Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

3 hours ago, DragonWithAQuest said:

I don’t identify as ace anymore, but I’ve found that people remember the “ace colors”. I know because I was wearing a bracelet with beads in the nonbinary flag colors and someone came up to me and asked if I was ace. I found it funny. I mean, both flags have purple, white, and black!

I must admit I’ve always gotten the two a bit confused, but I remember that nonbinary has yellow and that’s the distinguishing factor. I always find it funny when I’m trying to put ace colors on something and I have to look at my wrist to see what the order is

• Like 2
TheMostColorfullBlobs
On 4/22/2024 at 1:42 PM, Hurta said:

Ok the x-men reference is way too cool.

I agree, all the dogs she got rescued with got named after marvel superheroes 

On 4/22/2024 at 3:59 PM, DragonWithAQuest said:

My pronoun pin finally came!

crHNdPtbIMG-0755.jpg

nice

• Like 1
On 4/23/2024 at 4:07 AM, asexual_kitten said:

I was just lying on the ground for 45ish minutes. listening to music but not doing anything else. for 45 minutes. I'm supposed to be cleaning my room and if i dont my parents are going to yell at me and say theyve been telling me to do it for a while which they have but i just cant and ive got homework (none due tomorrow but i have a track meet and wont have much time to do it) and i have to do a lot of other stuff but im so tired and i just want to go to sleep and ive just been so stressed lately and i just got back from break yesterday and i already feel like crawling into a hole i just cant right now and ajdhfhaghshsahfsdhflshf

edit: added some stuff

That is so relatable. Has happened to me many times. Sometimes when overwhelmed, you just need ️Floor Time️.

• Like 1
allhailtheglowcloud
1 minute ago, Sadem said:

That is so relatable. Has happened to me many times. Sometimes when overwhelmed, you just need ️Floor Time️.

Especially when you're lying in a really uncomfortable position but you can't be bothered to move...

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Sadem said:

I was staring at the ceiling in the middle of the living room for like 30 minutes yesterday and my dad walked in and he was so confused. It was hilarious 

• Like 1
Bluster kong
30 minutes ago, Sadem said:

I love Floor Time™️ I just put on music and lay on the floor with the lights off, it’s a surprisingly good way to destress lmao

• Like 2
asexual_kitten

I have a cold and a headache and i got 4 hours of sleep last night and i feel awful

allhailtheglowcloud
24 minutes ago, asexual_kitten said:

I have a cold and a headache and i got 4 hours of sleep last night and i feel awful

I'm sorry you feel like that... Get better soon.

I made this ace patch for my bag today and I'm really happy with it!

Also this is my first time using AVEN on a computer so don't judge if the size of the photo turns out weird.

AP1GczPnSxX6ep-sCrPGBigjZfVCncs9-vThA9O3

AP1GczNsM2ZqDkG5HdlMGOt9NA4YMAuewPj2hIg2

• Like 1
On 4/22/2024 at 9:15 PM, Clara Oswald said:

leaving for the theater soon
Started a GoT rewatch, hopefully I'll like it better this time
lol probably rewatch HotD in June during the couple weeks between when school ends and the release of s2
and then rewatch Stranger Things over the summer
was going to do it now, but you know what has consumed my life again 💀

Was the experience nice at the teacher? Hope you like GoT this time around!!

Im so bad at watching tv shows actually lol I never have the motivation to start them and most that I do start I never finish.

On 4/23/2024 at 2:57 PM, -Lexa- said:

The strangest thing happened to me this morning, this guy I sometimes talk to just asked “can I ask you a question” and then said “are you straight or asexual?” And I found this really funny given that those weee the two options posed to me by a bi guy. I mean I was wearing ace colored bracelets and all I just found it unusual 

Huh, maybe you give off a vibe, but yeah still weird. 

5 hours ago, Sadem said:

My mom got me a rug for this exam reason. Sometimes Floor Time is me, lying down, trying to understand my notes as I’m studying or taking breaks when it gets too much.

1 hour ago, asexual_kitten said:

Oh no! Feel better soon!

and sleep. Sleep is very, very important (I’m actually going to bed now, because running on five hours is not doing it for me rn).