Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

I'm into prog rock. Yes Queen Pink Floyd etc.

8 hours ago, nemu_X said:

What genre of music do you guys like?

I actually like a lot of different stuff. Usually there are only like two or three songs by any given artist. I do find myself enjoying more Pentatonix songs than not, however, and I'm a big fan of Hamilton.

Also an INTP by the way.

15 hours ago, theperksofbeing said:

i feel you, this topic's a little hectic and all over the place - but pretty much anything goes around here! talk about whatever you wanna talk about, at least one person will surely reply

Pretty much. And we also go from very complicated topics like arranged marriage or sexuality of young teens to light and simple topics like what music do you like. We also go through what your Hogwarts house or just create a whole show. And that's what's great here you get to talk about whatever you want and you will always someone to do it with. 

I like mostly folkpunk, like AJJ and Kimya Dawson and The Mountain Goats

And Green Day

Also an INTP-t, I like a lot of genres, excluding metal, country, and some rock. My spotify is mostly playlists for stories or pick-me-up songs. 

6 hours ago, Delyn said:

Also an INTP-t, I like a lot of genres, excluding metal, country, and some rock. My spotify is mostly playlists for stories or pick-me-up songs. 

Hello! Me too

Anyway, do you all like watching shows? I don't really like watch TV, so I stick to web series and that. I like RWBY too lel 

6 minutes ago, nemu_X said:

Hello! Me too

Anyway, do you all like watching shows? I don't really like watch TV, so I stick to web series and that. I like RWBY too lel 

Yeah, I love tv. (don't get to watch a lot though, very busy.) Anything marvel, some anime (again, haven't watched anything in ages but still like it)  and I used to eb a huge fan of superwholock and merlin

Quality_Penguins
37 minutes ago, nemu_X said:

Hello! Me too

Boi yes the new RWBY episode today was lit. I like Psych and Sherlock as well.

• Like 1

Bojack Horseman is my all time favorite show, I'm watching Orange is the New Black right now though

On 10/16/2017 at 0:02 PM, nemu_X said:

I mainly listen to musicals, but I love coldplay and rock music. Also a fellow INTP here. :D

2 hours ago, nemu_X said:

Hello! Me too

The 2016 Voltron reboot man.

My friend and I stayed up all night last Thursday to watch the new season right when it came out (it's on Netflix). It was created by the same people who came up with the Avatar universe (TLA & LOK), so it was bound to be good from the start, and I swear to you it is wonderful.

1 hour ago, Quality_Penguins said:

Boi yes the new RWBY episode today was lit. I like Psych and Sherlock as well.

I love RWBY, I haven't been able to see the new episode yet because I don't have a subscription, unfortunately. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dreammaker said:

My friend and I stayed up all night last Thursday to watch the new season right when it came out (it's on Netflix). It was created by the same people who came up with the Avatar universe (TLA & LOK), so it was bound to be good from the start, and I swear to you it is wonderful.

:o YEEEEEEEEE!

1 minute ago, ThePurpleCat said:

I love RWBY, I haven't been able to see the new episode yet because I don't have a subscription, unfortunately. 

Me too, and I'm an RT First person as well! THE NEW EPISODE IS GREAT LIKE SERIOUSLY. ALL MY YES

Penny and Weiss are my favorite people. But tbh, Weiss has great clothes. 

• Like 1
theperksofbeing
4 minutes ago, Dreammaker said:

YES the voltron reboot is so GOOD. i kept seeing fanart of it around and decided to give it a shot and it was the best decision of my life

3 hours ago, Dreammaker said:

Yesssss, I haven't seen the new season yet, but it is So good

I'm not really a TV person. I watch it for Dr Who , Sherlock HIGNFY and Mock the week.

• Like 1
Quality_Penguins
12 hours ago, ThePurpleCat said:

You can watch the new episodes on Tuesday at noon if you create a free RoosterTeeth account on their website. That's what I have, I'm not a First member either.

And ATLA is one of my favorite shows it's so good.

I am so alone with my supposed INTJ-Tness... it matches the closest for cognitive functions and such but I still question the validity.

I like New Wave and Dark Wave a lot but I'm not picky and I will listen to almost any genre excluding country, dubstep, and most pop music. I don't like those genres much...

My favorite shows include Once Upon a Time, Sherlock (favorite here), and some other shows...

HufflepuffAce24601
On 10/16/2017 at 9:02 AM, nemu_X said:

I mostly listen to show tunes.

I like TV shows! Orange is the new black is a favourite of mine at the moment. I also like Game of Thrones, Dawson's Creek, Friends and Sherlock (but hated season 4) AND DOWNTON ABBEY. Any TV show where the characters have a British accent, basically. I'm also very in love with Upstairs Downstairs, and I'm planning on watching The Heir soon. I LOVE NETFLIX TBH.  

On the music part of this discussion, I adore System of a Down, the La La Land Soundtrack, Dodie Clark and some k-pop. (Celine Dion is my guilty pleasure) and MORE THAN ANYTHING I adore Mylene Farmer (most of you probably never heard her name haha). She was born in Canada and she is one of the most successful recording artists France has ever known (yes, I'm French, which explains why my English skills are so bad). Her songs are PERFECT and she is GREAT. (Also, I've seen her live hahaha)

Totally different subject: what do you want to do when you grow up? 

Byyyye!

• Like 1
theperksofbeing
26 minutes ago, Aryaaaa said:

i wanna be a musician/writer. i sing and play piano and guitar and i wanna write dystopian and fantasy type stuff (actually working on a novel right now, hoping to be able to say i published a novel in my junior/senior year) 

3 hours ago, Aryaaaa said:

I want to be a Broadway musician, lawyer, or an astrophysicist. I love playing the violin, its a passion of mine. I think being a human rights lawyer that specializes in hate crimes would be so satisfying when I would win a case because you know you did something good. I think being an astrophysicist would be so exciting because you're doing stuff that people haven't even figured out yet, like what caused the big bang looking at possibly livable planets would be so interesting. 

3 hours ago, Aryaaaa said:

Character concept artist for video games or animation. I love drawing characters, and drawing is one of my passions. I really love the idea of having an idea (and story) based around a concept. I love that! 

I would like to be a marine chemist/ biologist.

10 hours ago, nemu_X said:
14 hours ago, Aryaaaa said:

Character concept artist for video games or animation. I love drawing characters, and drawing is one of my passions. I really love the idea of having an idea (and story) based around a concept. I love that! 

I want to do costume design for film and TVfor the same reason! One of my dreams is to work on the costumes for the Marvel or Star Wars universes, or something cool that's intense sci-fi, post apocalyptic, or high fantasy. It's so cool seeing your characters come to life!

I love how everyone is so positive and thinking up creative stuff.

I feel positively boring

15 hours ago, Aryaaaa said:

I've considered going into something in Psychology or game design. Maybe even a teacher (which is rather ironic because I abhor the school system, but it's also the reason for it).

I'll probably go into Psychology first because it's what I know the most about, but I have no idea what I'll do in it. Maybe forensic physiology or something, that sounds fun, getting into criminal's heads.

To be completely honest though I have no idea what I'm doing, help please. Does anyone know some interesting careers you can go into with a psychology degree that's not psychiatry or similarly trying to "fix" people, just kind of...studying them?

Quality_Penguins
16 hours ago, Aryaaaa said:

I want to be a volcanologist (someone who studies volcanoes). I've always loved geology and volcanoes, and finally taking classes in it this year because I'm in college now has made me love it even more. I just find rocks really cool :|

8 hours ago, Quality_Penguins said:

I want to be a volcanologist (someone who studies volcanoes). I've always loved geology and volcanoes, and finally taking classes in it this year because I'm in college now has made me love it even more. I just find rocks really cool :|

"She's just a rock that I met and admire very much!"

(I made the reference because I know there are those here who will understand. For those of you who don't, it's Voltron. Thank you for the opportunity QP. :33)

• Like 1