon!

• Like 1