Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

Hayis4horses
18 hours ago, Hayis4horses said:

Yep. Tomorrow I'm not going to school, but am going to protest. 👍

Scratch that. I still am not at school, but my mama wouldn't let me go to the protest. ☹️

I didn't participate in the protest, but that was mostly because I had band festival in the afternoon, which meant that I didn't have time to go to the rally and make it back. I'm generally a little hesitant to participate in walk-outs, because walking out of free public education doesn't really make sense to me. Also finals is coming up and I can't afford to miss a day. However, I totally support the cause, and kudos to those who did walk out.

I was in a really weird mood last night-- for those of you who've been to pride, do you remember that feeling of being surrounded by queerness and totally enveloped in it? I was really missing that feeling, so I spent a couple hours listening to Halsey's bi-est songs and reading fanfiction where the entire premise was "everyone is gay" (or ace or some form of not straight/not cis). I have no idea why I missed being surrounded by queerness so much, but I really did. God, I can't wait for Pride month... I'm going to march in the parade and just be one big purple blob, with purple glitter hairspray, a purple shirt/dress/outfit, and hopefully an ace cape. It'll be so epic. 

Also, the hatted cats book is the best thing I have ever seen and I need one. 

• Like 6
11 minutes ago, Athena32 said:

I'm generally a little hesitant to participate in walk-outs, because walking out of free public education doesn't really make sense to me.

This is how I feel too.  Especially for something like climate change, where what we really need is MORE education for everyone.  (honestly, get the politicians in power to attend a basic science class...)  I get that walk-outs are very good for getting attention, but the idea rubs me the wrong way.  :\ 

Full support to those that did walk out though.  

Today I was thinking about how much I want to be out as ace, but how little I want to actually talk to people in order to come out.  It's the socially anxious ace paradox.  :P

• Like 1
5 hours ago, iyote said:

This is how I feel too.  Especially for something like climate change, where what we really need is MORE education for everyone.  (honestly, get the politicians in power to attend a basic science class...)  I get that walk-outs are very good for getting attention, but the idea rubs me the wrong way.  :\ 

Full support to those that did walk out though.  

Whole point of the protest was that we don't have the time to sit in class until we are adults with a voice. We only have less than 12 years to start doing something before it's too late but we can't because we're just students. We do need the education to change this, but adults have the education, yet they are not doing anything.  At least that's how I see it, I understand if it doesn't make sense to others.

The situation with politics is really bad in my country, lots of stuff happened in past years and nobody cares about enviroment. Maybe the protest doesn't make sense in other countries, but in here it's really important. Although it was pretty much pointless, because we had presidential election the day after. All of the candidates cared only for votes for solving the murder of a journalist (Jan Kuciak). They also made us look really stupid in the news.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Sethyenn said:

Whole point of the protest was that we don't have the time to sit in class until we are adults with a voice. We only have less than 12 years to start doing something before it's too late but we can't because we're just students.

Ah, that does make sense.  Thanks for explaining.  

• Like 2
Queer_Queen
5 hours ago, Sethyenn said:

Whole point of the protest was that we don't have the time to sit in class until we are adults with a voice. We only have less than 12 years to start doing something before it's too late but we can't because we're just students. We do need the education to change this, but adults have the education, yet they are not doing anything.  At least that's how I see it, I understand if it doesn't make sense to others.

I totally agree with you. Adults are hoping that the next generation could fix their mistakes, hence they aren't making any moves to help now, which is only making the situation worse. Well, its either that or they just don't care. I mean some people don't even believe that pollution is real (Donald Trump, and I am sure there are many others). It seriously annoys me that it's always the younger generation who has to deal with the mistakes humanity cant seem to stop making.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Queer_Queen said:

I totally agree with you. Adults are hoping that the next generation could fix their mistakes, hence they aren't making any moves to help now, which is only making the situation worse. Well, its either that or they just don't care. I mean some people don't even believe that pollution is real (Donald Trump, and I am sure there are many others). It seriously annoys me that it's always the younger generation who has to deal with the mistakes humanity cant seem to stop making.

I know a few adults who are trying, 90% of people in my school (including teachers) are doing everything they can, but it's just not enough. My classmates were the one who had to organize the whole protest. How can adults just ignore all of this is beyond me. And sadly, not just adults are ignoring this. I really  don't know what to do anymore, I was thinking of doing some kind of posters, but that's waste of paper. This whole situation is making me sad.

I just looked out of the window and there is plastic bag hanging on our tree...im pretty sure no one in our family even has a plastic bag.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Sethyenn said:

I know a few adults who are trying, 90% of people in my school (including teachers) are doing everything they can, but it's just not enough. My classmates were the one who had to organize the whole protest. How can adults just ignore all of this is beyond me. And sadly, not just adults are ignoring this. I really  don't know what to do anymore, I was thinking of doing some kind of posters, but that's waste of paper. This whole situation is making me sad.

I just looked out of the window and there is plastic bag hanging on our tree...im pretty sure no one in our family even has a plastic bag.

My mom has my brother and I go down the road and around the corner collecting cans from the ditches,I swear even in the winter when its warm enough for us to go out and collect the cans,we still find at least sixty cans (we collect all the cans on the road and in the ditches on both sides of the road) everywhere.Beer cans,soda,doesn't matter.We also found a few random piles of cigarette ash,like people literally stopped and dumped the ashes out the window,then sped off.Bad thing is,the stuff out there generally isn't even stuff my mom or her boyfriend (or us,but we generally can't drink stuff from cans like soda or beer) even drink.

Its annoying how much people decide to liter.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Agentr9154 said:

My mom has my brother and I go down the road and around the corner collecting cans from the ditches,I swear even in the winter when its warm enough for us to go out and collect the cans,we still find at least sixty cans (we collect all the cans on the road and in the ditches on both sides of the road) everywhere.Beer cans,soda,doesn't matter.We also found a few random piles of cigarette ash,like people literally stopped and dumped the ashes out the window,then sped off.Bad thing is,the stuff out there generally isn't even stuff my mom or her boyfriend (or us,but we generally can't drink stuff from cans like soda or beer) even drink.

Its annoying how much people decide to liter.

Sometimes you can find really interesting things  abandoned somewhere on the street or in a forest . So far I've found furniture,  cards,  old suitcase with diary and old maps inside (I couldn't read it, it was destroyed), glass bottle filled with burned money),...

The weirdest thing I've found was probably burned house that looked like someone moved it there after it was destroyed. It had everything except walls and roof. When I was looking through it, I've noticed three cats staring and me. So yeah...the house had an owners. I have a lot of photos of that place.

• Like 1
Just now, Sethyenn said:

Sometimes you can find really interesting things  abandoned somewhere on the street or in a forest . So far I've found furniture,  cards,  old suitcase with diary and old maps inside (I couldn't read it, it was destroyed), glass bottle filled with burned money),...

The weirdest thing I've found was probably burned house that looked like someone moved it there after it was destroyed. It had everything except walls and roof. When I was looking through it, I've noticed three cats staring and me. So yeah...the house had an owners. I have a lot of photos of that place.

Im not allowed too far into the woods on one side of the road,somehow a private property extends that far from the top of a hill going up part of the road,but I've found quite a few odd things.Primarily random tires and sometimes a bag of trash or two (which makes a bit of sense,the dump is maybe three miles away and going on our road is the quickest,a bag of trash falling off while going up the hill makes sense),I've found quite a few things on the side of the road,but not as many as I would guess someone on a busy road would find.

• Like 1
Just now, Agentr9154 said:

Im not allowed too far into the woods on one side of the road,somehow a private property extends that far from the top of a hill going up part of the road,but I've found quite a few odd things.Primarily random tires and sometimes a bag of trash or two (which makes a bit of sense,the dump is maybe three miles away and going on our road is the quickest,a bag of trash falling off while going up the hill makes sense),I've found quite a few things on the side of the road,but not as many as I would guess someone on a busy road would find.

Another weird thing about the house was that I've found it with my two classmates when we were walking around our school looking for something we could take a picture of. It was literally  just pile of burned things  looking like a house in a middle of a street.

• Like 1
asexual bean
On 3/17/2019 at 1:23 AM, iyote said:

Today I was thinking about how much I want to be out as ace, but how little I want to actually talk to people in order to come out.  It's the socially anxious ace paradox.  :P

come out as ace!!                                                       DONT EXPLAIN                                                        JUST COME OUT

Resultado de imagem para only throw dog meme template comic

• Like 6

Not super relevant, but who else has have moments of questioning their asexuality only to prove themselves right a few minute later, haha? I've recently had such an experience and wanted to know if other people have to? I'm interested to hear stories.

• Like 9
4 hours ago, Void_Trees said:

Not super relevant, but who else has have moments of questioning their asexuality only to prove themselves right a few minute later, haha?

Yes!  I tend to reason it out.  

My mind will go, "what if I'm not ace?"  I'll lapse into a period of self-doubt.  Then I decide that, if I'm not ace, I'll choose to be celibate.  Then I realize that if I WANT to be celibate, I have no desire for sex, and therefore I'm asexual.  

So I guess it's not so much of a story, but it's my train of thought.  

• Like 2
On 3/17/2019 at 9:14 AM, Sethyenn said:

The whole situation makes me sad, too.  I wish I gave more of a fuck.

I'm an adult in my 50's.  Just poking my nose in your thread for the first time.  Here's how I look at climate change:  It is up to two classes of people to fix the rampant spewing of carbon into the atmosphere:  the very young (you guys) and anybody that has offspring or plans to have offspring.  I feel bad that we have trashed the earth, but there isn't a goddamn thing I can do about it and I'll likely be dead in 30 years, before the big shit hits the fan and the sea levels rise.  If you want to at least say you tried to do something to mitigate or reverse climate change, NOW is the time to be proactive.  That recent walk-out was a good start.  

• Like 4
On 3/18/2019 at 2:38 PM, Sethyenn said:

That place was probably haunted 😂

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Lbelaqua said:

That place was probably haunted 😂

Even haunted places are less weird that that house 😂

I was in an anbandoned hospital once. I guess haunted places have their own creepy atmosfere - that burned house was just kinda there

• Like 2
On 3/22/2019 at 7:23 AM, Void_Trees said:

Not super relevant, but who else has have moments of questioning their asexuality only to prove themselves right a few minute later, haha? I've recently had such an experience and wanted to know if other people have to? I'm interested to hear stories.

AAAYE!

I always get these moments all the time. I don't really have any stories, but it's more like periods of time that I feel like I may or may not be.. which will always be the 'I am' answer.

• Like 3
On 3/21/2019 at 10:23 PM, Void_Trees said:

All. The. Time.!

I'm either almost 100% positive about being ace or in a state of constant self-doubt. And then I overhear people in my year talk about very intimate stuff and I'm like "yup I'm definitely ace".

I'm still shocked every time I realize the great majority of people my age are not even virgins anymore, like when do you have the TIME for that???

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Queer_Queen said:

Pray for me 🙏 🙏 I'm going into exam week 😭

I already exited exam week now I have all Cs and two Fs...

• Like 1
Queer_Queen
3 minutes ago, Agentr9154 said:

I already exited exam week now I have all Cs and two Fs...

The important thing is that you survived

• Like 1
Just now, Queer_Queen said:

The important thing is that you survived

Well,something that helped was the snow.I had finished my test but then they announced that we were going home at 11am due to snow and it was 10:30am

• Like 2
Queer_Queen
7 minutes ago, Agentr9154 said:

Well,something that helped was the snow.I had finished my test but then they announced that we were going home at 11am due to snow and it was 10:30am

Don't you love nature?? Hope that happens to me tbh

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Queer_Queen said:

Don't you love nature?? Hope that happens to me tbh

Nature,the thing making you freeze your face off in the morning yet saving you from useless boring time.

• Like 2
The Incarnation Of Boredom
On 3/24/2019 at 2:47 AM, laokatok said:

All. The. Time.!

I'm either almost 100% positive about being ace or in a state of constant self-doubt. And then I overhear people in my year talk about very intimate stuff and I'm like "yup I'm definitely ace".

I'm still shocked every time I realize the great majority of people my age are not even virgins anymore, like when do you have the TIME for that???

Ikr? Like what the hell... Why would you even want to do that? Is it curiosity or do they genuinely have some urge to do it? If so what kind of urge is it, like is it like getting hungry, or is it like my urge to hold someone's hand when they're upset... Its just so weird.

• Like 4
Skeletonducky
On 3/21/2019 at 9:23 PM, Void_Trees said:

Haha, a little too often for my taste. I've got a bit of an imposter complex that I'm working with at the mo, where I'm questioning a LOT of things even though I know they're true true...

• Like 5
7 hours ago, Rebecca Benner said:

Ikr? Like what the hell... Why would you even want to do that? Is it curiosity or do they genuinely have some urge to do it? If so what kind of urge is it, like is it like getting hungry, or is it like my urge to hold someone's hand when they're upset... Its just so weird.

Well one time I overheard them talking one girl was like "I've been looking forward to it since I was 13" and I just choked on air internally... I've never even seriously thought of it before and still consider myself to be way too young (I'm 17 btw) but apparently that's just me :)))

Btw, I'm pretty convinced most people in my year have to think I'm a lesbian because of my non-existing interest in boys and relationships, am I the only one? :D

• Like 4
The Incarnation Of Boredom
7 hours ago, laokatok said:

Well one time I overheard them talking one girl was like "I've been looking forward to it since I was 13" and I just choked on air internally... I've never even seriously thought of it before and still consider myself to be way too young (I'm 17 btw) but apparently that's just me :)))

Btw, I'm pretty convinced most people in my year have to think I'm a lesbian because of my non-existing interest in boys and relationships, am I the only one? :D

I actually have the opposite problem. People think I'm boy obsessed because I tend to get 1-3 squishes all at the same time, and usually only on guys. I currently only have one actual crush but only my friends get that.

For example there was this girl who had a crush on a guy who I had a squish on, and she started spreading rumours and even told THAT GUY that I liked him. I didn't. It was a squish. And she still didn't accept it even when I told her my heart's already taken by another boy in the school (my actual crush)

• Like 1