will123

Teen Corner

Cee Fox

I call older people dudes and chicks by accident.

@renee2345 Happy soon to be sweet 16!

• Like 1

Maya the Composer
8 hours ago, renee2345 said:

I say children to people older than me but really I'm the child.

I'm the same way, and I find myself saying, "back when I was little" and "in my younger years" and such --- I'm 17.

• Like 5

Wild_Witch_of_the_East

Does anyone want to talk with me? I really need some support right now.

• Like 3

Athena32

@SmallBean, that's so cute! Gosh, I wish I were a good artist so I could make ace pride art...

@Omi, thanks! 

I get my PSAT scores back tomorrow, and I'm kind of nervous. I wasn't nervous at all for months but now I am, and even though I know that my scores have no reflection on me as a person, I still worry that I'm not as smart as I think I am. I don't know, it just feels like one of my most important attributes is my intelligence, and I don't want to face a score that says I'm not. At the same time, a really good score would almost make me feel more isolated, because I've never been able to find someone who's brain works like mine. Well, I found one person, but he's going to another school now-- I know it's a better school for him because it's private and can really challenge him, but I still wish that he'd stayed so I could have an intellectual foil. 

I don't know. I'm just talking at this point. 

@renee2345, absolutely. Would you like to PM me, or stay here in the forum? 

• Like 3

Wild_Witch_of_the_East

@Cee Fox thank you!

• Like 2

Who_Are_You

I've graduated from high school and am in college now but I still call myself and other people kids. I always talk about this one kid in my class, or these kids that I met, though we are mostly all 18 and above. And I don't use the words man and woman much either. It feels very formal and I don't like it.

• Like 6

smolfox1132
12 hours ago, Wild_Witch_of_the_East said:

I say children to people older than me but really I'm the child. Hello children I am  about to be 16

This is the biggest mood. I address people older than me as children and kiddos 😂

• Like 3

Omi

@Athena32

I feel that, my OP score comes in like 3 days and I’m kinda nervous even though it’s gonna be fine 

• Like 1

smolfox1132

Ooooooo y'all reminded me I got my PSAT scores back two days ago and forgot to check 😀 I got a great mark and I'm pretty happy about that since my grades this year are in the toilet.... I'm feeling the senioritis already 😞

• Like 6

ZinxtheJinx

You know whats worse than PSATs?

SAT

iam135

Here's a sad story - my SAT score was actually lower than my PSAT. It wasn't by much to be fair - it was only a 20 point difference - but still 😆. That's why you take math during your junior year instead of doubling up your sophomore year.

• Like 1

smolfox1132
23 minutes ago, iam135 said:

Here's a sad story - my SAT score was actually lower than my PSAT. It wasn't by much to be fair - it was only a 20 point difference - but still 😆. That's why you take math during your junior year instead of doubling up your sophomore year.

That's gonna be me next year tbh 😂 and geez I couldn't imagine doubling up on math.... I can barely manage my 3 art classes and they aren't even academics aaaaaaa 👀💦

• Like 4

SmallBean

HALF OF MY CLASS JUST GOT SENT TO THE OFFICE BY A SUB FOR ASKING IF THEY COULD GET BREAKFAST!!! IT'S THERE SO KIDS THAT DON'T GET BREAKFAST AT HOME CAN EAT!! SHE SAID THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST EATEN AT HOME OR CAN WAIT TILL LUNCH!!!  What is it with this class and not great subs?!? Monday+Tuesday the sub that was here didn't do anything when they were PLANNING FIGHTS and EATING FISH FOOD!!! AHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 3

Cee Fox
1 hour ago, SmallBean said:

HALF OF MY CLASS JUST GOT SENT TO THE OFFICE BY A SUB FOR ASKING IF THEY COULD GET BREAKFAST!!! IT'S THERE SO KIDS THAT DON'T GET BREAKFAST AT HOME CAN EAT!! SHE SAID THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST EATEN AT HOME OR CAN WAIT TILL LUNCH!!!  What is it with this class and not great subs?!? Monday+Tuesday the sub that was here didn't do anything when they were PLANNING FIGHTS and EATING FISH FOOD!!! AHHHHHHHHHH

I generally have a good history with subs. We got a sub teacher for basically this whole year because our teacher was on maternity leave and she was great! Especially when compared to the original who was honestly the worst. The grades below us got a sustitute teacher for physics and he was a cool dude but you could tell he was a terrible teacher, so we dodged that bullet I guess.

Tangent: I remember having PE teachers as normal teachers in grades 5 and 7 and I hated it so much. 

• Like 1

Aebt
5 hours ago, SmallBean said:

I guess I always got lucky with subs, or maybe it was because I only went to actual school for one grade (rest homeschooled). Well, from my very limited experience they were always better than the actual teachers.

• Like 1

chlorine7

I can totally relate to the PSAT scores coming out. I almost forgot about them since they take soooooooo long to get released. My school is toxically competitive though and everyone immediately started comparing scores, which I totally hate

• Like 3

Omi

My OP is coming out in 12hrs and I’m kinda worried. Like I know it doesn’t define me but I wanna be proud of it. And I’m worried I’m gonna be disappointed 

• Like 1

smolfox1132
On 12/3/2018 at 8:30 PM, chlorine7 said:

How did any of you guys know you were aromantic?

I kind of always knew, but couldn't put it into words. When I was a smol it was just a disinterest in future dating and marriage. Now that I'm older it's a disinterest in current dating and marriage. I adopted the asexual label as a catch-all (I couldnt tell the diff between romantic and sexual attraction because I didn't experience either). As for finding the aromantic label, probably some blog I stumbled upon? I didn't adopt the label till more recently because of questioning (I think that person looks really nice, could this be romantic attraction??? Spoiler: it wasn't oops)

• Like 1

Coddiwomple
6 hours ago, Omi said:

My OP is coming out in 12hrs and I’m kinda worried. Like I know it doesn’t define me but I wanna be proud of it. And I’m worried I’m gonna be disappointed 

What's an OP?

• Like 1

iam135
11 hours ago, Coddiwomple said:

What's an OP?

Wikipedia's telling me that it stands for Overall Position which is the standardized test in Queensland. Basically, every student takes a test and are then ranked in different "bands" between 1 (the highest) and 25 (the lowest). So it's like percentile rankings with a weird bell curve, from what I understand (an actual Australian can tell me if I'm wrong, which I probably am 😅).

• Like 1

Omi

😂 @iam135

pretty spot on!! 

@Coddiwomple

yeah it’s the sadidised test we take at the end of highschool that comepares is to every other student within Queensland (so a lot) as iam135 said it’s 25 to 1 (one being the best) 

its all good tho!! I got a 7 which I’m proud of 😊

• Like 1

Coddiwomple
15 minutes ago, Omi said:

its all good tho!! I got a 7 which I’m proud of 😊

Yay, congrats!!

Tintinfan

I am finding slightly odd with you all talking about test. In the UK our big test are May - June - GCSE'S and A-levels.

Also I haven't been around here much for a while. Not sure why though.